Pedicure/ toenail problem

thehighheelsgirl

OK so I can't believe I'm writing this but I really need some advice here. A couple months ago I went with a friend to get a mani/ pedi since my normal girl was on vacation and my friend wanted to go, so we went to this place she goes to which was one of those places with all asian girls working. Well, while she was doing my pedi, I was reading a magazine since I couldn't talk with her since the girl barely spoke English and felt a lil pain and then looked down to see what she was doing to me, well she cut my big toenails way too short overall but she like rounded the ends off like back into my skin. I know you're always suppose to cut your toenails straight across and that's how my regular nail tech does it but I didn't think too much about it at the time. I went back to my normal girl 2 weeks later and she was like hunny who did your nails last this is horrible. Well, like 2 months later, I had a lot of pain on my right big toe, on the right side and I got my nail stuff out to see what I could do about it. Well I wound up having to cut the nail back way further than I'd like, but it took the pain away. Well, I've had to do this twice now, as if I just let it grow the same thing happens. I did some reading online and I think I maybe getting an ingrown nail? I don't want to go to like a podiatrist and have him like do surgery on me, but I'm kinda not sure what else to do here. I don't want to have to cut my nail like this forever, so is there anything I can do to get it to just grow back out normally now?

Yes, I do walk in these

I feel your pain! While I was a teenager I had really bad ingrown toenails from nutritional issues. One of them had to be fixed by surgery (but trust me, it had developed into much worse than you have right now, though I know it is still painful), but the other was just cut really far back one time and grew back correctly. If you were able to cut out all the infection, it should grow back correctly since it was caused by the poor trim (she should know better!) and not from anything else. I imagine it's really hard on you since you can't switch to flats and it's too cold for sandals. Hope it feels better really soon.

You are going to have to cut the nail shorter in the center of the leading edge. Depending on how bad a case it is. If it's bad then you will need to cut it into a V shape toward the cuticle as far as you can. I'm not sure I've explained that very well. A friend of mine suffered from in grown toenails and cured it by cutting them so. Happy New Year and good luck.

You are going to have to cut the nail shorter in the center of the leading edge.

Depending on how bad a case it is. If it's bad then you will need to cut it into a V shape toward the cuticle as far as you can.

I'm not sure I've explained that very well. A friend of mine suffered from in grown toenails and cured it by cutting them so.

Happy New Year and good luck.

What do you mean a V shape? It's OK right now, but I don't want this problem to keep coming back.

I guess the fact that I only wear 5 and 6 inch heels probably doesn't help this, but I can't wear sneakers or flats so I don't know what else to do. I've been trying to wear sandals as much as possible as my nail tech told me it'd help, but other than that or surgery (which I don't want) I'm kinda out of ideas.

Yes, I do walk in these

I think she means cutting the side of the toenail off at an angle as far down the side as you can (so as to cut out the infection). It's essentially what I was getting it. It really helped for me. The sandals should help too!

• 2 weeks later...

I think she means cutting the side of the toenail off at an angle as far down the side as you can (so as to cut out the infection). It's essentially what I was getting it. It really helped for me. The sandals should help too!

Gosh no!

Lol, I meant exactly the opposite. Sorry, I meant cutting the center of the toenail short and leaving the sides longer.