High School Student Can't Wear High Heels

WhyNotMenToo

This response said it all in my opinion: "When will administrators learn that this sort of thing only becomes a distraction when they make it a distraction by overreacting to it." Couldn't have said it better myself. Those robots did indeed overreact, turning a molehill into a mountain for no good reason than because their tiny minds couldn't handle the concept of a male wearing heels. Pathetic.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

lol @ his replies on youtube

Hi Im The One That Wore The Heels And I Wanna Thank EveryBody.. But Let Me Tell You This Im Honestly Not Doing It For Attention Nor Trying To Be A Distraction And When I Had The Girls Do It It Was Because They Told Me To Take Them Off Before And I Felt That They Were Doing Because I Was A Guy .. So i Wanted To See i Have Wore Heels To School 4 Times And I Love Them

It A Shame You No All About Me Soo Called That Must Means You Watch Me .. Hey Dont Like Me Its Ohkay And Distraction K Ive Always Had Attention No Matter What It Was .. And I Do Thing To Be Funny Yes .. But That Doesnt Mean Its For Attention Or 15mins Of Fame Please I Could Care Less ...

Hmm, he might want to concentrate on learning how to write before he worries about what he looks like... lol :wave:

Distraction! Nooooooooo, no way.. Can get dressed all by himself, but cannot string a sentence together. :smile: So, what is he doing all day at school?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

This response said it all in my opinion:

"When will administrators learn that this sort of thing only becomes a distraction when they make it a distraction by overreacting to it."

Couldn't have said it better myself. Those robots did indeed overreact, turning a molehill into a mountain for no good reason than because their tiny minds couldn't handle the concept of a male wearing heels. Pathetic.

And talk about hypocritical, the administrator saying that he was concerned for this young man's safety as he wore high heels? Notice he didn't address the many females that wore high heels and their safety. Yet they said there was no double standard.

I get angry when folks connect high heel wearing with being gay. Huge disconnect here. I "ain't" gay, and have worn womens shoes (flats - heels) since I was a teen!! Some heel wearers are gay, and some aren't. Just like some - name the profession, hobby or whatever - are gay and some are straight.. geezzzz... Why are we so hung up on oritenation?? I have my suspicions. Like race, it should be a non issue. Have a good 2012... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Ty is local to me. The Students are organizing a ' protest ' of sorts but from what I have heard, they cannot do it during school time as they would be skipping classes in order to do so. I think I need to swing by the ' protest ' and show some support. I dont think this is a ' gay ' or ' black ' or ' straight ' issue. Its just a School board not showing equality in dress codes. This is a PUBLIC school, not a Private one.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Hey tech; I work with guys who graduated from high school, and cannot put together a sentence as well as this young man attempted too. it's not so unusual. Video wouldn't buffer for me today, but by the comments made, I'm not at all surprised. A nearby school systems cross-country track team (Male and female) all wore pink high heels for breast cancer awareness. They were all sent home due to being considered "inappropriate, unsafe and distracting"

On one hand, I don't like it when heels are being associated only with being gay. This does not help to get wearing heels a little bit more accepted for guys. On the other hand, I would support this student too in his choise to wear what he likes. i don't see any reason why he should not have the freedom to wear high heels to school. It should not be a gender issue. And yes, he seems to have a problem to express himself in a clear way. Apparently this is a general problem of his generation, both in the US and in Europe. A very big "thank you very much" to all those politicians for cutting budgets for education........

love to watch them on cute girls, love to wear them myself

well, I think that it simply a question of "creating a distraction" just BECAUSE he wants to wear some heels to school, I really dont think the school board (or whoever made this so-called "ruling") could even really CARE otherwise in this issue. they just are doing their job I feel of not letting anything "get out of hand" by not permtting it.

Ban heels for all in school, then go to wearing skirts. Bban skirts for all, wear womens jeans. Ban womens jeans for all, wear womens under wear. Ban womens underwear, wear fig leafs. Ban fig leafs.........? Just make sure it's not poison ivy.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

geez i never thought about that. what if there was a fire while i am wearing heels? what an idiot.

So what happens if some one pulls out a gun and starts shooting at you? It's part of the risk you take wearing heels.

Oh buy the way just because of a chance of fire, should we all be wearing cotton clothing?

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

well, I think that it simply a question of "creating a distraction" just BECAUSE he wants to wear some heels to school, I really dont think the school board (or whoever made this so-called "ruling") could even really CARE otherwise in this issue. they just are doing their job I feel of not letting anything "get out of hand" by not permtting it.

That just about sums it up. Anything that can be considered as "outside the box" becomes an issue that must be dealt with. If the school system believes someone will raise a fuss, then it's better to attempt to contain the issue.

Less issues means less distractions from forces outside the school campus, and less headaches for the administration. As this relates to high heels and male wearers, It's a given that the militant evangelical right will surely have a major ojection to this "deviant behavior" along with the anti-gay establishment.

As a person who has had dealings with the local school system over the years, this is exactly why we are seeing the decisions such as the one here.

This is for EVERYONE. I quoted Demonia but this isnt directly stated to him.

My comment or question here might seem a bit ignorant as I dont know what to make of your reply.

I feel the school boards in my area of Western New York are piss-poor to start with.

Buffalo City Schools have a roughly 50% Failure rate. A Third of the students either drop out, quit or later go for a G.E.D.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/buffalo/Buffalo-leaders-address-abysmal-graduation-rate

"BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) - Nearly half of students who go through Buffalo schools never get their diplomas. School leaders agreed they need to do more about their graduation rates.

The Buffalo Public School District's low graduation rate is really problematic when it comes to African-American males. So now there is again lots of talk about what to do to turn the district around and solve the problem."

To think they are worried about ' distractions '? How about that 50ish percent that ' fail '?

The City of Buffalo ( and its surroundings which Include Niagara Falls ) School Boards have done everything from blaming Race to Poverty to the PARENTS on why the failure rate is so high. They have NEVER, NOT ONCE, looked at themselves and said ' What part of the responsibility do we hold in such a bad failure rate? Where have we gone wrong? '

These people are Politically Appointed, not outright elected. They are NOT chosen by the parents or students.

Whatever footware ANY of the kids choose to wear isnt the problem and this whole ' Male/african/guy/gay ' whatever they want to start crying about is a FARSE! Its a spin to distract from the REAL problems.

The schools dress codes are a JOKE! The Kid in Question ( Ty ) at least covers himself. He doesnt have a belt strapped below his buttox so he can show off his underware/skivvies/britches. Hes not wearing a shirt with boobs hanging out. Hes not wearing a thong showing out the top/back of his jeans that are 3 sizes too small!

Ty isnt walking around, knocking up young girls so they will drop out and go on welfare/social-services instead of finishing school. This kid isnt bringing a gun to school or beating up other kids. The Kid isnt peddling drugs.

This kid is showing up for class and trying to finish off his basic education. That alone by statistics shows hes looking better then half the other students in graduating.

Take away the heels, and this is just some ordinary kid whom is going to school. He doesnt have a problem going to school and apparently wants to finish it ( or he would have dropped out ). Where is the problem in that?

If the School Boards were doing their ' Jobs ', kids would be passing school and have a decent education. They would be able to read, write and do basic math. School Boards are worried ( apparently ) more about a kid and his boots then half the kids whom fail.

The School Boards in my area are NOT doing anything but being paid for a job they dont do.

I dont post any of this to be mean or spiteful, but to represent the unfortunate truth of the School System in my area. :smile:

I say this as a ' Friend ', not as someone whom wants to dislike you at all.

Less issues means less distractions from forces outside the school campus, and less headaches for the administration. As this relates to high heels and male wearers, It's a given that the militant evangelical right will surely have a major ojection to this "deviant behavior" along with the anti-gay establishment.

As a person who has had dealings with the local school system over the years, this is exactly why we are seeing the decisions such as the one here.

Your comment about ' Militant Evangelical Rights ' in this situation is very IGNORANT.

This School Board your speaking of ( all over Western NY ) is SOOOOOOO Left-Bleeding-BLUE ( and has been for the last 30 years ) that if your NOT a ' Democrat ', your looked down upon.

So, as a person whom has LIVED HERE AND DEALT WITH THESE FAILURES for quite a while, Your comment about ' Militant Evangelical Rights ' in this situation shows how disdainful you really feel about other human beings.

No, Im not ' Evangelical ' nor a ' Right Winger '. Im just a guy whom knows idiocy and hatred when someone types it out in front of me. I dont think you like reading that, but whats to like about what YOU have stated?

You want to know why "we are seeing the decisions such as the one here."?!?!

Read your comment about others, then question WHY they think the same of you.

Would it be good for them to reverse what you said and say ' Well, the problem is this guy heelster.. hes a closet fag whom hates god and hates us so.. we should just ram some crap-rules about nothing down his throat and make sure he has it for dinner 3 times a day, 7 days a week.. '..

Maybe when people like yourself can put your own hatred aside, people like myself and MANY others can actually have some kind of harmony in our lives to enjoy the freedoms we would ALL like to have.

You dont HAVE to be the one that hates. You dont HAVE to be the one to point a finger. You CHOOSE to do such, thats where the problem exists, for *Everyone*.

I dont care what you think about militant evangelical righties. I dont care what they think about you. Both of you can point fingers at each other all day long and it will NOT solve the problem that 50% of the kids in that school WILL NOT GRADUATE.

I dont think you will ever ' get it ' but MOST of us have, and moved on, a long time ago.

Give it all some thought. Im sure many already have ( I sure did ). We CAN be part of the problem and not even realize it.

Thats the problem with this whole issue/topic/conversation.

Heres a comment about the video :

"I'm not surprised. This happened in Niagara Falls, one of the most conservative parts of New York state."

Apparently, they are as good at making ignorant comments as yourself. This area of New York is VERY Liberal, VERY Blue!

9 city Counsel members- 8 of which are Democrats, A Mayor ( Black and a Democrat ), County Exec is a Democrat, both US House of Rep Members from this area are Democrats.. The Govenor and BOTH US Senators are Democrats..

Chuck Schumer is a Conservative? OMG! I never knew! Pro-Abortion, Gun Grabber, Big Spender, ' Tax the rich! ', Supports OWS Movement.. Whom would have thought Chuck was a Conservative! Just WoW!

There are too many haters, Dont be one of them! I'm not anti-gay or anti-evangelical. I think the planet needs MORE of both kinds so there will be more free babes for me to scope out and less people mindlessly killing others.

-Ilk

Ilikekick Sorry if I have offended you in any and likewise anyone else. Yes, Western New York is predominantly Democrat, I'll most definately agree with that. During my post, I was referencing a section of the country I reside in. It's the country, not suburban, not metropolitan, it's the stick. The school districts I am familiar with don't reside in a city limit in some cases. The local school system averages 98% graduation rate. Dress code and conduct are no where near what Buffalo tolerates. Predominately GOP Evangelicals (They still say prayers at all major events) As for me - I'm one of eleven Libertarians in the whole damned county. Now - As for New York - I'll be visiting there sometime around May last I heard. Seems one of our family members wants to get married, but he's going all the way to Niagra Falls (state side) to do so. My household will be the only family members attending these proceeding. Any guess as to why New York???? He can't get married in Ohio since he's Gay!! My wife and I will be the only family attending his wedding because the rest of the family all think he is going straight to hell due to his deviant behavior - - They think he can be cured of his wicked behaviors like he's possessed by the Devil. You mentioned ""Read your comment about others, then question WHY they think the same of you."" Oh I understand very well what they would say about me. I'm already on their questionable list as it is because of my views on certain subject, and I don't go to their churches 3 times a week. Now back to the school system. The current principle where my kids have attended is a young lady maybe in her late 30s to early 40's. Has done wonders for the school, but the board had a dilema 2 years ago. They discovered during health insurance negotiations that she has a domestic partner. Lucky for her they can't fire her, but she has had to leave this lifestyle at home. Nobody at school has ever seen her partner, doesn't know her name, and has never been see with her even outside of the school system. Certain parents are just waiting for her to make a mistake so they can "Purge the devil from their midst" Now - do you expect a guy in heels to survive in that kind of school enviroment?? And you wonder why I refer to MY FAMILY as Militant Evangelicals.

Ilikekick

Sorry if I have offended you in any and likewise anyone else.

YOU as a PERSON dont offend me in any way shape or form. What you stated doesnt ' offend ' me either. Its the ' Mentality ' you present. Its not ' offensive ', but it reflects the outright worst in humanity or any human being. It reflects something of my own past and I know first hand, it might make you into a bad person.

You sound just as bad as those you speak of, and even WORSE as you know such hatred is wrong and yet you posted it here.

I dont need to ask ' why ' you feel the way you do as its irrelevant. If you want to be hateful towards others, feel free to do so. Its YOUR opinion. Theres no need of an excuse for it. No need to apologize or anything. You just need to remember that in the future, people will hold you accountable for your own words of disdain/disrespecting others and you shouldnt complain or have a piffy when someone does it back to you. Right now, you are just as wrong as others will be when Karma brings such back to you.

Yes, Western New York is predominantly Democrat, I'll most definately agree with that.

During my post, I was referencing a section of the country I reside in. It's the country, not suburban, not metropolitan, it's the stick. The school districts I am familiar with don't reside in a city limit in some cases.

You stated this was an issue directly reflected by ' Evangelical Militants ' and ' anti-gay ' when such is simply does not apply here. It was just a chance for you to make some negative comment about someone else.

You were trying to make such the problem in this situation and thats just ' not right '.

The local school system averages 98% graduation rate.

Dress code and conduct are no where near what Buffalo tolerates.

Predominately GOP Evangelicals (They still say prayers at all major events)

SO WHAT if THEY Pray. When they put a gun to your head and FORCE you to do the same, I will be there standing WITH you against such. If you dont like their prayers, dont listen to them. It really IS that easy to get along with others.

If Evangelicals being in an area can produce the results you posted of a 98% passing rate, Ill GLADLY swap you whats in Western NY 1 for 1 in persons!

As for me - I'm one of eleven Libertarians in the whole damned county.

Libertarians dont express hateful things as you have. Myself being a registered Libertarian as you state you are, would be asked to leave one of our gatherings for making such a comment. I would probably be asked to never come back.

Now - As for New York - I'll be visiting there sometime around May last I heard.

Seems one of our family members wants to get married, but he's going all the way to Niagra Falls (state side) to do so. My household will be the only family members attending these proceeding.

Any guess as to why New York????

He can't get married in Ohio since he's Gay!!

While your here in New York, You can bash away and freely express your hatred for others. You will fit right in ( for the most part ) with the comments you have made. THAT is why our school districts have FAILED. Its why the whole state has FAILED.

You complain about those ' Militant Evangelicals '.. In New York, theres individuals whom speak the same as you do that ( in the past ) have cast physical violence on those whom disagrees with what THEY want. The reason there arent many Evangelicals in my area is YOUR KIND OF HATRED had them all leave the area.

With them leaving, those whom you might agree with went on a ' banning spree '.

Because of their actions, Bars can no longer have live music, its a ' safety hazard ' and places need certain kinds of ' insurances ' to cover a live band. Its VERY EXPENSIVE.

Theres 71 cents on a gallon of gas tax. Its the HIGHEST in the nation.. yet NY has the worst roads. Go figure! I can state proudly we have the highest gas prices in the Union outside of Cali and Hawaii. Im thankful its not the U.K where close to 10$/Gallon wasnt uncommon not long ago.

I pay 8.75% sales tax on ANYTHING I buy. They wonder why the states Economy is collapsed and nobody can afford to hire anybody? They wonder why nobody is buying anything of value?

It would seem to me that you would think it would be great to have this ' one voice for all ' type of environment, yet such is a complete failure. Its bland, stagnant, no new ideas, and the results from such..

Could this possibly ( the topic ) be a bad situation of a school board made of inept Evangelical Haters like yourself?

I dont think you see the full picture of where your hate/disdain really goes or what it leads to.

My wife and I will be the only family attending his wedding because the rest of the family all think he is going straight to hell due to his deviant behavior - - They think he can be cured of his wicked behaviors like he's possessed by the Devil.

That is THEIR problem, not yours. YOU choose what you accept as I choose what I accept. Peaceful co-existence. If you want to hate others because they dont like what you do, your no different nor any better then them. Your a problem, not a part of a solution.

You mentioned ""Read your comment about others, then question WHY they think the same of you.""

Oh I understand very well what they would say about me. I'm already on their questionable list as it is because of my views on certain subject, and I don't go to their churches 3 times a week.

If your THAT worried about what others might think of you, you live a life in fear. It is NOT a good life and one *I* have escaped.

I dont agree with your families stances, but Im NOT going to sit here and disgrace them or defame them by calling them ' Militant Evangelicals '.

Now back to the school system. The current principle where my kids have attended is a young lady maybe in her late 30s to early 40's. Has done wonders for the school, but the board had a dilema 2 years ago. They discovered during health insurance negotiations that she has a domestic partner. Lucky for her they can't fire her, but she has had to leave this lifestyle at home. Nobody at school has ever seen her partner, doesn't know her name, and has never been see with her even outside of the school system. Certain parents are just waiting for her to make a mistake so they can "Purge the devil from their midst"

If you were a REAL ' Libertarian ', you would understand the concept of the 10th Amendment. We are a ' Free ' people whom live in a Democratic Republic. If we dont like the laws where we live, we can pack our bags and move to an area that is more in-line with our beliefs. We are one of the FEW nations where such freedoms exist.

You gave a perfect example of this in that Ohio doesnt allow same-sex marriage. Good on Ohio! New York DOES allow such a marriage. Even better on New York!

Can you follow such line of thinking?

If you dont like the ideals of where you live, YOU need to either peaceably resolve your issues through being an adult and representing your views in a respectful manner to win over the thoughts of others, or leave/flee to an area that already reflects such and be another face in the crowd.

You should NOT go around demonizing others. You dont like it when someone bashes gays, you dont like that Ohio wont allow them to marry.. Yet you preach the same rubbish in the opposite direction. What does it solve besides showing your hatred for others? It does NOTHING good for anyone. It doesnt stop gays from being bashed. It doesnt stop those ' Militant Evangelicals ' from disliking whom they dislike.

Now - do you expect a guy in heels to survive in that kind of school environment??

Tyreese HAS survived quite well. I have plans to join the protests they are planning to have in support of the kid for the reasons I have stated. The video stated Ty has been to school MANY times in different heeled footwares, this wasnt just a 1 day event.

In the video, the kid is strutting just fine, nobody broke his kneecaps and I didnt see any signs of someone taking a baseball bat to him.

I plan on attending these protests to reflect support for the GOOD the kid offers. He attends school and wants to finish it. Hes not peddling drugs. Hes not knocking up young girls.

If hes gay or not doesnt matter. If hes black or white doesnt matter. If hes rich or poor, it doesnt matter. If hes Evangelical or not, doesnt matter.

What does matter, is that hes doing better then half the other students. Since when is wanting to go to school a ' distraction '? Thats all he is doing.

And you wonder why I refer to MY FAMILY as Militant Evangelicals.

I never asked nor wondered ' why ' you would say something about your family. Their YOUR family, not mine, not my worry.

What I would wonder is " What kind of person would say something like that about their own family?" or " Is this the kind of person I want to associate with? ".

If you wish to disgrace your family in what you say, thats between you and them. I dont need to hear about it. Thats YOUR issue/dealings.

The topic of discussion is about the Niagara Falls School in Question whom has chosen to do something, calling it a ' distraction ' when its nothing more then a bunch of people failing to do their jobs responsibly/properly.

This is REGARDLESS of whatever their religious beliefs are or your families.

There just MIGHT be a few of those Evangelicals you speak of reading your disdain.. how should they feel about your comments?

I would be truthful in saying I ran into a Catholic Priest and a Nun on one of my outings and it was a rather pleasant conversation. The only ' odd ' thing in the whole conversation was that they both recognized me as being male! They spoke of what their beliefs reflected and I smiled and told them they had interesting beliefs and continued to pay for my purchases ( was at a store ). They offered to pray for me and I smiled and THANKED them for the consideration. Shook the priests hand, wished them a good day and left.

Im not Catholic. Im not Muslim, Jewish, Agnostic, Wiccan.. Im just me, nobody else. The same as this kid in this school. Hes just another kid, nobody else.

I think you should re-read what I posted in my last message. The more I read of yours, your presenting a deep hatred for a specific group of people which is no different then what this supposed group has done to one of your relatives. You need to recognize you are as wrong as they are and until you are willing to accept part of the blame, your no different then the school boards in my area failing the students here. Your just being part of a problem, not looking at all to be part of a solution.

This kid wasnt kicked out because of the boots or shoes he was wearing. He was a patsy for a bigger problem. THAT is the issue at hand.

This kid is being dragged into a situation where he never belonged in the first place.

The Great State of N.Y. you like for allowing a gay family member to marry also has a lot of budget problems. It has too many infrastructure problems. Its become so bad that a Democrat Governor whom had full AFL/CIO endorsement has had to ditch 6000 Union members ( State Employees ) to close a very small leak in a bursting dam.

Theres no money left for ' hand outs ' to the SEIU or the Teachers Unions. In fact, 131 teachers in Buffalo were laid-off along with a bus load of Teachers-Aids.

The Teachers Union in Buffalo has gone as far ( in the past ) as threatening to Strike if Penis Enhancement and Breast Jobs werent offered in their medical packages. They dont care if it means the kids will not be educated and they are out on the streets instead of in the class-rooms. HEY! At least Gay people here can be married though, right?

New York lost 2 seats in the House of Representatives from the last Census report. 2 Seats! Thats 800,000 people leaving this state. Why?

We are the second most heavily taxed State in the Union and have/had the second largest budget deficit and debt in the Union, why is that?

Theres no room for any form of hate right now. Not yours of your family or those that you dont like hating on you. You need to be a better person and bury that rubbish before it takes your humanity and makes you into the thing you despise the most.

Hmm, he might want to concentrate on learning how to write before he worries about what he looks like... lol :wave:

Distraction! Nooooooooo, no way.. Can get dressed all by himself, but cannot string a sentence together. :smile: So, what is he doing all day at school?

Meet the American public education system. You shall know it by its product. My encounters with Brits have led me to expect the poor to be more articulate and the well-off to be more logically rigorous than their American counterparts. Moreover, few people here would ever coach a student making an internet posting to re-read and edit the posting before hitting submit. Self-expression rules, even if no one else can understand what you're expressing. I gotta be me!

What's he doing all day at school, you ask? Judging by his writing, likely killing time until he either graduates or is old enough to drop out, depending on what he wants to do. His teachers usually won't issue him demanding assignments. Even if they give him bad grades, if there are no consequences for them at home, so what? He's been warehoused more than he's been taught. That's why he writes like that.

The American school system (and possibly the rest of the "first" world too) is a complete failure. American schools (especially in the large cities) are run by bureaucrats and unions who don't give a hoot about the students. Need proof? Look at the dropout rate, the students who do "graduate" can't read, right (I did that for affect) or do math, sad indeed. And on top of that, dysfunctional famlies who don't care/neglect their kids and expect the schools to do it all. All you teachers out there - and there are some excellent ones - no offense to you, the good ones (you know who you are) do an excellent job, they are just shoveling against the tide, very frustrating. OK, I'm done with my rant - I feel better... Take care all... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I do also wished the story was titled by the media "male high school student" instead of "gay high school student". Because his sexual orientation had nothing to do with this issue. It was an overreaction because someone saw a male in high heels.

The American school system (and possibly the rest of the "first" world too) is a complete failure. American schools (especially in the large cities) are run by bureaucrats and unions who don't give a hoot about the students. Need proof? Look at the dropout rate, the students who do "graduate" can't read, right (I did that for affect) or do math, sad indeed. And on top of that, dysfunctional famlies who don't care/neglect their kids and expect the schools to do it all. All you teachers out there - and there are some excellent ones - no offense to you, the good ones (you know who you are) do an excellent job, they are just shoveling against the tide, very frustrating. OK, I'm done with my rant - I feel better... Take care all... sf

One of the problems with that is people with high intelligence that could improve the quality of education don't become teachers because they are paid so little. I am not 100% sure about this statement but I want to say a teacher makes less in a year then one year of college cost.

Meet the American public education system... You shall know it by its product...

.. Self-expression rules, even if no one else can understand what you're expressing. I gotta be me!

What's he doing all day at school, you ask? Judging by his writing, likely killing time until he either graduates or is old enough to drop out, depending on what he wants to do. His teachers usually won't issue him demanding assignments. Even if they give him bad grades, if there are no consequences for them at home, so what? He's been warehoused more than he's been taught. That's why he writes like that.

I snipped out what I wanted to comment on, please excuse such :smile:.

You are 100% correct in what you have stated. THAT is the distraction. The ' System ' is the problem, not the student.

Im going to post names of schools here incase anyone wishes to check the validity of what I'm stating or if they wish to question the truthfulness of it.

In Western NY, There are many private or charter schools. Bishop Timon/St. Jude, St. Francis, Nicholes, Immaculata, Hilbert, St. Mary's..

The have 95%+ Graduation rates and most of those students go on to higher education. Its more likely those students will go on to Ivy league or ' Prestigious ' types of learning places.

The private schools have less violence, Less drug issues and in all honesty, produce students whom are more respectful in the general public then their public school counterparts.

Knowing the above..

Why does it cost more to put a kid through the public system only to have an abysmal failure rate? To have incidents like the one this thread is about?

The REAL problem isnt the kid, its whats being fed to him in the public institution that ( IMO ) shouldnt exist to begin with.

One of the problems with that is people with high intelligence that could improve the quality of education don't become teachers because they are paid so little. I am not 100% sure about this statement but I want to say a teacher makes less in a year then one year of college cost.

In the district in question, ' Teachers ' ( if you can actually call them that by looking at their products ) make more then they are actually worth.

A Union teacher in Western NY..

Average Teacher Salary Rank: 5th

Starting Teacher Salary Rank: 5th

Salary raise last year: 2.1 %

Salary raise over 10 years: 19.2 %

Starting Salary: $37,321

Average Salary: $57,354

Student/Teacher Ratios in New York, 2006

Number of Teachers: 228,903

Number of Students: 2,815,507

Students per Teacher: 12.0

New York teacher salaries vs. total education expenditures

Total Expenditures: $38,152,934,002

Teacher Expenditures: $12,864,348,600

Percent Spent on Teachers: 33.72 %

http://www.teacherportal.com/salary/New-York-teacher-salary

Teachers eat up a LOT of the total ' educational costs '. In comparison to facilities, transportation and other areas their salaries arent accounted for, a third of the whole Educational Budget goes directly into their pockets.

Buffalo FINALLY had our mayor hire a new ' Schools Superintendent '. The last guy made over 210,000$ a year.

The solution to the problem is to put in an incentive. ' When the passing rate makes it to 75% of all students, you will get a raise. When testing shows our student body is actually learning, you will get a raise. If in 5 years, theres no progress, there will be layoffs and replacements to happen '. This applies to ALL teh Administrators all the way down to the janitor.

This whole ' gay kid with heels ' farse is a massive distraction on how bad the public education system in my area really is. The system is failing to do for these kids what needs to be done.

Now that this thread has turned away from the initial point, my two cents. A lot of the issue in schools does not soley fall on the teachers shoulders. Much of it has to do with a lack of discipline at both home and at school of the kids. Long gone are the days when schools could truely discilpine students, especially in the elementary years when attitudes are learned and parents are every bit as responsible for the children not respecting their elders as anyone. (kids are not good by nature and like any animal when left to their own devices will push the limits until the boundries are defined externally). When I went to elementary in the late 60's and 70's (public school just outside Rochester, NY) paddles were still used, nobody talked back to the teachers and graduation rates were in the 90%ish range. The teacher to student ratio has been a huge failure and extremely expensive. There used to be a lot more students per teacher than there is now yet education has not benefitted. (class sizes in my school averaged 28 until later when elected courses in math and science were chosen) I believe education has slipped since the mid 90's and on for many reasons but lack of respect (usually learned via discipline) is at the top of the list. I hope I did not offend anyone.

Can gay high school women get "tattoos" and gay high school men get earrings? Seems that would be just as big a question to someone such as myself who was in high school more than 40 years ago

Against my better judgement, I'm gonna relpy;

Based on my local school system and those surrounding it, Students are not permitted to display any tattoo's at any time. This includes any and all after school events and summer programs while they are a student in the district. Boys will remove all body jewlery. Girls are permited earing but are expected to limit them to one per ear, and 1/3 the length of their ear (about 1"). No other body jewlery is permited. No student will have hair coloring that is considered unnatural. In otherword, Bright pink and orange are not natural.

Now that this thread has turned away from the initial point, my two cents.

A lot of the issue in schools does not soley fall on the teachers shoulders. Much of it has to do with a lack of discipline at both home and at school of the kids. Long gone are the days when schools could truely discilpine students, especially in the elementary years when attitudes are learned and parents are every bit as responsible for the children not respecting their elders as anyone. (kids are not good by nature and like any animal when left to their own devices will push the limits until the boundries are defined externally). When I went to elementary in the late 60's and 70's (public school just outside Rochester, NY) paddles were still used, nobody talked back to the teachers and graduation rates were in the 90%ish range.

The same ' Paddels ' were used in the late 70's and early 80's when I was attending Buffalo Area Schools. I would go as far as to say when my father was notified of a problem I started ( Yes, I wasnt an angel all the time :wave: ), My father came to the school, handed the Asst Principle his belt and told him " He owes you first, then his ass belongs to me when he gets home. "

I wouldnt go as far as comparing the kids of today to animals, but I can respectfully see where a comparison could be made.

There was a push for ' School Uniforms ' in Buffalo not to long ago. Certain people cried it was taking away liberties, a slap at the poor, just another kooky idea that had nothing to do with learning.. Name an excuse to stand against such a measure and it was used.

The teacher to student ratio has been a huge failure and extremely expensive. There used to be a lot more students per teacher than there is now yet education has not benefitted. (class sizes in my school averaged 28 until later when elected courses in math and science were chosen)

It was around 30ish when I went through High School. I believe you are correct in this next statement as well..

I believe education has slipped since the mid 90's and on for many reasons but lack of respect (usually learned via discipline) is at the top of the list.

Class sizes reduced in My area from 1995 to the present. Theres a school that runs on a ' 6-1-1 ' setting. 6 Students, one teacher and one teachers aid per class. These are ' Special needs ' teachers and hold much higher then average salaries.

I hope I did not offend anyone.

Not I. I enjoy seeing reflections of past-vs-present or present-vs-past. It opens our eyes to whats really going on.

Thank you for the breathe of fresh air. :smile:

-Ilk

I wore black, stretch, knee high patent boots, with 2 inch heels all my senior year in high school. No authority ever told me I had to stop. They were the height of women's fashion at the time and I wanted to wear the same myself. That ws in the 70's. How times change. The young man in question here was dressed very sharply. As others have commented it could be way worse. If he can't wear heels then the women can't either. That sounds fair and supports the reasoning given by the administrator - safety. I am not gay and by my understanding the gay community does not like the label that dressing as such is gay.

classic style high heel boots