Louboutins and men...

canuck_hh

I was just wondering if any guys ever wore Louboutins here?

Yes. I have.

From what I heard they might be a bit tight on the feet, but I always wondered how they felt.

About a half size smaller then I normally wear. Im somewhere between a 9.5-10 US womens. A 10 in Cl seemed to fit like a 9-9.5 .

How did they ' feel '? No more expensive, comfortable or better then any of the other shoes I have ( Being honest ).

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I bought my first pair (so far...) of Louboutins just a little over a month ago. refer to: http://www.hhplace.org/designer_heels/20870-christian_louboutin_new_decoltissimo_100_-_got_em.html

When I was hearing/reading about going half to one size up I was getting quite anxious because this particular pair is in the size I normally get with Aldos. I went for it anyway and they fit like a glove!

I bought my first pair (so far...) of Louboutins just a little over a month ago. refer to: http://www.hhplace.org/designer_heels/20870-christian_louboutin_new_decoltissimo_100_-_got_em.html

When I was hearing/reading about going half to one size up I was getting quite anxious because this particular pair is in the size I normally get with Aldos. I went for it anyway and they fit like a glove!

Interesting to know they were close to Aldo's size

BTW great shoes

I've only seen one pair of Louboutins I liked enough to were I'd wear them (black with black spikes all over them), but I didn't like them enough to drop that kind of ca$h... Beautiful shooooz though..

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried on my first pair of CL's the other day and they fit me perfectly! the only thing i will say is that although the red sole looks incredibly pretty, it is definately the slippiest sole i have ever walked on!

I tried on my first pair of CL's the other day and they fit me perfectly! the only thing i will say is that although the red sole looks incredibly pretty, it is definately the slippiest sole i have ever walked on!

Can you please tell us how you compare your CL's with other shoes having a similar style ?

Are they (really) more comfortable ? Do they fit (much) better ?

Is-it really worth to spend the extra money for them or you pay only for the name ?

I have two pairs of Loubies: Pigalle 120 and Decollète 868 100. Both pairs are very well done and comfortable. The fact is I have a pair of knockoffs of both which are very well crafted but one size too small so I can't say if they are really different or not. The Pigalles are really steep and I need to do some training before using them to walk properly (heel is 136mm). Anyway the fit incredibly well. The Decolletes are easy to walk -as are the knockoffs if they hadn't the size issue-, they make walking in heels very natural. The heel of these is 115mm which is the highest I can handle without training. I have another pair of high heels from Missoni which are 125mm and they are not so comfortable. The same happens with Brian Atwood's Nico wich are 125mm also. Both are very well crafted, I must say.

Can you please tell us how you compare your CL's with other shoes having a similar style ?

Is-it really worth to spend the extra money for them or you pay only for the name ?

I would say, for the CLs that I have to a comparable pair in style and heel height (in this case: BCBGirls Katchen at 3.5+" or BCBGirls Mika at 4"), there is a difference in how they feel. Now all of these are made out of leather; the Katchen and CL Decoltissimo 100s are patent leather - to me, felt like the CL snugged to your foot much like stepping on memory foam. The sensation is like it conforms to your foot better.

Now I don't know if US sizing vs Euro sizing has a role in fitment, of the Euro sized heels I have, they just seemed to fit better to me. The tricky part though with CL, is that the shoes in general are made from 3 different factories (as told by a CL aficionado), so depending on the style of heel, pay attention to the size variance. If you do a search, you can find references on different CL heels and the variance (true to size, size smaller, size larger, etc.)

...they make walking in heels very natural...

...felt like the CL snugged to your foot much like stepping on memory foam.

The sensation is like it conforms to your foot better...

Thank you both for your comments and review on the CL heels !

Now I want to try a pair of Louboutin even more than before :smile:

What model of classic stiletto pump would you recommend for a first time buyer ?

Thank you both for your comments and review on the CL heels !

Now I want to try a pair of Louboutin even more than before :smile:

What model of classic stiletto pump would you recommend for a first time buyer ?

Well, the ones I have are the Decoltissimo with the 100mm heel. There's also an 85mm.

The other styles with that classic look are Decolette, Pigalle (this comes in a 125mm heel option), Hai, or Hai Sling.

Round toes: Decollète 868 100.

Pointy toes: Decoltissimo 100.

Must have: Pigalle 120

I don't particularly like platforms.

I'm not sure if you are able to find the old Decoltissimo anymore. Net a Porter used to have the Decollètes -Italian word for pumps- last year in black and camel. I can't see them now, nor the Pigalle 120 which were there too.

Any way you should look at Louboutin's Store: http://us.christianlouboutin.com/shoes-1/pumps.html

Well i dont own any, i just tried them on in store, but they felt absolutely amazing on my feet! like they were made around my foot.

With a sensible head, i'd probably say it wasn't worth paying the extra for them, but with a lustful head for them, i'd totally indulge in as many pairs of them as i could afford as they're to die for! :smile:

With a sensible head, i'd probably say it wasn't worth paying the extra for them, but with a lustful head for them, i'd totally indulge in as many pairs of them as i could afford as they're to die for! :smile:

IF there is a sensible head when it comes to heels, it's not mine for sure!

Again, thank you all for your comments ! Two comments got my attention: "Memory foam" and "made around my foot" It seems obvious they are really well made and comfortable to wear. Now my brain keep saying "Louboutin-Louboutin" and it doesn't stop ! Problem is there are no Louboutin store nearby and I don't want to order on the Internet. I want to try a pair for real to see how they fit before buying. What do I do next ????

If you're near consignment stores, especially, high-end consignment stores, you can try on the premium designer styles they would have at any one time. I've been to a couple of them and the sales people are helpful and knowledgeable when it comes to sizing across different designers. Also, given they're sold in good condition, you can get heels at far less than retail.

• 1 month later...

Well I just ordered a pair of loubies from Saks… God I’m so excited!!! I just couldn’t resist anymore, I needed a pair of designer shoes for myself. I did order one pair as well for my girlfriend at the same time, she deserves one, birthday gift even though she’s not aware I ordered a pair for myself. She wanted a pair of Pigalle. I went for something classic for myself, Simple 100 in black size 41.5, I decided to go with the lager size since form what we hear Loubies tend to run small. I usually fit in women 10 or 11. Hopefully they’ll be a perfect fit. I’m so excited and can’t wait to open the box and put them on! It’s actually the first pair of shoes I bought in over three years, I got rid of my high heels a couple years ago, but the urge came back and I just couldn’t resist anymore. The money was there so why not go for something very nice.

Well I just ordered a pair of loubies from Saks… God I’m so excited!!! I just couldn’t resist anymore, I needed a pair of designer shoes for myself. I did order one pair as well for my girlfriend at the same time, she deserves one, birthday gift even though she’s not aware I ordered a pair for myself. She wanted a pair of Pigalle.

I believe Saks has only the Pigalle 100. If you want the 120 you should go to the Louboutin Shop.

When my Louboutins fitted me they were gorgeous. Almost sculpted around my feet. They feel custom made. Bespoke. Luxuriant. For heelers they are a breed apart. Iconic and desirable beyond belief. Alas mine are now too big. Weight loss etc. Hence the sale posted elsewhere here. I will replace them. It's the natural thing to do. In Paris in the Spring.:wavey:

"You put high heels on and you change" M. Blahnik