Another great shopping experience

Mr. X

Sometimes it is the little things that can make someones day. Today I was that someone. I was getting some last minute Christmas shopping done. I was at the big local mall here. I decided to stop in at the Aldo store which I frequent regularly. It was quite busy. And they had extra staff on for the holidays I'm assuming. My favorite sales girl was working though. She is probably a manager or something. Or at least one of the senior staff members. I am usually not there to with the intent to buy. But if something catches my eye I won't say no. She spotted me through all the hustle and bustle and proceeded to say hello and tell me that there was a sale on boots. additional 30% off clearance boots. I already knew about it but I let her tell me anyhow. I proceeded to look around for a few minutes. Next thing I know there is a tap on my shoulder. It is her! She says, "let me show you a pair of boots I think you will like". She couldn't find them on the shelf so she went in the back. She came back with a pair of boots I took a liking to immediately . How did she know!....lol They were grey but she said they also came in black. I was very partial to the grey though. They were about calf height and they had a decent heel on them as well. I asked if they had a 10 and she went to check. To my disappointment they did not. Too bad because they really were nice. She mentioned that they could be ordered though. She knows I do not order because I can run anywhere from a 9 to a 10 in size. And I usually like to "try before I buy". Even though I walked out empty handed, I had a huge smile on my face. I always get great service there. But today I felt she went above and beyond the call of duty. She basically singled me out of the busy crowd and gave me the same if not better service than any other customer. It still kinda bugs me that I couldn't buy the boots though...lol I may have to really examine my no order policy...lol

What's their policy? I mean, could you place the order to be delivered to the store so you could try them on and get a refund if they don't fit?

You basically hit the nail on the head. Problem is, you have to give a name address phone number etc. And they call you when they come in. Being that I am still relatively "in the closet" so to speak, I am not comfortable giving out that info. I'd have some explaining to do if my mother answered that call...lol

I'm not positive, but I'm like 99% sure these are the boots in question. What does everyone think?

http://www.aldoshoes.com/ca-eng/sale/women/sale-boots/76207024-matsushima/12

I visited the UK recently and noticed ALDO has some great looking boots this season at reasonable prices. Unfortunately the stores I visited didn't have the boots in the size I wanted (41).

I checked out their website, but they don't ship internationally and wouldn't even ship to a friends house in the UK because my credit card billing address wasn't the same as the shipping address. This is the strictest security policy I've come across while internet shopping.

The boots I wanted have now sold out at ALDO but are still found elsewhere:

http://www.zappos.com/aldo-alcosiba-black?channel=37&mr:referralID=1f03fec1-2c74-11e1-8078-001b2166c62d

A bit extreme I know....buy hey I like extreme.

Other I liked were:

http://us.asos.com/countryid/2/ALDO/ALDO-Gutirrez-High-Heeled-Leather-Ankle-Boots/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1686279&MID=35719&affid=2135&siteID=J84DHJLQkR4-s2z4R_ti495sIapN7Wpcaw

and

http://www.aldoshoes.com/uk/sale/women/sale-boots/85772543-straube/11

Being the stubborn *'?!-..#! I am I was not to be put off by Aldo's restrictive security policy. In the end I found the boots on Amazon in the US. Amazon would not ship internationally because of the restrictions set by Aldo, but would accept my credit card. So I set up an account with a US mail forwarding company (free set up and 8.5 USD per package) and the boots are on their way. They should arrive this week in time for xmas !

You basically hit the nail on the head. Problem is, you have to give a name address phone number etc. And they call you when they come in. Being that I am still relatively "in the closet" so to speak, I am not comfortable giving out that info. I'd have some explaining to do if my mother answered that call...lol

I'm not positive, but I'm like 99% sure these are the boots in question. What does everyone think?

http://www.aldoshoes.com/ca-eng/sale/women/sale-boots/76207024-matsushima/12

Those are very pretty boots. And they look comfortable, too.

Those are really some great looking boots! It is really too bad that they didn't have them in your size :smile: It is always really nice to have a "favorite salesgirl". There is a small shoe boutique here in Philly that has great stuff, the young girl who owns it is the only employee and she is always great with recommending things I might like, and will even hide my size in the back so that its available for me when I stop by. I was devastated when I stopped in last week and she told me that she is going out of business :wave:. Her lease is up Jan 1 and the landlord is raising the rent. I am sure going to miss her.

nice blog, great food there. Hi from wilm de area. btw DSW great sale today

Thanks Stev! I went shopping there yesterday, got 4 pairs of shoes for around $60! (2 for me, 2 for my girlfriend) I have attached pic! See more on my blog!

post-33385-133522967665_thumb.jpg

johnneffde: Just checked out your blog and found it an interesting read. "Transcender", yes, I think you hit the nail squarely on the head with the term you coined, one that fits me quite well. Bravo to you, my friend, and welcome to HHPlace!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

johnneffde: Just checked out your blog and found it an interesting read. "Transcender", yes, I think you hit the nail squarely on the head with the term you coined, one that fits me quite well. Bravo to you, my friend, and welcome to HHPlace!

Thanks Jeff! I am glad you enjoyed reading it! Check back for more posts and photo posts as I explore the concept of Transcenders!

Also, as I understand, you are in Philly! If anything, check back for the restaurant reviews!