Stockings with sandals

Elswyth

I love stockings, and I love sandals. But many people seem to say that they don't go together. :smile: I really dislike the un-stockinged look of my legs, as there are a few old scars there - maybe I'm being too self-conscious, but I just think they look better with stockings! And sandals are my favourite sort of heels - especially the strappy variety with stilettos. I have rather long toes so I find pumps tend to smush them uncomfortably, and they look weird in peep-toes. So.. can I possibly wear them together, or is it a huge faux pas? I'll definitely get the sandal-toe variety, not the reinforced toe. :smile: I also heard that a low denier with skin tone is the best if I must wear them with sandals, but I'm a huge fan of black stockings.. Is there any way I can pass a toe-less black stocking off with sandals? I also find stockings tend to make me slip inside the heels a little bit. I've tried using insoles, but it's still more slippery than bare-legged. Is there anything that I can do about this - the type of stocking, perhaps?

You sure can wear sandles with stockings. In fact there are stockings with a "Sandlefoot" which does not have reinforced toes created for the purpose of wearing with sandles. I would stay away from darker colors with sandles though. Even nude or beige hose does cover up leg imperfections quite well.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I always wear stockings with all my sandals or peep toe heels. Of course you can wear stockings. It's like wine; you do what you feel like doing. It's your choice not someone else's choice. Henri

If you haven't learned something new today; you have wasted the day.

I always wear stockings with all my sandals or peep toe heels. Of course you can wear stockings. It's like wine; you do what you feel like doing. It's your choice not someone else's choice.

Henri

Well, yes, but a large part of the point in wearing heels is to look good in them - for me, at least. So I try to look the best I can while wearing them, rather than just what I 'feel like doing'. :smile:

What are "sandles"?

Oh, wise guy, eh? Yeah, I deserved that one.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I think that legs with stockings look much better than without. The color will depend also on the color of the shoes. If you like dark stockings, you will have to select sandals that go well with it. But I see absolutely no principle that says that this cannot look good. You just may have extra work doing the shoeshopping Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Certainly, I will not be wearing black stockings with nude sandals. :smile: My sandals are black, but when I wear black stockings I notice a very obvious colour discrepancy between my foot and the toe, since the stocking is sandal-toe.

• 2 weeks later...

So.. I have a new pair of black sandals. :smile: Would black toeless stockings look good with it? The stockings will definitely match the sandals - however, I am rather fair-skinned so there will be a rather obvious skin color discrepancy below the sandal strap (my own toes) and above it (black). Stick with black or go with nude-colored stockings?

I personally like the sight of pretty hosiery with the peep-toes and sandals. The "naked foot" look with them I know is enjoyed by many as it has been expressed at this site. I myself see nothing wrong with nylons and sandals. That's just me.

Okay, so I tried it. It keeps slipping! I swear, I have a good fit for the sandal and there is adequate support (wide straps, ankle straps, etc). I have Scholl's party feet gel inserts for the balls of the feet in, too. But my toes keep sliding and smushing towards the front of the sandals with stockings on, and this makes it much more difficult to walk. Any suggestions?

hi Elswyth, there are mixed opinions regarding sandals and stockings. i love strappy sandals 4in and up and i prefer no stockings but if they make you feel confident, then use stockings. please no toe reinforcement and no dark colors either. from my point of view the shoe makes the feet looks better as well as the feet makes the shoe looks better too, so i would not hide feet and toes behind dark stockings. just negotiate, improve leg look while showing the toes.

I've given up on the stockings and heeled sandals, my feet just smush forward and slide too much in them. :smile: I would love to find a way to get around this, but until then it'll be either bare legs or leggings with my heels.

Stockings with sandals??? No, No, No.... Sandals should be worn barefoot!!!! OK, that settles it!! ha ha, see ya, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I prefer wearing my strappy hh sandals barefoot personally.....I found my feet really slipping around in hose and unlike pumps or boots there is minimal support when this happens. ...not what you need when already teetering in a spiky heel .I also like the sensation of feeling my barefeet making contact w the ground, especially the delicious sound of my spiked metal heels click clacking on pavements and the leather straps brushing against my skin.

My opinion is different. I like stockings. I don't like my foot against bare leather or synthetic materials. Nylons are healthier in that they allow the skin to breathe. In sandals this is not as much of a problem as in pumps and boots, but blisters can easily result if the shoe doesn't fit very well. Nylon keeps the friction from blistering the skin, so I think it's a good idea from a comfort standpoint. As to legs, there aren't many people past 30 who have perfect skin. Age takes its toll and veins and blemishes become apparent. Nylon does a great job of hiding those things and presenting a smooth, finished appearance. I really detest the jarring look of a woman in a business suit or classy dress and bare legs if the legs show uneven coloring, blemishes, veins, and other unsightly appearance. Steve

Well it is kinda sorda like this for me. Just last time I checked I still had a bit of a swelling problem so been wearing compression hose and I love the feeling they give me. So I do wear them together for convenience. Then I do have some heavy duty sandals that would not look good with nylons. Also been thinking about the sort with the strap between the toes and I have a fix for that. This one brand of compression hose has an excess of material in the toes and after one wearing and washing the extra material can be cut out in a diamond shape then turned and sewn back in to make a nice mitten toe. Also there was one posting regarding blemishes on the legs so find a good ink slinger, I already got tatts on three sides of legs. Mostly I guess it depends on what sort of sandals they are. Heavy duty and dirt country, bare foot in sandals and formal evening downtown then kosher pantyhose.

• 1 month later...

I personally like the sight of pretty hosiery with the peep-toes and sandals. The "naked foot" look with them I know is enjoyed by many as it has been expressed at this site. I myself see nothing wrong with nylons and sandals. That's just me.

Yes I'm one of these "many" :wavey: But if it's good combination of clothes, shoes and hosery, it looks nice, too. For example black patend sandals with fine black stockings. And it's important how the the material is made on the front end around the toes

I prefer wearing my strappy hh sandals barefoot personally.....I found my feet really slipping around in hose and unlike pumps or boots there is minimal support when this happens. ...not what you need when already teetering in a spiky heel .I also like the sensation of feeling my barefeet making contact w the ground, especially the delicious sound of my spiked metal heels click clacking on pavements and the leather straps brushing against my skin.

This posting makes me happy! It was in my thoughts, that it could be a great feeling for a lady, when the material of the shoes gets in contact with the naked skin of their feet. I like this description!:)

Have a nice day,... an admirer of beautiful ladies and girls, their shoes and the content of them...

Either sandals or pumps, I really can't appreciate peep-toe shoes with stockings or hosiery.

In other words, if the toenails are visible, hosiery is a bad choice in my opinion.

Fishnets could be the exception, but I find it often gives a quite "slutty" look.

Whenever I wear open-toe sandals, I always wear Slik Reflections open-toe pantyhose. The open-toe pantyhose are actually open in the toe and have a loop that goes over the big toe so that all of your toes are exposed but your still have the comfort and support of pantyhose. These pantyhose are perfect for me because I get bi-weekly pedicures and wear fire engine red toenail polish. These toe-less pantyhose allow me to show-off my pretty pedicure while enjoying the support and feel of wearing pantyhose. I understand that they are also available in knee-highs. Here is the excerpt from the Hanse The Hanes Hosiery Silk Reflections Transparent Sheer Toeless with Breathable Panty 0A937 are your summer hosiery solution! The control top is light enough to keep you cool and comfy, but slims for a smoother, more even appearance throughout your body. The open toe slips between your big toe and second toe--like a flip flop--to stay secure and prevent the hose from rolling or bunching up your leg. Once it slips between your toes, it disappears, so wear with all your strappy and open toed shoes. This summer, go with the Hanes Hosiery Silk Reflections Transparent Sheer Toeless with Breathable Panty 0A937.

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!