???

Beigeboots

Hi all! I'm needing to get my Pleaser thigh high boots re-soled and re-tipped and just need some advice... 1)I know I can re-tip my boots (pull out existing tips, take them to a cobbler of sorts and ask for new ones. Hammer in new heel tips.) Just curious as to what kind of glue should I use, any good ideas from experience? I'm thinking a very thin layer of super glue.... 2) How do take thigh high boots, with stilletto heels, in a size 11 and ask the cobbler to resole them? Any good ideas on ways to approach the cobbler and see if he'll help a male who wears heels without causing emabarrasment to both parties? Cheers

Don't use glue for the heel tips. Pull the use heel tip with a plier out and then tap the new tip in with a small hammer or taping the heel on a hard suffice. If you use glue the next time the heel tip will not come out.

2) How do take thigh high boots, with stilletto heels, in a size 11 and ask the cobbler to resole them? Any good ideas on ways to approach the cobbler and see if he'll help a male who wears heels without causing emabarrasment to both parties?

Cheers

Easy. Go into a repair shop with your boots and tell the cobbler that you need to have them resoled. Nothing more, nothing less. He doesn't need to know the boots are yours and that you wear them, frankly speaking, that's none of his damn business. Trust me, there won't be any embarrassment, I've done that very thing with my own thigh boots when I needed new tips, I simply go into a shop, tell the owner what I need done, period. Why explain something that doesn't need explaining, the only thing the cobbler should care about is doing the work for which you're willing to pay good money to have done. End of story.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hi, Well said Jeff. I agree with this. Just go straight in a get what you need to get done done. Be proud of the fact that they're your boots. Be confident but curteous. I get my high heels repaired all over the place. I often 'steal the thunder' from the issue by wearing another pair of heels when I take shoes in for repair....and I have some pretty girly shoes to take in... and I never have had a bad experience yet. regards Heel-Lover

As everyone said: no embarasement. I went deeper. As I recently bough a pair of Pleasers and they been a bit too tight on me, I went to cobler, told him that I lost a bet to my GF and need them stretched. I bet, even if I didn't told him the last part, he wouldn't care and would just do what I asked. So, take shoes, go to cobler and just ask to re-tip them. Belive us: it is much easier to do it than you imagine yourself. Good luck and don't be shy: if you decided to wear them, then you are doing great. P.S.: even if he'll start chatting who's heels are, don't worry to tell that they are your GF's. There are girls with size 11 feet and I bet they are more shy to re-tip or fix their shoes @ coblers than you are!

I get my high heels repaired all over the place. I often 'steal the thunder' from the issue by wearing another pair of heels when I take shoes in for repair....and I have some pretty girly shoes to take in... and I never have had a bad experience yet.

And I'm guessing you wear a skirt as well. Am I right? :smile:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks for all the advice, I really appriciate it. Like I said I know I can put new tips on, it's the soles that are needing repaired. Some of you are right, just go in and if they're not interested then I'll take my money and business else where. Cheers for that!

I've taken boots in to have them narrowed as they were too wide around my calfs. I wa swearing skinnys, a long sleeved poloneck top & my Hush Puppy Shetland boots & black tights. I had to take the Hush Puppies off, put the others on & they have a 3" heel. One funny look from one of the assistants was all that I got, but he remained professional & did his work. About a week later when I went to collect them I was asked to try them on to see if they fitted, which they did. As others have said, if he is professional he will do the work without embarassing you or himself.

Indeed. I have nothing to add. Just as everyone else has said (or implied) you need no subterfuge, you have no need to tell him that they're your wife's or that you've lost a bet. He probably won't even ask if they're yours. Moreover, it doesn't matter what you're wearing either!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.