Driving in high heels

Jabble

Have you driven in 5" heels or higher?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Have you driven in 5" heels or higher?

• Yes
    • No

I drove in high heels for the first time a few nights ago. It was just over 3.7 miles in my manual-shift truck in my 5.5" Dominas. The clutching to shift was a bit tricky. I stopped in a parking lot and walked around for a little bit. I do not wear heels in public, unless walking around a little in a dark (semi lighted) secluded parking lot counts.

So who has driven in high heels?

Manual-shift or automatic?

How high of heels?

Platform?

How far?

post-30330-133522963846_thumb.jpg

post-30330-133522963862_thumb.jpg

post-30330-133522963878_thumb.jpg

post-30330-133522963898_thumb.jpg

I said No as I'm driving in my 4" Pleaser Vanity 434 any time I'm driving alone or with my GF. No platform. See pic attached. Driving distance is not a problem anymore. Can drive without any discomort or stress as the first time. But lowering my points as it is auto. If I'll get higher heels (5-7") will definitly try driving. Hint to you: wear female sox, it will ease a fit and improve the feeling.

post-34308-133522963914_thumb.jpg

I said No as I'm driving in my 4" Pleaser Vanity 434 any time I'm driving alone or with my GF. No platform. See pic attached.

Driving distance is not a problem anymore. Can drive without any discomort or stress as the first time. But lowering my points as it is auto.

If I'll get higher heels (5-7") will definitly try driving.

Hint to you: wear female sox, it will ease a fit and improve the feeling.

That is still pretty cool. I was thinking about wearing some thin socks, but decided to go bare. However, next time will be with some thin socks.

So who has driven in high heels? I often do, i like driving in heels Manual-shift or automatic? Manual shift How high of heels? 5 - 10 cm Platform? No How far? One day (more than 1000 km) in 6,5 cm heels, three hours in 10 cm (4 inch) Not yet in 5 inch because my highest heels are 4 inch. But i guess i will go higher....

love to watch them on cute girls, love to wear them myself

I drive my 5 speed manual 4x4 pickup all the time in heels. Never could understand what the problem was.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Yes, I've driven my car while wearing the Pleaser "Seduce" five inch heeled pumps. No big deal, but then, I drive an automatic. :smile:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I really like the last pair, the Mary Jane looking ones.

Aldo, 6" Heel, 1 3/4" platform. Bought at Nordstrom's. I like them a lot, but since they are suede, I can only wear them through the winter.......

I have been getting an education on suede, patent, etc. where it corresponds to seasons. Maybe I'll get it pretty soon - or more likely - I won't care and wear them when I want!!!

Glad you liked them.

I drive a manual transmission automobile while wearing 5" stiletto high heels all of the time. I have driven the same car while wearing 6" high heels (no platform) and high heels with platforms. As others have said, once you get used to it, it's no big deal.

I have never gone beyond 3.5". I have a manual transmission and I rarely walk on heels that are much higher than that anyway. I usually do not have any problems with it, but there are some shoes that I think I should not drive with. They have a tendency to make your foot slide sideways which may be bad in emergency. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Have done 6" heel w/ platform, but prefer 4 - 4.5" wedges. The lack of a gap between the heel and the sole area precludes unscheduled cluch releases. Sole of the 6" heel slipped forward on the clutch pedal causing a coupla' moments of excitement. Fearing a similar event on the brake side has kept me in the wedges. Wish I could find a 5 - 6" wedge without having to go custom. Italian Heels wants some serious money for a pair! Was hoping 6ihf in Canada would offer a pair, but no go; stilletos only. If anyone knows of source, please PM me. Thanks, UpBy5

I frequently drive in 5.5" to 6" heels. My favourite remain a classic pump. I have done the 7" to 8" platform heels from time to time. I just don't like the way the heels get scuffed and scratched. One sometime pay a fair amount of money for the heels you love. I have a few pairs only used for driving so that I can still enjoy it. cheers LegzG:smile:

Up by 5, I never drive in anything under 5" so this sparked my interest. For example go to bakersshoes.com and click sandals then wedges and you'll see at least three sandals I personally have which are still available through size 11. They re "RYLAN", "FIONA", and "CARMEN". The first two have approx. 5.5" heels and the "CARMEN" is about 4.75". All three are very stable and all-around cute shoes. The "FIONA" is a slingback which makes it an easy-on and off shoe and is stylish enough for going out upscale. The "CARMEN" is easily one of the most cumfy shoes BAkers has ever sold and their size 10 will fit like an 11 in this particular style which may get some size 12 folks to perk up. The "CARMEN" is the perfect shoe to wear after a pedicure as the straps are criss-scross and allow for maximum exposure of your toes. The black was not available in size 11 though. Their order service is very fast and always uses Fedex ground. Don't pay extra money for shipping--the regular ground is great and you'll have your order within 3-4 days. Try them out or maybe a different site. Then you'll have the 5"+ wedges you seek. HappyinHeels:wavey:

I love to go for a drive in a pair of heels! I usually wear a pair of my shoes or boots with a 6 inch stiletto heel but have also gone for several drives in my silver 7.1 inch stiletto heels. I have never found driving in a pair of heels to be a problem, I think it enhances the whole driving experience!!!

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

Up by 5,

I never drive in anything under 5" so this sparked my interest. For example go to bakersshoes.com and click sandals then wedges and you'll see at least three sandals I personally have which are still available through size 11. They re "RYLAN", "FIONA", and "CARMEN".

Happy in Heels,

Thanks for the quick response. I have one Baker pair which fit really well. Based on your reccomendation, I'll give 'em try again. As I have to have USPS to a P.O. Box, I'll check the site then go to the store and order for delivery there if not in stock. Again, thanks for the tip.

UpBy5

Up by 5, I sure hope you do pay Bakers a visit since their one-on-one service is great no matter a chick or a dude and they seem genuinely happy to see you return. If you order in the store the order will ship to your house and not to the store. They use Fedex throughout the country. You have a store there in Richmond so I'd go there for the personal touch and try on what they have left. Many times individual store will have shoes in sizes not listed on the website or styles removed from the site altogether. That's another reason to go in-person and try them on. A good fit, a good salesgirl, and a good purchase all guaranteed in one. Most store have plenty of clearance sandals and wedges left it is just a matter of which sizes. Tell us how your trip there turns out! If you wear any kind of heel at all then your experience will be that much more enjoyable. HappyinHeels:wavey:

Up by 5,

I sure hope you do pay Bakers a visit since their one-on-one service is great no matter a chick or a dude and they seem genuinely happy to see you return. If you order in the store the order will ship to your house and not to the store. They use Fedex throughout the country. You have a store there in Richmond so I'd go there for the personal touch and try on what they have left. Many times individual store will have shoes in sizes not listed on the website or styles removed from the site altogether. That's another reason to go in-person and try them on. A good fit, a good salesgirl, and a good purchase all guaranteed in one. Most store have plenty of clearance sandals and wedges left it is just a matter of which sizes. Tell us how your trip there turns out! If you wear any kind of heel at all then your experience will be that much more enjoyable.

HappyinHeels:wavey:

I visited bakersshoes.com; very nice looking heels.

I drive a lot in 4" pumps, but never 'dared' to try my 5.5" boots. Untill some time ago when my wife asked me if I could do it. And guess what! It's easier than with the 4" pumps :smile: BTW, it was in an Opel Astra, manual shift

6 months ago I would have said no, but now? Oh yes, lots and lots of times! :smile: I have driven manual gears (never an automatic) in pumps with 10cm stilettos up to 18cm stilettos. The best is 15cm I think. Today I drove with 13-14 cm heels. My girlfriend always wears high heels so she has also driven in heels. Most of the time she wears about 12cm heels, but on occasion she wears 18cm heels as well when we are out. And yes, she can REALLY walk in them :smile:

I drive in heels very often, but rarely in heels over 5". I know I can manage driving in higher heels pretty easily, but if it reduces my ability to control the pedals in an emergency where I need to respond immediately, even if by just a small amount, that is unacceptable... but I have total confidence and it pretty much feels natural driving in heels under 5", so I'll keep right on doing that.

When I had my 8-inch heels (4-inch platforms) before I sold them, I gave them a walk (in public, under jeans) and then a drive. They're not the best to adjust to, as people have said elsewhere on the board, only because of the feeling you lose from your feet while switching pedals and pedaling. I mean, it's one thing to walk in them (and almost still losing that feeling of touching the ground); it's another thing completely to drive in them. To that, I Only recommend to the experienced....and the short, haha. Joking around, of course :smile:

Formally "HHDude"

Greetings all, Driving in heels, I do much of the time except in very cold winter temps. As for height of heel while driving, mostly 4-4.5", since I have few over 5" that does not happen often. In the last couple of years it has been with an Automatic versus standard shift though. It is an amazing feeling to drive a nice sports car with a nice pair of heels on! Mtnsofheels

I have driven cars, pickups and a semi truck with a 13 speed transmission in 5" platform heels. I found the big truck to be hard on the heels causing scuffs on the heel getting in and out. The car, never again will I drive in heels. The seat setting lower caused my leg to cramp a little. The pickup was the easiest to drive easy in and out, also automatic transmission.

My usual heeling shoes range between 2" and 4". While driving, however, it's pretty much whimsy, so I've a pair of 5-1/2" heels that I'm fond of sliding into before longer trips. I enjoy pumping gas in them while well away from home.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 2 weeks later...