Driving in high heels

Jabble

Have you driven in 5" heels or higher?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Have you driven in 5" heels or higher?

• Yes
    • No

Hi all, Doesn't anyone find that you shoes get marked, the heels get slightly scuffed, or the carpets/mats leave marks on you shoes...esp. with lighter colours/ finer materials? I don't drive in higher heels any more because I have numerous pairs that have sustained some markings that I couldn't clean off or repair. Normal wear and tear usually only wears the heel and sole, but this was damaging the rest of the shoe up and around the backs of my heels. I can drive in any heels if I needed to (I used to) but I always carry scrunchy flats that I change in to for driving if I am in higher heeled shoes, lower heels I often don't bother changing. Cheers Heel-Lover

Hi all,

Doesn't anyone find that you shoes get marked, the heels get slightly scuffed, or the carpets/mats leave marks on you shoes...esp. with lighter colours/ finer materials?

Exactly! I drive a standard shift mostly. I find that all my shoes without exception have some scuffing after driving. But, I enjoy the experience never the less. I carry some keds or flats if the heels I'm wearing are my more expensive ones and I don't want them scuffed.

all last summer I wanted to take a road trip with my 90 vette with the top down and high heels. So after finding this site I am going to do it. and depending on where I need gas and food might not chage shoes but being in the midwest 5" sandals with shorts might be more than i have courage for driving yes walking in 5" maybee

I don't know if this counts, but I drive in simulators and games on my PC one of which is http://www.omnibussimulator.de/e-simulator.htm and I have a Logitech G25 game wheel (http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=project%20szczecin%20omsi&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCUQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DXHYhQu4Pnho&ei=PuT8Tq-iHsWK8gOq1cmBDA&usg=AFQjCNGsq8Ykd-2f5FtWsk4N73XThXPm3w&cad=rja)(http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/441/131) , which has a mini gearstick (stick shift) and three lifesized pedals. Anyway, I spent most of today (about 3 hours) driving a manual gearbox bus around a fictional South American tropical city, and a representation of Szczecin in Poland (http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=project%20szczecin%20omsi&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCUQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DXHYhQu4Pnho&ei=PuT8Tq-iHsWK8gOq1cmBDA&usg=AFQjCNGsq8Ykd-2f5FtWsk4N73XThXPm3w&cad=rja). I was wearing my new OMANO boots http://www.flickr.com/photos/leylandlynx, which I finally managed to stretch by sleeping in them all last night (I am going to sleep in them again tonight). They have 4" heels and the foot slipping off the clutch pedal was the only difficulty, other wise I speed along happily as usual. Lord willing, I will try racing in one of the Need For Speed games tomorrow (I have Shift and The Run), or maybe TDU2. I also played Euro Truck Simulator, but that only requires use of the left foot, lol. Sorry if I am boring you with my game-filled life!! :silly::smile::P:wave: :smile:

Edit: One more thing...I can hardly walk in these boots as the left boot is too tight, I hope it will stretch out so I can wear these out, but I couldn't even walk two steps in them today after I managed to pull the zipper on the left one up. (I could walk O.K. when the left wasn't zipped, but it felt like it would fall off or twist my ankle ;)) Any tips for stretching them? Wrong thread I know... :wave: Or does anyone know where I might get 4 to 6 inch heels in UK11 in a shop (not online - fed up with long waiting times/WYSINWYG) in Scotland preferably!!

I don't know if this counts, but I drive in simulators and games on my PC one of which is http://www.omnibussimulator.de/e-simulator.htm........

Very interesting! I did not know that a simulator specific for buses existed.

OK, it may not be real driving, but you have your high heels on the pedals so in a way it counts.

About stretching your boots, in case they are made of real leather you may be able to stretch them by wearing them. Otherwise a shoemaker may be able to do it. With synthetic materials the chances are less good I guess.

love to watch them on cute girls, love to wear them myself

About stretching your boots, in case they are made of real leather you may be able to stretch them by wearing them. Otherwise a shoemaker may be able to do it. With synthetic materials the chances are less good I guess.

Thanks, I finally managed to stretch them buy sleeping in them last night, and walked out in them today! :smile:

I went and shopped in Tesco and carried shopping up to the 2nd floor (3rd floor in US terms :wave:) while wearing the boots, so as I thought before it was a matter of fit not heel height that stopped me wearing them before.

leyland1, I suppose you use what you have available to you but, for my money, nothing beats the real thing. Given playing American football on "Madden" or playing the real thing I'll take the real thing. If given the choice between a simulator or driving in a real tropical South American city I'll take the real thing and most recently did in November of 2010. How else can you sample the competing aromas of car exhaust and delicious food filling the air? Even though you're young you'll find that life is really short and you should fill it with as many real experiences as possible. In the meantime you use your simulator until you can do the real thing. HappyinHeels

I won't - I love my heels & I love to have full & total control of the car. I have walked out of a fatal road smash, not nice. A female friend of mine smashed her neighbour's car cos of her heels (luckily @ 10mph). That put her off heels, but not driving! If you really must, find a quiet road out of town & away from kids. As my friend said when she hit her neighbour's car, 'it could've been a kid'. The neighbour was really cool about it, I guess he wasn't gonna shout too much when confronted with a sobbing blonde wearing black patent platform stilettoes! I'm all for killer heels, not killer drivers! Plus travelling in cars with heels can really mess with them!

I'm hoping that someone will take a minute and explain to me why they have trouble driving while wearing heels. I have done this as long as I've been driving and had my own heels, and I've never once had any type of problem, be it stick shift or automatic trans. Now I'm not talking platforms, which I can see being somewhat of a problem due to the thicker part of the shoe under the ball of the foot. There is no way to really be able to feel where the bottom of the shoe is in that case. Even then, I've driven in a shoe with a 1/2 inch or so platform and not had any issues. But a typical single thickness sole shoe with a heel, I am fine with. Perhaps I drive, as taught, with the ball of my foot operating the pedals, not the arch area or any part of the heel. That is how I was taught to drive or so many years ago in driver's education classes. If you drive that way, even in flat shoes you need to have a bit of arch to the foot so that the proper portion of the forefoot touches the pedals. With a higher heel, I might have a minor issue trying to push the gas pedal, as at times the heel may prevent the forefoot from moving forward to a great extent, but that is a minor adjustment to make. Please help me understand what issues you have when you say that drving in heels is a problem.

I have been driving in all types of high heels ( Platform stillettos) up to 5" and do not find it difficult at all. I drive a Ford hatch manual and do not have any difficulties in changing gears or using the gas pedals.

I've never had any issues driving in heels. Even with platforms (up to maybe 1½") I don't think I lose any feel or touch for the pedals, the only issue with them is banging my knees under the dashboard because of the extra length. With any heels I always pivot my foot on the heel tip but never let the back of the shoe touch the floor, so (a) I don't scuff my shoes, and (:smile: I always feel in control of the gas pedal. Of course for the brakes I always lift my whole foot off the ground and plant the ball of my foot solidly on the brake pedal, and that's the same regardless if I'm wearing heels or flats. I've occasionally even driven in high-heeled mules (worn barefoot in the summer) and that's never raised any safety concerns. I think the dangers are more to do with sloppy driving habits and not the height of the heels (if anything I think to drive in flat flip-flops would be far more dangerous). But if you don't feel safe driving in heels then it probably isn't safe so don't drive in heels.

If you like it, wear it.

A few years ago I tried driving a standard car with a pair of high heeled sandals (5”) and it wasn’t a success, I had to stop after a few minutes to remove them, just couldn’t shift gear fast enough. I tried with the same shoes again but with an automatic and it was interesting. But it does require lots of patience and practice.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never had a problem driving in any heels, I regularly wear my favourite 5" black patent stillettos with a 1/2" platform with no bother at all. It feels great driving in them knowing that nobody knows what I've got on my feet! Tho I will say I'm not ashamed of my heels and often go for a walk round the block in them (not quite got to the stage of trying them on instore yet!)

I really like the last pair, what are they?, THey are very nice!

I apologize for the delay in responding, I have been in a snit over the admin removing a photo and not bothering to tell me why - even after repeated attempts to find out.....

Makes you not want to play anymore.

The Mary Janes in question (I like them too) are "Flavell" by Aldo. I got them at Nordstroms, they run about a half size small (I don't care) and they are VERY comfortable and easy to walk in. I have to keep looking at them to make sure they have as high a heel as I remember. One of my better purchases.

A couple more photos if you care......

post-31243-133522970874_thumb.jpg

post-31243-133522970892_thumb.jpg

post-31243-133522970913_thumb.jpg

post-31243-133522970933_thumb.jpg

post-31243-133522970957_thumb.jpg

I apologize for the delay in responding, I have been in a snit over the admin removing a photo and not bothering to tell me why - even after repeated attempts to find out.

Read this. Your answer is very likely to be found here.

http://www.hhplace.org/technical_support_requests_proposals/14448-galleries.html

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Read this. Your answer is very likely to be found here.

http://www.hhplace.org/technical_support_requests_proposals/14448-galleries.html

Thanks Shafted, I had actually read all of that when I asked. Tech is actually the admin who deleted the photo with no explanation and refuses to respond to a personal message to ask what rule I broke.

I have read EVERY rule I can find and it just seems like the catch-all is "I will delete whatever I don't like".

Kind of hard to follow that rule.........

To stay on thread, I have purchased some new boots for work and will have driving pictures of them shortly.

Thanks Shafted, I had actually read all of that when I asked. Tech is actually the admin who deleted the photo with no explanation and refuses to respond to a personal message to ask what rule I broke.

I have read EVERY rule I can find and it just seems like the catch-all is "I will delete whatever I don't like".

Kind of hard to follow that rule.........

To stay on thread, I have purchased some new boots for work and will have driving pictures of them shortly.

#1. What makes you think I deleted your gallery or pictures? I'm not the only admin here, and am spending all of my spare time sorting out the new software for this place..

#2. I dont get personal messages from members, there just isnt enough hours in the day, so I switched them off, and you will have seen that if you tried to send me a PM, it tells you I have disabled incoming PM's.

#3. Your description of the rule is bonkers.... If you seriously think its like that, then your very much mistaken, much like filling a gallery with pictures of feet, or anything else already mentioned in the thread given.

All sorts of things get deleted, endless pictures of peoples ankles, guys dressing as women, etc etc... But, as sendra45 points out, there is not enough hours in the day to send everybody messages to tell them all...

Just like the 40 emails a day I get asking "My account is in a queue awaiting moderation, what do I do now?" and the other 20 EVERY DAY who tell me they forgot their password, can I email them a new one...

This is why I am sorting out the new software, to hopefully clear up a LOT of the confusion the current software cannot address.

Starting to wonder why I bother.....

Lookng at the gallery now, I can however see at least 3 galleries that are heading for the dustbin...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

#1. What makes you think I deleted your gallery or pictures? I'm not the only admin here, and am spending all of my spare time sorting out the new software for this place..

#2. I dont get personal messages from members, there just isnt enough hours in the day, so I switched them off, and you will have seen that if you tried to send me a PM, it tells you I have disabled incoming PM's.

#3. Your description of the rule is bonkers.... If you seriously think its like that, then your very much mistaken, much like filling a gallery with pictures of feet, or anything else already mentioned in the thread given.

Starting to wonder why I bother.....

#1 - This was my clue - see attached.

#2 - It did not tell me that, but the sent message is gone........

#3 - I only wish to follow the rules and was curious which one(s) I had broken? I have yet to find an answer, so how will I know not to "offend" again?

I DO understand your dilemma, ungrateful customers and the like. I was not meaning any offense, but if you try and see my side of it maybe you can understand MY frustration as well.

post-31243-13352297098_thumb.jpg

When pictures or galleries get deleted, no trace of it is left behind. There is no "Edited by...." because its gone... That line is often there if images may have been resized and re-attached, as sometimes pictures are toooo big, or need some other edit. Rare, but does happen...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!