Diary Threads?

Dr. Shoe

I have noticed that there seem to be a lot of "Diary Threads" about on this site. What I'm talking about is the sort of stuff that would go better in a blog rather than clogging up the boards. You know the sort of stuff, "The Adventures of..." or "...'s heeling outings" etc.

It's not that it's a problem per se it's just that as moderators we are expected to look at every post and it all starts to get a bit "samey" after a while.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

How would that be handled Dr. Shoe? Some of the older ones actually predate blogging capabilities. Is there a way to migrate forum data to a blog? Perhaps a definite cutoff date for new personal journal threads after which they must be posted to blogs or risk deletion.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I agree with walkonit, I much prefer the way these "diaries" appears through the forum. This way, each update (including new comments) to any "diary/blog" make it bump on top of the forum. And there is a lot more interactivity than on blogs, where nobody read the comments, and where only a very few comments are published. Also it is far more an "equal" discussion between the "threader/blogger" and others, because all replies and publications have the same typology. Maybe this is an innovative way of publishing blogs on the same topic ! My 2 cents Thanks for the moderators job anyway.

I think someone commented that they were having problems with the site for blogging hence they started here on the main forum. Acknowleding the extra work envolved many thanks to the team. I personally didn't find it easy or positive on the single blog I did and would prefer a diary system on a forum. Comments please Al

It's not that it's a problem per se it's just that as moderators we are expected to look at every post and it all starts to get a bit "samey" after a while.

As site moderators, do you not have to look at every blog post too, plus their replies? Where ever the diary posts go, I'm happy to continue posting, though they'll still have to be read and checked by someone won't they?

Maybe these diary threads could have their own forum section.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

The software were converting to has a much better blogging interface, and layout too... I didnt actually know anybody had even used the blogs until I just checked now and see we have 73 members blogging with over 150 blog posts.... I think it might be best we wait until the new software is in place, and settled then it might be worth reviewing it... Essentially, Doc is right, these lengthy, ongoing "all about me" kind of threads would be better in a blog style... Nothing to stop you still discussing it in the forums, but it then keeps the content organised and readable for others, and the writer..

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I didn't mean that they should be banned and also I've got nothing at all against the "first time out" threads or posts because, yes, Walkonit's right, it is an important rite of passage in your evolving "heeled life" and an encouragement for others. I was talking about where someone would post that they went out to fill the car up with gas (Most of these diarists seem to be American) and then went to the "Home Depot". Then a day or so later they talk about how they wore their 5" oxfords to a friend's house. Then a day or so later they'd continue about how they go about their everyday life in heels. I'm not actually against this at all but on many forums these kinds of people would most likely be steered towards blogs page.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

OK, blame it on the Americans......... They can't even talk english good..... ha ha.... sf (Now don't everybody get all riled up - I was just kiddin'.....)

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

JeffB and I seem to frequent a lot of the same locations when we are out and about so there is some similarity in the outing we describe. I don't have too much opportunity to branch out too much farther than the venues I frequent but as I discover new ones I have included them in my posts. I think the interactions and non-interactions we have with people provide a running reference to the changing attitudes of people towards guys wearing heels (and other stuff).

My observation is that most new members don't read through all the threads, rather they just review recent posts. I think it is a valuable resource for the forum to have recent posts from heelers readily available to new readers. I have also gotten positive feedback from some long time members. ). I appreciate that several posts saying I went to zvbdxrl's wearing thigh boots and no one paid any attention are a little boring to seasoned heelers but might be a revelation to new readers.

I have thought about making blog entries but I'm not sure they would get the readership the threads do. I also am encouraged to post an adventure when the "Thigh Boots in Public" thread works its way down to the middle of the second menu page. After all why bother to post something if no one reads it?

As for splitting the forum into long and short threads… I'll have to think about that one. I like the attention the board provides for new posts (moving them to the top of the menu page) and am concerned about losing that notoriety (especially to new readers). If the "blog (long thread)" section was as convenient as the "For the Guys/Gals" sections are, it might work.

As for the moderators having to read through posts that are similar…

• First, thanks for the good work. Posting here and reading others posts has always been a pleasure. I appreciate the hard work of keeping this forum as good as it is.
  • Second, I'll try to make mine more interesting. :smile:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I appreciate that several posts saying I went to zvbdxrl's wearing thigh boots and no one paid any attention are a little boring to seasoned heelers but might be a revelation to new readers.

Hey, TBG! I didn't know you knew zvbdxrl too! I was just over at her place the other day and sure enough, no one paid any attention...:smile:

All seriousness aside, you have nothing for which to apologize. Your posts are interesting, well-written, with just the right amount of detail, and I enjoy finding your typos.:smile: Just kidding! Keep up the good work! You're a leader here and an inspiration to us all.

Steve

All of the "diary threads" are inspirational to me and even the longer, more detailed threads I enjoy reading and find interesting. And as I have told some of the "veterens" here at HHP, these threads have given me ideas on new places to go wearing high heels.