Encouragement to shave legs

hh_pe

I’ve noticed that on some threads, guys mention they would like to shave their legs, but are reluctant to do it for a variety of reasons. I figured I would use this thread as an opportunity to help myself meet my goal of maintaining smooth legs until at least February, but also to help those who are on the fence about shaving see it isn’t as big of an ordeal as one might think. I admit I’m a “winter shaver” since the majority of our community knows me with hairy legs. In the past, I would shave only to let everything go within a week. The longest I think I ever got was about two weeks. This time, with the support of my wife and from reading several threads on this site, I am hoping to keep my legs hair free until February. Why February? There is no real reason other than it is about three months away.

To help encourage others, I figure I will periodically post updates on what it takes to maintain smooth legs. I started on this journey Monday night (Nov. 21st) by removing the majority of the hair using a Norelco Body Groom electric razor. It took me about 30 minutes to completely shave both legs from toes to hips. The electric razor did leave a small stubble, but the sense of touch on my legs was amazing. I work in a conservative office where a coat and tie are standard. The feeling of the silk lining of my suit pants was amazing. On Tuesday night, I used a regular razor with shaving cream to remove the remaining stubble. Because I didn’t want to cut myself, I took my time working in small patches up each leg making sure I got everything. I would say I took about 45 minutes to do this. My wife recommended I rub moisturizing cream on my legs after showering, which I did, and I had no signs of “razor burn” on my legs. My wife was impressed with what a great job I did.

With the attached photos, you can see I don’t have the hairiest of legs, but enough to probably require some type of every other day maintenance. I guess that will be the subject of the next update. One interesting observation I had forgotten about is now much hair can cover old scars. Found a few that I forgot were there.

post-22620-133522963109_thumb.jpg

post-22620-13352296313_thumb.jpg

I find it almost gross to think of a nice pair of shoes with hair around. Boots are one thing but whenever the skin is visible it should be smooth and hairless. When the designer created those shoes he surely didn't imagine hair coming out of them. I started shaving my body years ago, all of it, and it never caused an issue with any GF or lover. A few friends, mostly at the swimming pool asked why and my answer was that i prefer it this way. Another good reason to shave is that you can enjoy a nice pair of stockings with your heels. It hitches if you have hair and ruins the whole experience. Some years back I bought an epilator. Let me tell you it hurts like hell and that it's not true that the second time it's better! On the other hand, it's very effective. Hair grows back but much less. Nowadays it can happen that i don't shave for a few days but even then I only have much less hair than I used to.

I'm looking forward to following this thread over the coming months. I'd shave my legs tonight, if only I knew that my wife wouldn't immediately start bouncing off the walls. I honestly believe she's "on the look out" for any sign that I'm wearing heels again and shaving my legs would be the first. In a different life, I'd have been shaving since I left highschool... Chris

I'm looking forward to following this thread over the coming months.

I'd shave my legs tonight, if only I knew that my wife wouldn't immediately start bouncing off the walls. I honestly believe she's "on the look out" for any sign that I'm wearing heels again and shaving my legs would be the first.

In a different life, I'd have been shaving since I left highschool...

Chris

If you shaved your head, would it mean you've been wearing a hat? I love the picture in my mind of your wife bouncing off the walls. Mine hits the roof, but perhaps you've got different customs in your part of the country.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

I find it almost gross to think of a nice pair of shoes with hair around. Boots are one thing but whenever the skin is visible it should be smooth and hairless. When the designer created those shoes he surely didn't imagine hair coming out of them.

Totally agreed.

Some years back I bought an epilator. Let me tell you it hurts like hell and that it's not true that the second time it's better! On the other hand, it's very effective. Hair grows back but much less. Nowadays it can happen that i don't shave for a few days but even then I only have much less hair than I used to.

Epilation by sugaring (see my post above) done by a professional person is still a little bit hurting, but he/she knowns some tricks to reduce the pain. And the result is worth it.

Regards

Dirk

I shave my legs and agree that it certainly makes the footwear look better. Plus the smooth feeling described above is wonderful, and great for nylons. My GF noticed quickly, but I explained that I do it for my cycling, which is also true. It is not for the aerodynamics that some claim, but in case of a nasty spill, cleaning the road rash is much easier without body hair matted in. I ride quite a bit, but pray I never have to clean the RR. Also, serious swimmers shave their body hair, but I believe that is for streamlining in the water. Food for thought if you need an alternate reason.:smile:

Hi All, Nice topic and a recurring one. I see it this way; it is, after all, your body, not your partner's or the neighbor's or that nosy dude at the office. Please check the level of your testicular fortitude if really grappling with this question. What bogeyman are you awaiting to jump out and chastise you? If this is something you want to do then just do it! It is true very many cyclists and swimmers do shave their bodies but why do you need a reason to justify to others?? I used swimming as an alternate form of conditioning when playing football in high school and shaved my body then and nobody said jack to me. I shave my legs and moisturize them all year and keep me toes polished because I simply like it better. My wife of 26 years has known it all along and loves me no less because of it. Genuine love would never be conditioned by a loss of body hair or a spot of paint. If you are looking for encouragement then look no further than the members here. HappyinHeels:wavey:

Completely agree with and second what HappyinHeels said above! I've been shaving my legs since I was 16 and in high school, so a little over 10 years. Honestly, I've never been given grief over it. There was one point about a year ago when a female friend of ours noticed my shaved legs and asked, "Why would you do that (shave your legs) if you don't have to?" I simply responded that I preferred them to be shaved. My wife then jumped in and added, "Well it's also uncomfortable to wear tights without shaving." The woman replied, "Oh, okay." and that was that. It's never really been a big deal. That being said, while I love having smooth legs, I do hate shaving. Go figure.

It's a chore for sure, but it is so worth it.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I've been epilating for over 10 years, and while it takes longer to do (about 45 minutes), I only have to do it every 10-14 days. The advantage is that not only are my legs maintenance free for that time (versus shaving every other day), but the skin is much cleaner looking without the dark hair roots showing after shaving, the skin feels much smoother without stubble growing back the next day, and the hair that does grow back is much finer and not stiff like stubble because it's new growth. I admit that it hurt the first time. The application of ice helped (probably some Jack Daniels with the ice would have done better!), but it hardly hurt at all the second time and there was absolutely no pain after that. I actually look forward to the experience now because the epilator is also a massager. I make sure that I wash my legs well with soap in a hot shower before, in order to get all the skin oil off all the hairs, so that the epilator will grab them well. I exfoliate to get rid of dead skin, too. Then I dry my legs thoroughly, and the epilator efficiently plucks out the hairs. I have used Emjoi, Braun, and Panasonic epilators. I like Panasonic best, but they all worked. I say go for it, if you're considering epilation. I'm glad I do it. My wife liked my legs hairy and was sorry to see me hairless at first, but realizes I'm much happier now and as we often like to rub legs to relax, she's ok with me hairless. Steve

I shave my legs and agree that it certainly makes the legs look better. Plus the smooth feminine feeling is gorgeous with stockings or pantyhose when heeling. I use both the Epilator and shave plus using "Aveeno" for a fabulous smooth skin, it's a moisturizing lotion that helps you shave less often.

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

Hi All, I would recommend going down the hairless path. I prefer the hairless feel. It felt weird to start with, but now I am used to it I would never go back. I don't get any flack for it. I have shaved, use creams and epilated. I still have my epilator but I have decided for time and convenience to go and get my legs waxed becuase its far quicker and a better end result than epilating as well. I use my epilator to touch up any areas as required. Waxing and/or epilating are so much better than shaving because the hair regrowth gets finer and paler, which in turn is less noticeable and pulls out easier etc etc.. It gets progressively easier the more you wax/ epilate. I wear skirts with heels and often want/need to show some leg (depending on the skirt hemline!) so I put a lot of effort into my legs. Heels look good, but good heels on groomed legs looks better. I never compromise on my legs if I want to be seen in heels. Sounds a little crazy coming from a guy but I think it part of wearing heels. Just my thoughts. Cheers Heel-Lover

I have been waxing for years. A couple months back I needed a wax and my therapist at the salon was off sick. I decided to shave, yuck! The next wax was a lot soarer too! A couple paracetamol tables help half hour before a wax. Do full leg and chest/stomach every 3 weeks.

As many here have said, yes it is a chore, you must decide on the best method that suits you, but all and all, when you wear any kind of hosiery, it is definitely more comfortable with smooth, hairless legs. And needless to say, it looks better, too.

UPDATE So it has been one week now, and a very interesting one at that. Thanksgiving morning is the first day my young kids noticed. They stated my legs were "different". By Friday, it didn't seem to phase them anymore. I did a quick shaved that Friday evening using a Schick Intuition razor. The wife said I was beginning to get a little stubble that she didn't like the feeling of. After taking care of that, we headed out for a well needed parents night out. I wore tights under my pants and it was a great feeling and I enjoyed not having to always be pulling them up. I didn't wear any heels. During our diner, I mentioned some of the comments others have made, and she suggested we try waxing, together. I'm still not sure if she is serious or joking. Anyway, we both want to do the lazer hair removal, but time and more importantly, money is something we don't have right now. I mentioned getting an epilator. She's investigating it. This morning is where it gets better. Enjoying my new found freedom, I figured I would take a chance and wear heels to the office today. I had to be in at 5:00 am for a conference call with some consultants who are on the east coast and no one is typically in at that hour. I drove to the office wearing black tights, the heels shown at the beginning of this thread and a dark blue suit. In a bag I had my regular dress shoes to change into should anyone be there. When I got to the parking lot, no other cars were there. I'm thinking this is great, both from the feeling of walking in heels with tights, but the fact no one will see me. I walk to the main door, enter my code, enter the lobby. Our office is part of a bigger two story office building. My heels started echoing off of the tile floor, but I figure there isn't anyone else in the building, so no big deal. For fun, I use the stairs and not the elevator. At the landing, I turn right and head down the hall to our office which is about 100 feet away. About half way between the landing and our office are the restrooms for the floor. As I get to our office door and take the keys out, a woman exits from the ladies room. She takes a quick look my way, waves hi and turns to walk the other way. I don't think she noticed my heels based on how casual she was. Regardless, my heart was up in my throat the second that door started to open. After she turned, I quickly entered our office. Seeing that no one was there, I kept the heels on during the conference call, and then changed to my regular shoes with it got close to the normal start time for everyone else. I'm hoping the consultants call for an other early morning conference call again. Given it is a week since I first shaved, I guess I'm half way to beating my old record of two weeks. So far, so good. Until the next update. :smile:

IDk I guess it's just me but I really don't see how come some guys have such a difficult time with doing things outside of what is considered normal for a man. There are so many guys I know that shave body hair because they want to. It's kind of like a women what tells her she has to shave? Is it society or something else? To me would it bother me if my better half did not want to shave? Nope it's her body and she is free to do with it as she pleases! For me I don't shave because I wear heels,hose, & skirts I shave because I can not stand the look of leg hair. For me with leg hair I look like an ape! I also shave my underarms because I found that deoderant does not work as well when it can't come in contact with the skin. I guess my rant is more a long the lines of one thing. Until we men step up to the plate and say look who are you to tell me what kind of clothing I am suppose to wear or what type of shoes I'm suppose to wear or what I'm suppose to do with my body will we ever truely be free to just be are selfs. Does it make us any less of a man because we decied to be different from other men? Nope it just makes us different! PS Sorry if I offend anyone just trying to make a point!

I shaved my legs for a year or two, but I did eventually get tired of doing it. That said, I did really enjoy the feeling of freshly shaved legs, especially with tights. I do occasionally toy with the idea of going back to it, but my wife likes me hairy.

I have been a seasonal bare-legged guy for a few years now (as mentioned in other threads). I do bare legs about 8 months of the year, then keep my leg hair well groomed during shorts season. This year, I finally just went for it and wore shorts with bare legs for about the last half of summer. Surprisingly (only to me I suppose), most people didn't seem to care or notice. I got a few 'looks' from people at work, but no comments. I think my co-workers pretty much expect the unexpected from me now. I still won't do heels (beyond 2.5") at work, but I do push the boundaries in many ways (women's jeans / shorts and often androgynous footwear, etc).

Oh most definatly shave your legs! I've been shaving my legs since I was 17 and haven't looked back. I love the feeling of panthose/nylons on freshly shavin legs and not only that, my feet and legs look better while wearing high heels. I do remember the first time I shaved my legs though, I was 17 and living at home with my parents I was so scared that they would catch me so I waited to do it late at night, being a novice at it I didn't know how to correctly do it so I shaved my legs in my room with a razor and no shaving cream (dry) Oh my God, every pore on my legs started to bleed, when I was done I put on a pair of jeans until the bleeding stopped. I had to wash the jeans later when no one would find out, they were soaked with blood. So Might I recommend use shaving cream and shave them in the shower or tub.

I shave everything (EVERYTHING) from the neck down - except my arms, every few days. I wouldn't have it any other way, the smoothness is addictive, and there are parts of it that are intriguing to the opposite sex (at least in my case). Takes a lot of lotion though :smile::smile::smile:

Yup, me to. When i wear a miniskirt (always with heels) i do have to shave the legs. I think it looks much, much better. The feeling of freshley shaved legs in bed is very exciting to. My former and current girlfriends encourage me to shave my legs (and wear miniskirts for that matter, but thats a different story).

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

Shaving definitely gives a good look but I can understand if a particularly hairy guy doesn't want to keep it up; it can't be easy. I have been bare legged (in the hairy sense) for about 12 years now but for me it's easy; there never was much hair in the first place! I get few, if any, reactions and have got to the point where I forget about the issue altogether. Nobody really cares, and if someone does press the question, I respond "I've evolved! I'm further removed from the apes than you are!". That usually gets a few laughs.