Any physical stores that carry 5 inch heels?

Hello all, I was just wondering if anyone knows of physical (for lack of a better term) stores that carry 5 inch heels, specifically in the United States? I am finding them only online in specialty/fetish websites and I would really like to get a feel for this type of heel by seeing it up close. My suspicion is that only high end stores would carry them, although I hope I am wrong. Any help is appreciated, even if it is outside of the U.S.--who knows, I may just wander far enough to make a stop! :smile:

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net

I think there are plenty, but unfortunately most such shoes come with a thick platform, which in my view defeats the object. No doubt some of your compatriots will come up with suggestions of where you can try them on, but the USA is rather a big place!

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

I can say that I have been to most of the major stores here in Florida and the only places you will find a true 5 inch heal on a shoe with no platform is in the big stores like Macys or Neiman Marcus. Even then you will never see anything higher then 5 inch. Bring something with you that is 5 inches because the people that work there will not know heel hights on the shoes. They will call a 3 inch a 2 inch and a 5 inch a 3 or 4 inch. Good luck..

Macy's, Nordstroms, Neiman-Marcus, Bakers, Payless, DSW. All have websites that you can research shoes selections. Then, if you find something, you can check online (or call) if it's available at a local brick & mortor store. [Victoria Secret has a big shoe selection, but not sure if they are carried in the store.] As mentioned above, if you need a more extreme size (< 6, > 10), or want 5" heels w/o platform, the selection goes way down. If you have any local stores that carry 'clubwear', that can tend to be a codeword that they cater to dancers. There's a chance they could have 5" heels there, but likely with platforms.

Why not find an online seller that offers returns and buy a pair?...

endless.com offers 1 yr return and free returns shipping. Nordstrom has an indefinite return period (as long as not worn).

If receiving packags is an issue, Payless does ship to store.

endless.com offers 1 yr return and free returns shipping. Nordstrom has an indefinite return period (as long as not worn).

If receiving packags is an issue, Payless does ship to store.

Echoing JWhite44 on the Endless.Com suggestion. I use them regularly and with great success. No questions on returns. I usually order two pair at a time. They ship to my Post Office box (smallest one is $44/year here). No front porch disappearances or prying eyes. As they ship in sturdy corrogated board boxes, just peel off the delivery labels and tape on the return label emailed to you when the return is authorized. If I keep both pair (not often) all the boxes go in the recycle. If one pair goes back, I include the empty box from the pair I keep & mark it "packing material only" with a Postit note. If you return with UPS label they provide, the shipping is free. All you need is a roll of clear, 2" shipping tape. Hard to beat. I'm sure Nordstrom is similar; I've never tried them, but will give 'em a shot based on JWhite's suggestion.

UPBy5

You might check to see if there are any Exotic Boutiques in your area. many of those carry ellie or pleaser high heels with a full five inch stiletto high heel and no platform.

I bought my first pair of 5" Ellie's at an exotic boutique. Tried them on and checked out the rest of the shop just to get a feel for them. Bought a second pair of Pleaser's later on. One shop had 5" heels up through a size 14, but most carry up to size 10. One shop/chain only carries up to size 9. Too bad because they had a nice pair of Highest Heels in a red that I was interested, but they wouldn't consider ordering in.

• 1 month later...

No problem there Costa Mesa Calif is in the USA and on Baker street is a place that has them on the shelf. But better than that is a place on Euclid street in Garden Grove that has the entire line of Pleaser shoes but they must be ordered from the warehouse while I know that sounds just as bad as ordering on line the good part is that when I order and try them on at the store and they do not fit there is no sale so no return just no buy.

May I please expand the conversation? I too am interetsted in finding stores but I am also interested in finding stilleto pumps with very pointed toes. I'm having trouble even on line. 5 inch heel is sufficient - not much higher. I have little use for platforms - I agree thery defeat the purpose of the higher heel.

• 1 month later...

May I please expand the conversation? I too am interetsted in finding stores but I am also interested in finding stilleto pumps with very pointed toes. I'm having trouble even on line. 5 inch heel is sufficient - not much higher. I have little use for platforms - I agree thery defeat the purpose of the higher heel.

Only just seen your request, ricky, but, if you are still interested, I suggest you view the Rosa Shoes range: http://www.rosashoes.com/