Heeling with bluejay

bluejay

Pretty darn cool, bluejay! A nice, casual outfit you could wear anywhere and fit in nicely. And isn't it great when you get compliments on what you wear? Well done, my friend.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 1 month later...

Hi fellow heelers,

Just a short post and pics , of my heeling events on, Sunday.

Sunday, morning ensemble consisted of, off white (Winter white) Dockers, golf pants, red camp shirt. my red patent Aerosoles, "Tapestry" pumps, with 3-1/2" stacked heels, black, knee-hi, hosiery and carried my Anne Klein red bag. I did get a couple of looking good comments on my shopping stops.

Sunday, afternoon, I wore my new, "Hue", leopard print leggings, brown camp shirt, with my Franko Sarto, "Nolan", brown loafer pumps, 3-1/2" stacked heels, gentle brown, knee-hi's hosiery and carried my, brown, "Relic" bag.

I did get a couple of stares walking in the mall, to the Macy's store.

In the shoe dept', the young woman clerk, really liked my look. She's a big animal print fan and wears lots those styles. She calls it her, "cheetah style". She has seen me wearing heels many times, as she is a favorite clerk, who has no problems helping men, buying heels.

I took her suggestion to look at the clearance rack. She added several new styles a couple days ago. I found a pair of Nine West, multi color peep toe pumps, with a 4" thin heel, (not stiletto), in my size. I tried them on. They fit fine as I walked about in them. The color is a bit loud, but I will wear them with black dress pants and a variety of colored tops. They were originally, $89.99, with all the extra discounts, I got them for less than $20.00. Not bad for a pair of Nine West pumps. I will post a pic of them when I get a chance.

Sunday evening, I went to a family birthday party wearing, string colored Dockers, pants, purple Izod polo shirt, with my new Easy Spirit, "Traveler", sneaker clogs in purple, that I recently bought from Macy's also. Those shoes are not really heels, but are women's shoes.

I did get a couple of compliments from family members on my purple ensemble. My sister says, "that I wear great color combinations and really stand out). I didn't  carry a bag, as I'm still looking for the right purple bag, to purchase, to wear with my purple ensembles. No pics of my evening, purple ensemble.

I had a great time heeling, Sunday!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

post-2962-0-74067300-1380177110_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-95640700-1380177140_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-15125900-1380177174_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-53057800-1380177205_thumb.jp

Wow, bluejay! Those leggings were incredible! And you certainly wore them well! Bravo to you, my friend!

Thanks, JeffB. The sales associate at Macy's that sold me the  leggings, with a shoe purchase, said  to me when I went back to show her the outfit, "You really rock, with that outfit" She even called another associate over to see me and she also commented how much she liked the look on me. So did I !!!!!

I really like the leggings look. I bought a couple of more pair of leggings. One pair in blackberry (dark purple) and another in red. I'm going to be wearing leggings with my new boots and with pumps Wait until you see me wearing my new Nine West, multi color peep toe pumps, with black leggings and a fuchsia colored top. The girls are chomping on the bit to see me dressed, with that ensemble.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks, JeffB. The sales associate at Macy's that sold me the  leggings, with a shoe purchase, said  to me when I went back to show her the outfit, "You really rock, with that outfit" She even called another associate over to see me and she also commented how much she liked the look on me. So did I !!!!!

I really like the leggings look. I bought a couple of more pair of leggings. One pair in blackberry (dark purple) and another in red. I'm going to be wearing leggings with my new boots and with pumps Wait until you see me wearing my new Nine West, multi color peep toe pumps, with black leggings and a fuchsia colored top. The girls are chomping on the bit to see me dressed, with that ensemble.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Okay! I'm sold! I'm definitely gonna see about doing a future jaunt in leggings! That was certainly a great look you displayed, and I'm sure I can pull that off too!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there, bluejay! Those shiny leggings from the first couple of pics were absolutely outrageous! Did you get much in the way of comments on them from people?

Bluejay,

I like your spunk with the leggings.

However, the selected shoe throws off the proportion between your feet and legs. Your feet look huge compared to your legs. The leggings are actually begging for a higher thinner heel to complete the look. That should correct the proportion.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 4 weeks later...
This past weekend my wife flew to Ithaca, NY, to attend an event and had to meet someone in Buffalo after that. She got a ride to Buffalo with a colleague. My job was to drive to Buffalo and retrieve her. So I contacted Bluejay and arranged to get together with him again. I hadn't seen him since the summer. We got together Saturday night and went to the outlet stores in Niagara Falls. He wore white skinny pants and Uggs Tawnie sandals in sapphire blue. I wore bootcut denim jeans and my Clarks Octavia clogs (photos below).

Our first stop was Payless. They have a big selection of heels in sizes 11, 12, and 13, and we tried on a few. I didn't see anything I couldn't live without, but Bluejay was taken with their Karbon cut-out zippered pump (sandal) in navy (photo) and wore them around the store for a few minutes. He said they were comfortable and easier to walk in that he expected. The heel is 5 inches and the platform is around an inch. But he talked to Evelyn, the sales associate, for a while and decided to wait until they were on sale or he had a coupon, so we left without buying anything.

Next we stopped at Naturalizer. I tried on a nice heeled bootie in size 11, but I really needed a 12, which they didn't have. Bluejay didn't see anything there. Mike, the SA that Bluejay knows, wasn't working that night, so we left and went next door to Nine West. There were a few customers in the store, but there must have been 6-8 SAs, all women, and very friendly and helpful, but I couldn't help wonder how the store could be profitable with so much staff. I only saw one shoe in size 12, and that was a leopard design pump, which didn't do anything for me. Bluejay didn't find anything there either. But at all three stores he engaged the sales associates in conversation and asked them if they could guess the brand of sandals he was wearing. Nobody guessed Uggs and all were surprised, because the common knowledge is that Uggs only makes wool-lined boots.

From there we went to Applebee's for dinner and then went back to my motel room. We had each brought a suitcase of our favorite shoes to share, so we spent some time at "show and tell" which was very interesting. Our taste in shoes is very different. He loves everything, and the flashier and more bling it has, the better. He also loves and wears stilettos a lot, which I don't do much. I am more reserved, with blacks and browns, and with thicker and shorter heels. We had fun trying on each other's favorites, though, and talking about them. Finally it got late and Bluejay went home.

On Sunday Bluejay came over after church and brought over a box of leggings. He loves leggings and has a couple of dozen in many colors and fabrics. I own zero and have never had an interest in them, but he got me to try on several of them, and I admit they felt good and I think I looked good wearing them with my Aerosoles "Platonic" heeled sandals (the ones in my avatar) that I was wearing. So I may have to reconsider leggings in my future.

We went from there over to Kay's Jewelers, where Maria, a friend of Bluejay's works. I met her in the summer when I was there, and it was nice to meet her again. Bluejay wore the same Uggs Tawnie sandals in Raspberry Sorbet (photo), with a matching pink pedicure, and black leggings. I wore my jeans and the Aerosoles Platonic avatar sandals without hosiery, and showed off my battleship gray pedi (photo). We chatted with Maria for a while and left to go to Macy's. Dana, one of Bluejay's friends there was not working. We got the word that she went home ill. But we did meet Rania, who spoke to us for a while and she liked Bluejay's Uggs, too. We looked around the shoe department, but it was pretty small, and we didn't find anything, so we didn't stay too long.

We went over to DSW after that, and enjoyed walking around looking at the various styles. Bluejay found a pair of brown and black Tahari loafer pumps he fell in love with (2 photos), and we chatted with Kayla, one of the sales associates, about (what else?) Bluejay's Ugg sandals! One of the photos shows him carrying them because he didn't dare set them down for fear that somebody would walk off in them! We had a nice time there, but it was getting to be late afternoon, so we left. Bluejay said he had a coupon and would be going back to get those heels this week and he did.

We had a delightful time shoe shopping. It's always great touring with a native who knows his way around the city. Thanks for the hospitality, Bluejay! You're an inspiration!

Steve

post-4071-0-92862800-1385078966_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-59076600-1385078986_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-94949400-1385079053_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-07089700-1385079207_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-19305800-1385079491_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-18572000-1385079524_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-06844800-1385079547_thumb.jp

Thanks Steve, for posting our heeling, get together, this past weekend. It's always a pleasure to go out heeling with you. I think that we both enjoyed ourselves, out shopping for heels together.

It's always a lot of fun to talk to the shoe sales people in the shoe stores about our passion for wearing heels.

I hope everyone saw my t-shirt that I wore on Sunday, when we went to DSW. It was from my recent visit and purchase from DSW, on National Shoe, Lovers Day, last month.

Thanks again,Steve for the post.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

You're welcome, Bluejay! I know you've had a busy week, so I thought I'd take the time to write up a post about our outings. We met several very nice people, got a few compliments, and enjoyed the freedom of wearing heels out in public. It was a memorable weekend and I look forward to getting together with you again next time.

The pic of you in the red DSW t-shirt doesn't show the design very well. I didn't think to ask you to open your jacket to show it off better. Maybe you can post a photo of it when you get time. It's a cool shirt. You also bought a book that others may be interested in. Maybe you can get a photo of that also.

Steve

HappyinHeels,

Good to see your post! No two people have exactly the same taste, and Bluejay and I are no exceptions. But we have a lot of respect for each other and each of us is glad when the other person gets a pair of heels he likes. So there's no competition, just joy! We're glad to have the friendship and we both love shoes and shoe shopping. The same goes with you, HiH. Our tastes are very different, but I was exceedingly glad you found some styles you liked when you and I went shoe shopping together last summer.

Steve

Bluejay,

Vector is from the Rochester area. I met him and his lovely wife at a heel meet in Canton, Ohio a couple of years ago. We would all have a lot of fun together, so next time my wife and I get up that way we can arrange and announce a heel meet. Maybe others can join us, too.

Steve

• 2 months later...

Hi Fellow Heelers,

It's been a long time since I last posted a heeling event for me. I've been very busy with my business, but I still have some time to go out heeling.

Last Saturday, night I had the time. I wore black ribbed leggings, yellow, mock turtleneck shirt, black 1/4 zip fleece, yellow, crew neck sweater, with sleeves rolled back to highlight the black fleece, black women's puffy vest, with my Enzo Angiolina, black knee boots, 3" block heel, black knee-hi trouser socks. I wore a black Melton newsboy cap and black leather gloves, to keep warm in the frigid temps that we've had for the last month or so. I also carried my, "Vera Bradley", black shoulder bag with my initials monogrammed on the bag. (Christmas gift from my daughter, who said, "Dad, if your going to carry a bag, you need a stylish looking one).

I liked my layered look especially the yellow and black combination.

I made two stops,to Macy's and to Sears. Didn't get any stares at all. Got positive comments from sales clerks in both stores, on my ensemble.

Another, enjoyable heeling event for me!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 1 month later...

Hi Fellow Heelers,

I just wanted to post about my recent heeling events, over this past weekend.

On Saturday, I wore black ribbed, stretch, leggings, black trouser socks, black mockneck shirt, under a hot pink 1/4 zip fleece, topped off with my women's, black puffy, down, vest, pink and gray cap and carried my Vera Bradly, cross/body, shoulder bag. For footwear I wore, my black Ezzio Angiolini, black, knee boots with 3" block heels.

I spent most of the day at area stores including, Macy's, Sears, BonTon and Penny's. I got several comments on my ensemble, especially the hot pink and black combo. As my boots were totally visible, over my leggings, all could see what I was wearing.

In the afternoon I traveled to the Outlet Mall, in Niagara Falls, which was crowded with shoppers. A lot of looks directed at me, a man wearing leggings, knee boots and a hot pink fleece.

I shopped at the Naturalizer Outlet store, Nine West, Famous Footwear and Payless. At each shoe store I was warmly greeted and I tried on many pairs of shoes and even some boots. A lot of the clerks in those stores know me and give me great service. They even suggest heels for me to try on. The clerks at Nine West and Payless are great to deal with, as they have other men they sell heels to.

Because the Outlet Mall is close to Canada, there are a lot of Canadian shoppers there too.

I really enjoyed my self, heeling at the area stores and Outlet Mall. I did make some purchases, at the stores. I got a great deal on a green, cross/ body, bag, at an outlet store for less than $4.00, that was originally $89.99. With super discounts on clearance prices and rewards certificates, I got a fantastic deal on the shoulder bag, that I wanted to wear with a green ensemble for, "Wearing of the Green", for ST. Patrick's Day.

Since I was going to be out of town on, Monday, March 17th, St. Patrick's Day I chose to wear my green ensemble on Sunday. I wore my black ribbed, stretch leggings, black knee-hi hosiery, bright green, Izod , long length polo shirt, black, down, women's puffy vest., with my Bandolino, green, "Galleigh" pumps with 4" tapered heels. And of course I carried my new green, shoulder, cross/body bag. I also painted my little pinkies bright green for the day too.

I got a lot of compliments, doing my shopping at Wegman's Food Market and even at Walmart, but the most compliments came from the clerks at Kay Jewelers, that always see me wearing heels. The girls all said how much they loved my green look, for St. Patrick's Day. They were very impressed with my green pumps too. The last time I wore those green pumps was last year, on St. Patricks Day, but this year I pushed the envelope a lot, wearing them with black leggings, so my heels were totally visible for all to see. Last year I wore them with black dress pants and a green polo shirt.

I liked wearing the ensemble so much on Sunday, that I wore it again tonight, after I returned from my out of town trip.

I wanted to post a pic of my ensemble, but I didn't have the time to do so., but I will soon, I PROMISE.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

As promised here are some pics of my latest ensembles.

PIc # 1 & 2  Bandolino, "Galleigh" green pumps, with my St. Patrick's Day green and black ensemble

Pic # 3 & 4  Naturalizer, "Damaris" knee boots with brown ensemble and animal print vest

Pic # 4 & 5 Nine West "Camya" peep toe pumps

Pic # 7  Yellow patent knee boots, with a black and yellow ensemble

Pic # 8  Hot pink patent knee boots, with hot pink and white ensemble

Pic # 9  White patent  knee boots, with white and hot pink ensemble

Pic # 10  Jessica London, "Comfortview" hot pink peeptoe pumps, with hot pink and white ensemble

Hope you enjoy the pics!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

post-2962-0-43226300-1396338286_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-28622500-1396338334_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-59709600-1396338432_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-95154100-1396338497_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-43702800-1396338556_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-69607600-1396338599_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-31421300-1396338654_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-55563600-1396338722_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-63749400-1396338783_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-30114800-1396338839_thumb.jp

Whoa there, bluejay! Those were some awesome pictures there! You certainly are much bolder than I am, my friend!

Whoa there, bluejay! Those were some awesome pictures there! You certainly are much bolder than I am, my friend!

Really attention getting, aren' they?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks, for the comments guys. I like wearing a lot of bright colors, with my heels, whether they are shoes or boots.

JeffB, I still not as confident wearing skirts like you do, but I can wear my ensembles with out any problem at all.

I'll be posting some new pics soon, of other outfits I've put together to wear. Keep tuned in!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay