Heeling with bluejay

bluejay

All awesome looks, bluejay even with the top spillage under the jacket in the last photo. Just a great look on a guy with the confidence to pull it off. Hats off!

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thanks, for your comments, Shafted and Steve. Shafted, I know that you dislike my band of color between my jacket and leggings, but that is a look that I like. I see it all the time on women and I do get compliments on that look, from the ladies. That's what counts. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Thanks, for your comments, Shafted and Steve.

Shafted, I know that you dislike my band of color between my jacket and leggings, but that is a look that I like. I see it all the time on women and I do get compliments on that look, from the ladies. That's what counts.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

But in this case it works well bluejay, I really do like it. Maybe that;s the key to appeasing me, coordinating the shoes with the top.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

bluejay,

Purple is great color except perhaps when it is worn by a certain football team from Minnesota. I have only two pairs of sandals that are purple but must admit I rather adore purple as a nail polish color. Your outfits are original and striking which is the point of freestyling. HappyinHeels

Thanks for the compliments, Shafted and HappyinHeels. BTW, HappyinHeels those heels in my recent post were green, which I wore for St. Patrick's Day, "wearing of the green", however I have the same style in purple, that I have posted pics of before. Purple is a favorite color of my wife and she likes to see me in purple. Happy Heeling, bluejay

I have a pair of pumps in purple, and would like a few pairs of boots in purple. I just love kneehigh boots.

pumpcat

I have a pair of purple patent knee boots. They look awesome paired with my "Hue" purple, corduroy leggings and my Izod light purple v-neck sweater. My wife likes the look, very much!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Well yesterday, Sunday turned out to be a double heeling day for me. I did my usual heeling to church and to do my errands, with some red color for the day. Nothing unusual happened, while out in heels. I am posting a couple of pics of my, Sunday, morning heeling. I did have a nice time out and about, Sunday, afternoon. Since wearing leather clothing is a favorite of mine, next to wearing heels, I decided it was time to go out in leather and heels. The last time I wore leather was to a party just before Christmas, with the exception of wearing my leather jacket out, very much during the winter. Yesterday, I wore black leather dress jeans, royal blue silky shirt, black leather vest and paired that with my Nine West "7 Riffel", ankle boots, with a 4-3/4" oval heel and a 3/4" platform. Because it was only 36* out, I added my leather jacket, too. My plans were to go to the mall and do some shopping, but I got a late start and only had about 45 minutes of time left, before the mall closed on Sunday. I walked about the crowded mall, did get some stares, directed at me but had no comments. I saw lots of shoppers in heeled boots, but very few in heeled shoes. I walked through Macy's and Penny's, didn't see anything that said , "take me home, today". As the mall was closing, I decided to drive to the nearby, DSW, shoe store to see what new styles, were in for spring. DSW, closes one hour later, than the mall on, Sundays, so I had a little time to browse the aisles for heels. The store was not really crowed, so I had a chance to look and I tried on a few pairs of pumps and sandals. The other women customers didn't seem to mind that I was trying on heels along side them. As I was trying on a pair of sandals. one of the clerks came over to ask me, if I needed any help. I looked up and saw it was the same clerk, that sold me the Nine West boots I was wearing in the store, yesterday. She remembered selling me the ankle boots, back in middle of December. I told her that I liked them very much and have worn them out, many times. She said that they looked nice with the leather pants, I was wearing. I thanked her for the compliment. She said that the sandals, I was trying on, might look better with jeans. I had a pair of jet black thigh-hi hose on and mentioned to her that the sandals would also look better, without the hosiery on. She remarked without the hosiery, the red pedi on my toes would look better, too. A little too cold to wear sandals now, but hopefully the warmer weather will come and we will be able to wear our sandals. As she was heading to the front of the store, she said , if she could be of any help to me, just ask. I thanked her for her concern and told her that's why I like to shop at, DSW. It was approaching 6 pm now and the store was closing, as I heard that all too familiar phrase, "please make your final selections, as the store will be closing in ten minutes". I walked through the close out rack in the back. Nothing caught my eye, so I decided to leave, but not before walking by the same clerk again and saying, "see you again", upon which she responded, "I will be looking forward to it". It's always a pleasant experience at DSW, to shop for shoes (heels) and I enjoyed myself , yesterday. Another great day out heeling and as JeffB, puts it, I did a double header, yesterday! Happy Heeling, bluejay The first two pics are from Sunday, morning and the last two pics are from Sunday, afternoon.

post-2962-0-51914400-1364237060_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-98679500-1364237136_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-23820200-1364237220_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-94030700-1364237297_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...

Hi fellow heelers. Yesterday, I posted on the thread, "What Am I Wearing , Today", in heeling for everyone section. Today I am posting on my own thread. Tonight, I had to run a couple of errands, so I made it a heeling event. I wore "Hue" brown, corduroy leggings, bright yellow, Izod polo shirt, with my Aerosoles, brown knee boots, with a 3", block heel and brown knee-hi hosiery. Since the temp had dropped from 72* at noon, to 40* at 7 pm, I added a tan microfiber jacket. I did get a compliment on my look from a woman shoe clerk that waited on me at Macy's. At the other stops no one really seemed to care that I was wearing leggings and heeled boots. I even treated myself to an ice cream cone on my way home. As I took my turn at the order counter, the young woman, about 25, in front of me turned around after getting her order. looked down and saw my boots and commented to me as she walked away, "nice boots, you're wearing". I thanked her for the compliment as she walked to her car and that was it. I enjoyed myself, tonight out heeling in my leggings and boots. Until next time...... Happy Heeling, bluejay

post-2962-0-40450900-1366434323_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-70535000-1366434442_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-28578500-1366434530_thumb.jp

Hi everyone, Just a short post about my Sunday heeling. Today, I wore navy dress pants, white and blue window pane, dress shirt, with tie, light blue suit coat with navy blue pocket square and paired that with my, East Spirit, "Paranella" navy blue patent, pumps with a 3-1/2" stacked heel and navy knee-hi hose. Several people commented on my appearance at church, as all liked the different shades of blue I was wearing, today. No one commented on my heels until I got to Walmart, for my usual Sunday shopping. While walking down the frozen food aisle, I noticed this very nicely dressed woman in her 40's wearing a beautiful pair of green peep toe pumps, with a high ankle strap and 5' stiletto heels. I always like to compliment a nicely dressed woman in nice heels and today was no different. As we were passing, I said to her that she looked very nice in her green heels and I liked her pink pedi too. She replied that she remembered me from another time complimenting her on her heels. She also commented that she said, I looked nice in my heels too as was the last time we met in Walmart too. Then I remembered her from another time on a Sunday morning, several months ago, in Walmart. She said that she had commented to a couple of friends about the well dressed man in Walmart, that complimented her on her heels, that Sunday and that he was also wearing heels too. I replied to her that she has a great memory. She responded that it's not every day you see a man dressed very nice, wearing heels in Walmart. We exchanged a couple more thoughts and I said, "hope to see you again". Hopefully we will be able to compare our heels again. She said, that she almost always is wearing heels, when out. I told her, "thank-you for that". She smiled at me and we went about our shopping. A great encounter at Walmart, Sunday. So it goes to show, that not everyone dress like a "SLOB", while shopping at Walmart! Happy Heeling, bluejay

post-2962-0-99394000-1367214436_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-73271700-1367214492_thumb.jp

Great experience, Bluejay! Thanks for sharing it with us. The photos look great. Those heels look very distinguished and compliment the outfit nicely. Not too high, not too feminine, good match - just right! Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Hi fellow heelers, Just wanted to up-date you on a couple of my latest heeling events. Sunday, May 12, 2013. I wore off white, Dockers dress pants, lilac colored dress shirt and tie, deep purple blazer, with my Aerosoles "Tapestry" dark purple suede pumps and purple trouser socks. I got several compliments on my ensemble. See pics attached. Tuesday, May 14, 2013. I wore Metrostyle women's black cropped jeans, red Izod polo shirt, paired with my Dansko "Rae" black heeled clogs, with 3-3/4" stacked heels and black fishnet hosiery. I liked the look. See pics attached. Happy Heeling, bluejay

post-2962-0-15447000-1368591009_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-65473600-1368591062_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-01679700-1368591152_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-91343200-1368591221_thumb.jp

As an active member of the Bluejay Admiration Society, I'd like to say that I like the look of both outfits. You coordinate colors very well. Please mail me my membership card soon. LOL Steve

I especially like the first outfit, I'm glad you got compliments, you look very stylish. I can't really make out the lilac shirt from the photos but I guess that's what links with the purple shoes and pulls of what could've been a tricky colour combination.

If you like it, wear it.

• 1 month later...

Well fellow heelers, it's been a while since I last posted on my heeling. Just because I don't post a lot these days about my heeling. I am still out heeling at least a couple times a week or more. In the last few weeks I have purchased more that six pairs of heels, everything from stiletto heel pumps to wedge heel sandals and I am wearing them out, too. I have also added three pairs of skinny ankle jeans, in white, royal blue and fuscha. I have bought "Hue" capri style leggings in white, red, medium rinse wash and midnight rinse wash(black) too. I have also gotten some of my summer colors of capri jeans out of my storage totes. white, red , orange, yellow, teal, lilac and deep purple and others. I like to wear capris and only rarely wear long jeans or dress pants during the summer, when wearing heels. Tonight, I wore my new white skinny ankle jeans(2" above my ankle). black, long length polo shirt , my Naturalizer, "Laurie" black wedge heel sandals and my new black shoulder bag , from Macy's, a store brand. I only had one stop to make and that was to Kay's Jewelers to have some of my jewelery cleaned. I got there a little before 8 PM and had a great time with the women clerks there, for the next 30-40 minutes.They all complimented me on my ensemble tonight and of course we always compare our heels too and talk about fashion while I'm there. Tonight was a very slow night, with no other customers in the store, we really had a great time together. I gave them copies of the recent articles that Shafted posted this week about men in heels and also a copy of the NY Times article about men getting color on their fingers and toes. They said they will read the articles and will pass them to all the employees at Kay's where I go, even to the men that work there. Only two there and they both have seen me wearing heels, on occasions, when they are working. It was a nice night out heeling. It was warm, capris or shorts would been more comfortable, but I chose to show off my new skinny ankle jeans. JeffB, I hope that you like my new shoulder bag, that I carried tonight. That makes four bags I have to choose from. Small black, medium black, medium white and medium bag in royal blue. I'm also considering one in red too, as I like to match my bag with my top and my shoes too. Hope you like the pics. Happy Heeling, bluejay

post-2962-0-32343500-1372568207_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-84009100-1372568278_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-71628800-1372568351_thumb.jp

I'm thinking a longer length pant with a generous ankle and calf will probably show off those shoes much better,bluejay. I like the color, just not the execution. It's not always easy to tell what works with what. But in this case I think think that longer pant legs are the right thing for those shoes.

Hey, bluejay! Nice ensemble there! Looks sharp and stylish! And the bag worked well with your outfit. By the by, I've seen a goodly number of women wearing pant legs at the same length as you did, some looked nice, others didn't. I guess it depends on the person, their body shape and the style of pants and shoes worn with them. Bravo to you!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I'd probably describe those jeans as "tapered" rather than "skinny", but in any case tapered may well suit your body shape better than skinny. I really like that you wore a long-length top loose over the waist, almost like a tunic, and the contrast of the black top with the white trousers. Also, of course, heels rather than flats make all the difference.

If you like it, wear it.