Heeling with bluejay

bluejay

bluejay: Your latest pics looked very nice as you paired the oversized top and leggings well with your boots. Nicely done!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

The wide boot shaft isn't a look I like on me, but your slender legs make it work great for you. I have one pair of flat-heeled biker style ankle boots with a wide shaft and I always wear them under bootcut jeans, but you don't need to do that. I also find that very tight-fitting boot shafts aren't too flattering for me either, whereas again you could probably make that work for you no problem.

If you like it, wear it.

bluejay: Your latest pics looked very nice as you paired the oversized top and leggings well with your boots. Nicely done!

Thanks for your positive comments, JeffB. I really like the leggings look with boots.Tonight I wore basically the same outfit,but with a red top and the gals at Kay's all gave me positive comments. I really like those comments from women, and I know that you do too!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Hi everyone,

Just posting a couple of pics of my new Nine West "Scapegoat " knee boots, that I got today from Amazon.com. They are very comfortable to wear and I really like them. The heel is 5 1/2' and the platform is 1 1/2". I am wearing them with MetroStyle, black liquid look, leggings and a red Izod top. Thanks for looking.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

post-2962-0-46504100-1358572970_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-88718700-1358573029_thumb.jp

bluejay: Well, I must say you certainly do have the top/leggings/boots look down pat. Gives me something to look forward to emulating in my own way. Keep up the good work, my friend!

bluejay: Well, I must say you certainly do have the top/leggings/boots look down pat. Gives me something to look forward to emulating in my own way. Keep up the good work, my friend!

Thanks for your compliments, JeffB. I certainly do really like the leggings and boots look very much. I will post a pic of my new MetroStyle leopard print shinny leggings in silver and black, that I just got today. They looked very sexy on the model in the catalog. I hope that they do the same for me too.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks for your compliments, JeffB. I certainly do really like the leggings and boots look very much. I will post a pic of my new MetroStyle leopard print shinny leggings in silver and black, that I just got today. They looked very sexy on the model in the catalog. I hope that they do the same for me too.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I'm looking forward to that look bluejay. Just don't get carried away by leopard print. A little goes a long way. I still love it though.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Sounds exciting, my friend. I can't wait to see that picture. You've gone a long way towards exhibiting a nice and stylish look in leggings and boots. And that's a look I'm most eager to indulge in. Keep up the great work!

• 2 weeks later...

Today is a red letter day! With today, Friday February 1, 2013 being designated "Women's Heart Disease Awareness Day, we are all supposed to be wearing red today. I did my part. This afternoon I had to do some errands so I decided to make it a heeling event in red. I wore MetroStyle boot cut jeans, black Izod polo shirt, leather jacket, cap and gloves all in red leather. For footwear I added my Bijou, ankle boots also in red with 2 1/2" small block heel and black tights. (Because it was cold outside.) My first stop was to the Post Office, for new .46 cent stamps to mail out the monthly invoices. The line was short and in no time I was up to the clerk to purchase my stamps. I know the lady and she did compliment me on my red ensemble I was wearing, as did the woman clerk next to her too. I don't know if they saw my red heels but maybe on the way out they may have noticed them. Next stop was to the bank to take care of my banking. I waited for the young woman teller, that I know to call me up . She was dressed all in red from head to toe. She even showed me her red heel loafers small 2" heel. I complimented her on her look today and she responded that I looked good in red too. She even told me she liked my red polished little pinkies too. She has seen me with colored little pinkies many times before and we are always comparing nail polish. She showed me her mani, it was a deep burgundy color and I told her it looked very nice on her. She replied that she liked my color better, because it was red for today. I said that I did a fast coloring today, not a pro job indeed. She replied, you can do my nails for me, any time. I thanked her for the compliment. As I walked away I said to her, check out my red ankle boots. As I was far enough away for her to see them from behind the counter, she said, I like them, they go so well with your outfit. Thanks, I said as I was walking out the door. Last stop this afternoon was to gas up my car. As I was pumping my gas I noticed that a man pumping his gas on the other side was looking at me. He looked a second time and a third too. He never said a word as I passed him to pay the clerk, who also knows me and also commented on the red I was wearing today. As I handed her the cash, I told her she was in the red spirit today, because she was wearing a red sweatshirt. She replied you look good in red too. I thanked her for her compliment. It was a nice afternoon out in heels, but the best is still to come. I returned , home to see my wife off to work. Tonight, I was going to push the envelope again. I had to go to Kay's Jewelery store to drop off a repair for my wife. The gals in Kay's are always glad to see me and what I am wearing. Tonight I wasn't going to disappoint them. I wore my white Izod 1/4 zip fleece, black shinny leggings, added my red leather jacket, cap and gloves that I wore this afternoon and tonight I wore my "Funtasma" red patent leather knee boots with black knee-hi hose. It was an awesome look, if I say so myself. I entered the store, noticed only one other woman customer inside the store. One of the clerks came out to greet me. I know all of them by their first name including the manager. She took one look at me and all she could say, "You look hot, Tonight". I thanked her for the compliment. Even the manager came out to see me and they all commented on how great I looked. I said I was in red today for Women's Heart Disease Awareness Day. One of the clerks said that;'s why she was wearing red heels today and showed them to me. The mgr. had a red scarf around her neck and the other clerk was wearing a red belt with her black dress pants. They all agreed that my red heel knee boots were the red hit of the night. I had to tell them all about my boots and where I got them from. I also told them that I just got a pair of the same boots in royal blue color, that I am very anxious to wear. One clerk said make sure that you come to show us when you wear them. I replied, I will be very happy to to that soon. The mgr said, she will be looking forward to seeing them on me. Since the store had no customers, we kept on discussing heels and fashion for about 15-20 minutes. Then It was time to leave and I thanked them all for the interesting conversation that we had and I will be looking forward to seeing them soon. As I walked to the door I was walking tall with a great feeling of a wonderful time out and about in heels and wearing "red" today. Did any of you wear red today? Happy Heeling, bluejay I am adding some pics of what I wore today. Pics #1,2 & 3 are of this afternoon. Pics #4,5,6 &7 are of this evening. I hope that you enjoy seeing them and reading my long post.

post-2962-0-55436800-1359779614_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-84521800-1359779707_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-64841600-1359779766_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-98594200-1359779830_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-17914800-1359779911_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-06993700-1359779988_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-22279200-1359780067_thumb.jp

Thanks Steve for your comments, I really enjoyed my self on Friday night wearing those red knee boots. I made a mistake in the post. I was not wearing black thigh-hi hose, but instead was wearing my black shinny leggings with the red knee boots.

I was hoping that JeffB saw my post and pics, as he has not commented yet.

Last night, I went to church just before the Super Bowl. I wore a pair of Bridgewater, 2 3/4" square, black, block heel boots, with a 8" shaft height, with MetroStyle straight leg women's jeans, black Izod 1/4 zip fleece and with keeping with the wearing of red for Women's Heart Disease Awareness, my Lands' End red jacket and red leather cap. No one seemed to notice my heels at church as they were a bit noisy and my stop to pick up a newspaper. The clerk at the store was too busy listening to the game last night.

Incidentally, I was rooting for the "Forty Niners", but they kinda fell short at the end. Jeff B should be happy, he's a "Ravens" fan.

I have added a couple of pics from last night.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Nice legs bluejay! The boots would be better with less form fitting pant such as trousers. The shaft of the boot looks enormous compared to your leg. IMO, they look out of balance. If the boot shaft wasn't so large, I'd like this look.

Shafted,

I hope that you saw the halftime performance at the Super Bowl last night, featuring, "Beyonce". If you noticed her heeled booties she and her cast of performers were wearing were similar to the pair that I wore and posted that you commented were" too big at the top of my booties". As the clerk at DSW shoe store told me that's the style of them and they looked the same on "Beyonce" last night.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

post-2962-0-89453100-1360034494_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-84494200-1360034558_thumb.jp

Oops! Silly me! How in the world did I miss that outing in your red boots? My bad! Pretty cool, my friend! Pretty bold too! I don't mind admitting I wouldn't have the nerve to wear what you did. bravo to you, bluejay! Bravo!

Shafted,

I hope that you saw the halftime performance at the Super Bowl last night, featuring, "Beyonce". If you noticed her heeled booties she and her cast of performers were wearing were similar to the pair that I wore and posted that you commented were" too big at the top of my booties". As the clerk at DSW shoe store told me that's the style of them and they looked the same on "Beyonce" last night.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Nope, didn't see it, don't own a television. In any case, I'm not a trend chaser. History has had a whole bunch of bad fashion trends. I count this as one of them. I honestly have seen that look on women here, but it always seems to be done with Uggs, furry boots, slouch boots etc. I've never seen it done with a straight up heeled leather boot until you did it. The straight up leather boot has too hard a line which throws off your proportions. The style doesn't work with that boot IMO.

Beyonce is hardly a fashion icon in my book. Most of the time she just looks trashy.

I would wear it the way women here seem to be wearing it. As you presented it, let's just say I'm not chasing that trend, my friend.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Sorry, Shafted and Steve, but I don't belong to your little club! My 65 inch HDTV is my best friend! :silly: As for Beyonce, she ain't trashy in my book, and she can wear anything she damn well pleases! WHOO!

bluejay, You do own the road you walk on! It seems that you have a presence about you that others have come to expect and respect at the same time which is a testament to your character. Now as far Beyonce goes....I met her about eight years ago while working at O'hare AIrport. Very approachable and not the kind of jagoff that many celebrities can become. She did, however, perjure herself recently. Clint Eastwood had asked her to star in an upcoming movie and she declined because Clint Eastwood had spoken at the Republican convention and Beyonce is quite the Obama supporter. All the good she has done disappears in a political wink of an eye. I wouldn't even consider what she's wearing when deciding whom I wanted to emulate. Character is what matters. HappyinHeels

Thanks Guys for your input. I am not saying that I am a fan of Beyonce. I was just pointing out that she was wearing a pair of heeled booties that had a similar look to my pair, from Nine West, that I got from DSW. As far as being a fan, she is more to the liking of my teenage grand-daughters 14 & 15, than to me. She is in a different generation than I am. I remember when I was a teenager and we were really into the Beatles and my parents couldn't stand listening to them or watching them perform on the Ed Sullivan Show. We were sent to our room to watch on our 12" black & white TV, that my two younger brothers and I shared , in our room. My wife didn't care for her show at halftime , after viewing it on tape, as she was at work during the game, but both our daughters (29 & 33) said they enjoyed her show. So I guess it's a generation thing. Now I know two fellow heelers that don't have TV's in their homes. Not that I am a big TV addict, but I did enjoy watching the Super Bowl game on my 46" HD, screen TV. Happy Heeling, bluejay

• 2 weeks later...

After a few short posts on other threads, recently about my heeling activities, I decided to share with you my most recent outing, last night, Friday, February 15. Since wearing leggings has become a favorite of mine, I decided to try out an ensemble, using brown as my main ingredient. I just bought a new pair of "Hue" brown corduroy leggings and wanted to wear them out. I added a brown and tan leopard print top, brown leather jacket and matching brown leather, news boy cap. For footwear, I chose my "Aerosoles" brown leather, knee boots with a 3" block heel and a pair of brown trouser socks. First stop was to the Verizon store. I walked in to go to the payment machine in the rear of the store. There were only a couple of customers in the store and I don't think anyone even noticed me. I did walk about and look at new phones, before I left the store. My next stop was to Lowe's to get some sandpaper for my sander, to finish a project at my home. Again the store was not very busy for a Friday, night, so I picked up the sandpaper and went to checkout. I felt a couple stares on me in the checkout line, as I paid for the sandpaper, exited and walked to my car. It was about 9 pm now and since I had a late lunch, I was hungry and decided to stop at McDonalds for a quick sandwich. I was going to use the drive-thru, but decided to go inside instead. They were offering a fish sandwich meal on special, so I ordered one. A woman about 30, with a lot of tattoo's, came to take my order. She brought my meal after paying for it, she said, " I like the way you are dressed tonight, you are making a fashion statement". I thanked her for the compliment as I took my meal and went to an open table nearby. She must of told other workers about my appearance as several passed me by, while I was eating my meal, pretending to clean nearby tables. A couple walking by also did a second look at me. I Iooked up made eye contact with them and smiled. The woman about 40 said to me that she liked my animal print shirt I was wearing. I thanked her for the compliment as they went to the exit door. Even though it was a short night out, I certainly enjoyed myself out and about. I have added a couple of pics for you to see what I was wearing. Happy Heeling, bluejay

post-2962-0-69089400-1361044311_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-43902700-1361044381_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-77084200-1361044491_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Yesterday, Sunday I did a three event heeling day, by far the most ever for me in one day. I am only going to report on my afternoon outing. I just got a new pair of purple patent pumps from DSW, on-line store late last week and I wanted to wear them out . The new pumps were Bandolino "Galliegh", in purple patent with 4-1/2" heels with a 1/2" platfrom. The shoes fit fine, as I paired them with purple dress pants, lilac, Izod v-neck sweater, purple trouser socks and my black leather jacket. As I had to make a stop at Office Max for some supplies, no one seemed to notice my heels. Since the Kay's Jewelery store was close by, I decided to stop by to let the ladies there see my new heels. They welcomed me as always and told me how nice my heels looked. One asked me where I was able to buy them in that color. I told them from DSW on-line store and there was at least six other colors available too. After a nice conversation with the three women clerks and the manager, who all showed me their heels they were wearing, I left the store to some very nice compliments from them. And of course I had to compliment the girls on their heels as I always do when I am in the store. Another nice heeling event for a Sunday afternoon. I have added some pics of what I wore, yesterday. Happy Heeling, bluejay

post-2962-0-94588800-1361850649_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-84219900-1361850747_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-91311500-1361850835_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-96583600-1361850905_thumb.jp

Like the outfit, but not with that jacket. You already know that, but I wanted to say something good about your outfit.

Well done, bluejay. That's quite a sharp and stylish ensemble. And it's not everyday one sees purple shoes. Cool!

I have a pair of purple glitter pumps and I have worn them out, just not very often.

Well done, bluejay. That's quite a sharp and stylish ensemble. And it's not everyday one sees purple shoes. Cool!

Thanks for your compliments, JeffB. Purple is a favorite color of my wife and she likes to see me in purple. I have a lot of purple colored clothes, but these are one of two pairs of purple colored heels that I got recently and will be wearing them when the mood strikes.

I have yet to give my purple shoes a whirl. But I definitely will after seeing your pics. Thanks!

Go ahead give your purple shoes a try. I enjoyed myself on that outing on Sunday and got some compliments too. One of the girls at Kay's wants to get her own pair of purple heels. Purple is a very popular color in both women's and men's fashions.

BTW, I also have a pair of purple patent knee boots from Funtassima, that I got recently and I am going to wear them with a pair of Hue purple corduroy leggings in the future.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday, Sunday March 17, 2013, being St. Patrick's Day, it was time to wear some green. For going to church and doing my Sunday errands, I wore, black dress pants, green dress shirt and tie, black and silver corduroy suit coat with my new Bandolino, "Galleigh" green patent, pumps, 3-1/2" heel and black knee-hi hose. At church I did get a few compliments on my green shirt and tie, but nothing was said on my green pumps. They were quite visible as my pants didn't hide them at all. It must be that the people see me in heels all the time at church and now must accept it as my style of footwear. Next stop was to the supermarket. The bakery crew that always likes to see how I am dressed, gave me a looking good sign. I did get a couple of stares while I was walking up and down the aisles. As I entered the check-out line the head cashier said to me, " you look great in green today, for St. Patrick's Day and I really like your green pumps". (She has seen me in heels many times). I thanked her for the compliment. As the clerk rang up my sale she said to me, " I see that you have your little pinkies polished in green, I like it. As I paid for my items, I thanked her for the compliment and told her I was wearing my new green pumps too. As I walked away from her station, I showed her my pumps fully, by lifting my pant leg. She smiled and said, " I like them". (She has also seen me in heels) I thanked her and exited the store. I made one more stop at Walmart, got a few stares but no comments. The usual Sunday greeter was not there, as I wanted to show her my green ensemble with green heels, I was wearing for St. Patrick's Day. On my way out of Walmart, I did say hello to one of the clerks that knows me. She smiled at me and wished me a Happy St. Pat's Day. I replied like wise. I did enjoy myself out and about in my green and my heels. Sunday, afternoon was Part II of my, St Patrick's Day heeling events. I wore black shinny leggings. emerald green polo shirt, black leather jacket and again my new Bandolino, "Galleigh", green patent pumps with black knee-hi hose. I wanted to show off a bit this afternoon so I decided to pay a visit to Kay's Jewelery store to see my shoe girlfriends, who all like to see me in heels. Today was no different. They were all glad to see me and gathered around me to see my heels. One clerk remembered my recent visit when I wore the same shinny leggings with black knee boots and another time I wore the shinny leggings with red patent knee boots. She said to me that, "I looked fantastic in my green pumps and shinny leggings". As always, we compared our heels to each others heels and had a very nice conversation, again about heels. I really like my experiences there as they all are ok with my wearing of heels. I did make one more stop to get gas for my car. I did get some double takes as I went to pay for my purchase and I just walked proudly in my new green heels. It was a very enjoyable day for me, out and about in green heels for St Patrick's Day! I added some of pics of what I wore yesterday. The first pic, are my new green pumps; the next two are what I wore in the morning to church and the last two are what I wore in the afternoon. Happy Heeling, bluejay

post-2962-0-46546900-1363625702_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-13634700-1363625784_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-71767800-1363625867_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-37825200-1363625940_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-65389400-1363626013_thumb.jp