Heeling with bluejay

bluejay

Thanks all that replied to my latest heeling events. I hope everyone enjoys themselves when you are out and about in your heels. Walk with confidence. You will enjoy it! Happy Heeling, bluejay

Mr. Bluejay, Like you, I am an active public heeler. Last weekend, I spent the entire time out in heeled sandals. Most of the time I wore a pair of Kelly and Katie slip-on thongs (Result) with a 2 1/2 inch slender kitten type heel. The rest of the time I wore the sandals shown in my current avatar. My nails were painted with a shiny clear coat and I was wearing a toe ring. A few folks did notice my sandals, but no one seemed to care. Aside from a few stares and double takes the entire time out was a non-event. While out and about, I enjoyed myself, and walked with confidence!!! My reason for mentioning this is to assure others that public heeling is fun, and as you said, enjoyable!! Take care.... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

SF, Great to hear of your weekend and I'm glad it proved to be so much fun. I love the sandals in your avatar - tell me again what they are (I think you told me but I forgot. They really look great.) I'm going to have to look into a toe ring. They look like fun, too. Thanks for posting! Steve

SF, I also like to wear toe rings with sandals. I bought a cheap set of 6 rings 2 of each style for less than $5.00 from Walmart. I guessed on the sizing and they fit my toes fine,. I have had some positive comments especially with my red polished toes wearing my toe rings, with my heeled sandals. Thanks for your input. Happy Heeling, bluejay

• 3 weeks later...

Just a short post of my latest heeling, yesterday Sunday, September 9. I wore white "Bill Blass" women's jeans with a hot pink polo shirt, my Aerosoles "Tapestry" pumps, with 3 1/2" heels in hot pink patent and black knee-hi hose. First went to church, where I got a great compliment from a woman about 40 that said to me "I really like your color combination that you are wearing today and your shoes look great on you too. Wherever did you get those shoes in that color. it matches your shirt perfectly. First I thanked her for the compliment and proceeded to tell her that they were Aerosoles "Tapestry". I bought them on-line from ShoeBuy.com and They were available in several colors. I also have them in red. I told her they were very comfortable to wear. I also said that I wished that I had bought them in the white patent too, because my size (11) is no longer available in white. She thanked me for the information about my shoes. She really didn't make an issue of me being a man wearing heels and to church too! That compliment made my day for me, yesterday. I made two stops after church, to the supermarket and to Wal-Mart but they were really non events and no one really seemed to notice my shoes that I was wearing, especially their color being hot pink patent. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Nice outing bluejay! Sounds like a nice outfit. A pic would have been nice. I have been looking for ideas for a white pair of pants I have. I just can't seem to fet them to work for me.

I like to wear lots of color with white pants or white jeans. Royal blue, red, hot pink, and black work well with white. I also like to match the color of my shoes to the color of my top. I get a lot of positive compliments from the ladies with that look, as I have all those colors in heels to wear with white including white heels in sandals and pumps. I really want a pair of white patent pumps but I missed the opportunity with Aerosoles "Tapestry" pumps. I should of ordered them earlier this summer when they were available. I tried a pair of Pleasurer's but they were just not comfortable on my feet, so I returned them.

Mr. X, give one of those colors a try and you will like it!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

PS Thanks for your positive comments, I appreciate it very much!

I like to wear lots of color with white pants or white jeans. Royal blue, red, hot pink, and black work well with white. I also like to match the color of my shoes to the color of my top.

I love that matching aspect too, it's almost like I'm only half wearing my heels if I'm not coordinating them with the rest of my outfit.

The white trousers/jeans look is one I really like too - I've not worn it publicly yet, but it's definitely on my list. I agree with your colours, especially the royal blue appeals to me a lot, and I'd also add turqoise (both bright and pastel shades) as another favourite of mine.

If you like it, wear it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a short post about my most recent heeling event. On Wednesday, night, 9/19/12 I had to go to Kay's Jewelers to do an errand for my wife. It's always a heeling event to go to Kay's. I wore khaki color Dockers pants, orange Izod polo shirt and my Born tan colored mule/clogs with a 4" stacked heel. As I entered Kay's I was greeted by my name from the clerk behind the counter. I gave her the rings to be cleaned for my wife. Another clerk came out from back carrying several trays and I held open the swinging counter door for her to get through to the front display case. She thanked me and in passing looked down to see what shoes I was wearing. I walked over to her and raised my pant leg to show her my heels and said, " yes these are my Born heels and yes I still have my red pedi on my toes". I slipped off my shoe to show her my red pedi and she smiled and replied," last time you were here you had on heeled sandals that showed off your red pedi ". I said "good memory". I complimented her on her maroon color polish on her toes and fingers and how nice it looked on her. She was wearing flat sandals with no heels. As the other clerk had finished the ring cleaning, she came out from behind the counter and I noticed she was wearing a pair of peep toe black heel stilettos and also had a red pedi. I told her how much I liked her look that night. She thanked me for the compliment and said to me that she liked my heels and look very much too. (All the clerks in Kay's know that I wear heels and that my wife is ok with it too.) I picked up the rings and bid a good night to the two clerks. They replied, see you soon. Another nice heeling event for a Wednesday, night. Happy Heeling, bluejay

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while since I posted a heeling event, been busy lately, but I do heel regularly each week. Today Sunday, Oct. 7, 2012, I wore navy dress pants, with a light blue dress shirt and tie and because it was quite cool this early morning, I added a natural color (off white) sportcoat and wore my Naturalizer "Entice" navy pumps, with a 3" stacked heel and dark navy sheer knee-hi hose and as usual lots of jewelery including several finger rings, matching necklace, bracelet and anklet all in gold tones. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, I added a Breast Cancer Awareness pink pin to my lapel on my sportcoat and polished my two little pinkies in hot pink polish too. As always my first stop was to church service, but this morning no seemed to care I was wearing heels. I did get a couple of comments that I looked nice. After church, I went to the supermarket to shop as usual. My first stop was to the bakery to show myself to them each and every Sunday. All good comments on my appearance. The Oriental woman came out from behind the counter to get a better look at me. She noticed my lapel pin and mentioned that I supported Breast Cancer Awareness. She said that she was in the mall on Friday night and noticed how many people were wearing pink. I said that I love to wear pink too and I would be wearing pink during the month of October too. At that point I showed her my hands and my hot pink colored little pinkies. She said that it looked nice and I was not at all embarassed to show off my pink colored nails. I thanked her for the comment. From then on I made sure that my pink colored pinkies were visible for all to see. At the check-out the woman clerk was wearing a pink polo shirt and I complimented her on it. She also commented on my pin on my lapel too and when she handed back my change saw my pink nails to which she said " they look very nice on you". I thanked her, for her compliment. Next stop was to Walmart. I was greeted by the usual middle age woman greeter on Sunday mornings. She always has to look me over from head to toe and she knows that I like to wear heels and this morning was no different. We chatted briefly about what I was wearing and that the heel height this morning was not too high and that I always walk so well wearing heels and always present my self as a man dressed very nice that likes to wear heels. I complimented her on her silver glittery polish on her fingers and she said she has the same polish on her toes. They have to wear closed toe shoes (Company Rules), so she was not able to show me. She asked me if I still had my red pedi and I replied of course I do. I slipped off my pump to show her. the red color of my toes which was visible through the navy hose I was wearing. I then showed my pink little pinkies which she said looked nice and I did them in pink for Breast Awareness Month. She said did your wife do them for you? I replied that I do my own nails except that I do get a professional pedi on my toes, at the nail salon and I really enjoy the treatment very much. She said that for a man to color his fingers and toes takes a lot of courage to which I responded that I have a lot of that and I do like to present my self as a man nicely dressed that wears heels, lots of jewelery and also likes polished toes and at times my fingers too. She gave me a great big smile as I bid her a good day and went about my shopping in Walmart. As I was walking in the cosmetics section I walked my a nicely dressed woman (40's) who was wearing knee boots and leggings with a leather jacket. She looked sharp and I commented to her how much I liked her look this morning. She replied "thanks" and that was the end of the conversation. Later on in the office supply section of the store I ran into that same woman again. I smiled at her and she said, "I really appreciated your comment about my appearance, but now I have to return the compliment on your fashion and especially the heels you are wearing this morning. That was the only compliment on my heels today. Mostly others noticed my Breast Awareness pin and my pink colored little pinkies. Even the check-out woman in Walmart noticed my pink polish and did comment, thanks for wearing pink today. I really did enjoy all the comments and exposure this morning. It was another happy heeling event for me! Until next time, Happy Heeling, bluejay

Thanks bluejay. It just goes to show that your probably caught that well-dressed woman off-guard with your compliment, but after she'd had a chance to make sense of the situation it was great that a rare second encounter gave her the chance to express her true reaction.

If you like it, wear it.

SleekHeels, I always like to compliment well dressed women. Most are grateful for the compliment and will thank-you for it. But like you said it probably caught her off guard. Happy Heeling, bluejay

• 2 weeks later...

Friday, October 19,2012 I had a nice heeling event going to Kay's Jewelers to get some ring cleaning for my wife. I wore black cropped length(4" above my ankle) jeans with a hot pink polo shirt, black light weight, leather jacket and paired that with my Aerosoles "Tapestry" hot pink patent 3-1/2" heeled pumps and because I had on cropped length jeans I wore a pair of black fishnet thigh-hi hose. I thought the combination looked great, especially the pink accents for Breast Cancer Awareness, this month. The clerks and manager all have seen me in heels before and they are always interested to see what I am wearing. Tonight was no different. One of the female clerks, about 40 told me "You look hot" and the manager told me that the pink looked great on me especially my pink heels. The male clerk, who also has some feminine traits asked permission to take my picture to send to a girlfriend of his that is a breast cancer survivor. I said ok take my picture and send it to her. He said that he will send me a reply on her comments on what I was wearing. They also commented on my hot pink polished little pinkies too. For the next 15 minutes we had a great conversation about wearing heels. It was a great time for all of us, as the store was not at all busy last night. As I left I thanked them for the great time we had. Another nice heeling event! Happy Heeling, bluejay

Hey, bluejay! Sounds like you had an enjoyable outing. Pretty cool to have worn pink, bravo to you!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

That sounds like a bold, fun and very well co-ordinated look bluejay. I usually notice breast cancer awareness month at supermarket checkouts, etc., but it seems quite invisible here this year (all I saw last time was halloween merchandise). All the more reason to wear something pink with a badge of course to raise awareness before the month is through.

If you like it, wear it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a short post of my most recent heeling, yesterday Sunday, November 4, 2012. I chose to wear light tan Dockers dress pants with a bright orange silky dress shirt, matching bright orange tie with my brown leather blazer with a bright orange pocket square. For footwear I wore my new rust colored, Born, "Gail" loafer pumps with a 3 1/2" stacked heel and brown knee-hi hose. I did receive a couple compliments at church on my bright orange shirt, tie and leather blazer. No comments on my heels until I got to the supermarket when I got a looking good comment from a clerk in the bakery department who also said she liked the color of my shoes. So did I! Another nice Sunday morning out in heels. Happy Heeling, bluejay

• 2 weeks later...

Another night of heeling. Tonight I wore black DKNY women's skinny jeans, red Izod polo shirt, black leather jacket and black leather newsboy cap. I added my black Aerosoles knee boots with a 3" block heel and black thigh-hi hose. I also tucked my jeans inside of my boots I was wearing. I like the tucked inside look on women and I want that same look for myself. I made a couple of stops and really didn't get noticed until I got to the Verizon Wireless store, where an older lady about 70 made a comment to a male companion, "look at the boots he is wearing". I just smiled at them as I passed , exiting the store. I did get a positive comment from the young woman attendant at the gas station, as I was paying for my gas. "Nice looking boots you are wearing, tonight". She has seen me in heels before. I thanked her for the compliment! Another nice time out in heels and I enjoyed myself very much!!!!! Happy Heeling, bluejay

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday, Sunday I pushed the envelope a bit. I wore black dress pants, purple dress shirt and tie, black and white check suit coat and my Nine West,, black patent stiletto heel booties with a 4" heel. I did not wear them to church because they made too much noise. There I wore my black Born "Gail" loafer pumps with a 3 1/2" stacked heel, that made no noise at all. After church I changed into my Nine West booties. I first stopped at the supermarket, got out of my car and walked across the parking lot to the door with my heels clicking loudly. As I entered the store, I almost slipped on the highly polished floor and from then on I was very careful with my walk. I just took shorter steps and walked slower. I went to the bakery department first to say hello and they all come to see what I am wearing. One woman always tells me how nice I look so I went over to show her. She knows that I wear heels a lot, so I lifted my pant leg to show her my heels. She said that they were very high and that she couldn't wear anything like that and that I should be careful walking in the store. I replied that I was getting used to wearing them and that I would be careful, walking. As I walked the store aisles I did get some stares and double glances but I didn't hear any negative comments, as my heels were quite noisy. I enjoyed myself out wearing my stiletto heel booties and I hope do it again soon. Happy Heeling, bluejay

I've been away from forum for quiet a while now, just wanted to share that my GF knows about my heels and she seems ok with it I asked if she would be scared to hang around with me as I'm a have a strange habit.. She said its actually interesting.. Was not expecting that... She bought me first pair of heels too.

Bluejay, Again I applaud you're courage to wear stilettos. DO be careful though. We can't afford to have you fall and bust your butt. I remember the stilettos you wore when we went to Bon Ton shoe shopping on that Sunday in July when we visited you. We had a great time and your heels looked fabulous with your color coordinated outfit. z91209, Welcome back. Thanks for the comment. You never know how someone is going to react, but I'm glad your gf is positive about it. Many are. Be sure you treat her well! Steve

Bluejay,

Again I applaud you're courage to wear stilettos. DO be careful though. We can't afford to have you fall and bust your butt. I remember the stilettos you wore when we went to Bon Ton shoe shopping on that Sunday in July when we visited you. We had a great time and your heels looked fabulous with your color coordinated outfit.

z91209,

Welcome back. Thanks for the comment. You never know how someone is going to react, but I'm glad your gf is positive about it. Many are. Be sure you treat her well!

Steve

Steve, those royal blue peeptoe heels that I wore last July when we shopped are very comfortable and easy to walk in. The heel is not as thin as the heels on my Nine West booties. Take my word for it, I will be careful walking in those booties.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone, It's been awhile since I posted a heeling event, although I heel out and about regularly. Tonight, I pushed the envelope a bit. I had to go to Kay Jewelers to pick up a repair. I wore black shinny leggings, 1/4 zip Izod fleece in off white, my fairly new Nine West booties with a 4" oval heel and black thigh-hi hose. Because it was cold out I added my heavy weight leather jacket and added a "Big Apple" leather newsboy hat on my head. I looked in the mirror and liked the look. As I entered Kay's all eyes were on me. I was greeted warmly by all the staff. Two young women clerks (20's) and a male clerk (late 40's) welcomed me and asked how he could help me. I told him that I was here to pick up a repair. One of the women clerks went to get it for me. The other two clerks came out from behind the counter to take a closer look at what I was wearing. Everyone that works at Kay's, knows that I like to wear heels. They both commented that they liked my look tonight, especially my shinny leggings and heeled booties. The other clerk returned with my repair and she said "you look hot tonight". I thanked her for the comment and as usual we started discussing heels. Both women clerks were in heels.one had a pair of of 4" black stiletto pumps and the other had a pair of black wedge 3" heels. I told them that I liked their heels and they both looked very nice. At that point the male clerk said "what about my shoes". I said they were nice. He was wearing a cuban heel type of boot. I know that he wears heels too, but not in the store as per rules of the company. The store manager is ok with men wearing heels, but company rules prevail. After a nice 10-15 minute discussion of heeling and fashion, it was time to go. Before I left the male clerk asked about HHP. I told him about our site some time ago and he misplaced the information. This time he wrote it down. He also said that he knows two other male heelers in the area, but they are closet heelers. I told him that we all should get together some time, to discuss heels and to wear them. He said that I would be an inspiration to them, because I am able to wear heels so openly. I thanked him for that compliment and told him that the more you wear heels the more comfortable it becomes to wear them. I thoroughly enjoyed myself out heeling tonight. You never know when you might meet up with another heeler! I am including a couple of pics of what I wore tonight, minus my leather jacket and cap. Happy Heeling, bluejaypost-2962-0-55231100-1358391512_thumb.jppost-2962-0-49183600-1358391573_thumb.jp

Nice legs bluejay! The boots would be better with less form fitting pant such as trousers. The shaft of the boot looks enormous compared to your leg. IMO, they look out of balance. If the boot shaft wasn't so large, I'd like this look.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Given the cold, do you think some legwarmers (off-white or black) peeping out over the tops of the boots would work?

Yes, they'll help soften the transition between the leggings and the boots.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Nice legs bluejay! The boots would be better with less form fitting pant such as trousers. The shaft of the boot looks enormous compared to your leg. IMO, they look out of balance. If the boot shaft wasn't so large, I'd like this look.

Shafted, Thanks for your compliment about my legs. My wife always says that my legs look nicer than hers, but her's look good to me. I also have been complimented on my legs from the girl that does my pedi for me at the nail shop. She says that my legs are as nice and soft as many women. I really took that as a great compliment.

As far as the boots go, yes they may look a bit big above my slender ankles, but I have been complimented that they look nice on me by many women who have seen me wearing them. The women at Kay's liked my look and I will be back there tonight to check out another repair for my wife and I plan to wear my Nine West booties with my new Hue denim Jeggings, which I got yesterday, so I will ask the women what they think and mention your comment to them. I also went to DSW shoe and looked at a size 8 in that same style of Nine West bootie (Style # 7Riffle), measured the circumference at the top and it was 1/2" shorter than my size 11. A sales clerk, working there put on the size 8 (She was wearing a long skirt) and the look was the same on her as on me. She said that's the style of that boot and that look is ok with her. I thanked her for the opinion. I am happy with the look too.

SleekHeels, as far as wearing leg warmers with those boots, I really don't like the look of leg warmers on women, so I know that I won't like that look on me either.

Shafted and SleekHeels, thanks for your comments, I appreciate them! I am awaiting a new pair of Nine West Knee boots today (ScapeGoat is the model name). I will post some pics of them with my shinny leggings to see how they look. I have a pair of Nine West Stiletto heel knee boots that are also wide at the top of the shaft on me. I hope the new Nine West boots will have a flattering look on my legs.

Happy heeling,

Bluejay