Heeling with bluejay

bluejay

Tuesday night heeling! Tonight I had to do a couple of errands and decided to make it a heeling event. I wore my DKNY women's black skinny jeans, tucked inside my Aersoles black knee, boots with a 3" block heel, black thigh-hi hose, with a red Izod polo shirt and my light weight leather jacket and my black leather newsboy hat. I also wore my usual assortment of jewelery. My first stop was to Kohl's Dept. store to pay my charge card payment. It was about 8:30 pm and the store parking lot looked rather empty. I entered the store full of confidence about my appearance and walked to the rear office to make the payment. I passed a couple on the way. The woman about 40ish did take a good look at me, I sensed that. We passed and I heard her say," Did you see his boots?" I didn't hear a comment from her male companion. I walked up to the counter, the woman clerk took my payment, thanked me and I walked away. I sensed she was looking at me but I kept on walking. I did pass two other store employees but I think they were too busy with their work to notice me. I went to the men's dept. to brouse. I saw a red check pattern dress shirt something that I have been looking for a few months now to wear with my new red leather blazer that I got last fall. I found my size and it was on sale for $19.99, reg cost was $39.50. I also looked at Dockers string color pants. After my recent purchase of the Born Tan colored mules from DSW with 4" stacked heel, I wanted a longer length of that color of pants to wear. I found my size and they were also were on sale for 50% off the reg. price of $55.00. I was not sure if there were coupons for additional discounts today as I had not checked my e-mail before going out, So I went to look for a clerk to ask about coupons. I encountered a woman adjusting one of the men's shirt displays. I asked her if there were coupons valid today. She said yes 20% off if you use your Kohl's charge. As she finished talking I noticed her glancing down at my legs and boots. I said thanks and went back to my brousing in the men's dept. After a few minutes I decided to check out, as I was walking to the check- out line I passed two girls in their twenties, one was pushing a baby stroller. They looked me over, but again no sign of approval or disapproval as to what I was wearing. I reached the check-out line and I noticed that the same clerk was at the register that I had asked about the discount coupons. She rang up the sale took the extra 20% off and said to me " you forgot your coupon card , so I processed it for you". I said thanks. As I started to walk away she said to me, " I like your look tonight, especially the boots and skinny jeans, you don't see many men wearing that look but you look very nice tonight and you walk great in the heeled boots that you have on". I thanked her for her comments. I said yes," I like the look of skinny jeans tucked into my boots and I do like to make fashion statements". She replied that the look of the skinny jeans tucked into boots did not have to be a women's only thing. She also said that she has seen other men with jeans tucked in their boots but I was the first man to wear heels with that look. She qualified that with men wearing riding boots or cowboy/western style of boots. I thanked her and said that I ofter wear heeled footwear out and I like to wear heels. I also said my wife approves of my choice in footwear and in fact we have matching shoes that we sometimes wear out together. She said that was okay with her. I said good-night and walked out the door to my car. I had one more stop to make to stop at a supermarket to pick up some things that my wife requested. This is not the same store the I shop at on Sunday mornings. I picked up the items on my list and went to the check-out. The cashier who often waits on me at night was there. After she processed my order and I had paid her she said to me," I like your boots with the jeans tucked inside". (she has seen me in heels before) I thanked her for her positive comments. I said that she was the second woman to comment on my jeans tucked inside my boots tonight. As I left the store, I saw a floor cleaner (male about 20ish) staring at me. No comments. I smiled and said to him "have a good night". I exited the store and drove home. I had a very nice evening wearing my heels with my skinny jeans tucked inside. So you guys that are hesitant about doing that look, just go do it and look confident about it! Happy Heeling, bluejay

High heeled boots over skinny jeans is a great look. After trying it myself, I'm hooked! The combination can really show off what great legs we guys can have. It has become a staple look for fall, winter and spring for me. I usually reserve my pumps and slacks look for the warm weather. Isn't it funny how some people just don't know how to respond to a guy in high heels or high heels and skinny jeans for that matter?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

High heeled boots over skinny jeans is a great look. After trying it myself, I'm hooked! The combination can really show off what great legs we guys can have. It has become a staple look for fall, winter and spring for me. I usually reserve my pumps and slacks look for the warm weather.

Isn't it funny how some people just don't know how to respond to a guy in high heels or high heels and skinny jeans for that matter?

Thanks Shafted. I also have become to like the look of skinny jeans tucked in my boots. Even my wife commented last night that I looked great with that look. I have only gone out in public a few times with that look with my block heeled boots. I hope to step it up a notch with my Nine West 4 1/2" stiletto heeled boots soon.

Happy Heeling,

Bluejay

I might have to try the whole skinnies-inside-boots thing.

By all means, give it a go! It's a great look! I'm sure you'll enjoy it, then wonder why you didn't do it sooner! Heh!

Meanwhile, big props to you, bluejay on your latest outing. Bravo!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

By all means, give it a go! It's a great look! I'm sure you'll enjoy it, then wonder why you didn't do it sooner! Heh!

Meanwhile, big props to you, bluejay on your latest outing. Bravo!

Thanks, JeffB for your comments. Coming from you that means a lot to me. Hope to see some of your posts and pics soon.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

A Saturday night in heels. I had to go to Kay's Jewelers to get a watch battery. (Life time guarantee after you buy the first). The clerks in Kay's see me in heels often. Tonite I chose , dark brown Dockers, with a heather tan Izod polo shirt, tan light weight jacket and paired my new "Born" tan colored, mules with a 4" stacked heel and coffee colored knee-hi hose and as always lots of jewelery. I entered the store and was promptly greeted by name. I am on a first name basis with all the clerks and the manager. Another one of the woman clerks came out and said " let's see your jewelery and heels". I promptly obliged. I lifted my pant leg to show off my heeled mules, She then said "I like them and where did you get them? I replied they were "Born" from DSW Shoes. Then she said "mind if I try them on"? Since it was the day before Easter there was no else in the store I said ok but I want to try on yours. What's fair is fair. Now she was wearing a pair of Jessica Simpson platform heeled pumps in beige and I said they would look good with my outfit tonite. She agreed . I said that maybe her shoes would be too small for me and mine too large for her. I said that I wear size 11 and she said hers were size 9. I said that I didn't want to stretch her shoes since they were "Jessica Simpson" and I know they are not cheap. She replied not only does he wear heels but knows the brands and was right on when I said her shoes were" Jessica Simpson". I slipped off my mules and she slipped her shoes off and put mine on. I stood there in my stocking feet the other clerk said" I like your polished toes". The red color of my toes showing, through the coffee colored hose, I said "thanks for your compliments and when it warms up you will see me in my "Born" heeled mules with open toes, that I bought late last fall on sale, that will really show off my polished toes". Meanwhile the other clerk that put on my shoes, said "I like these very much, even if they are too big for me". I said go to DSW and see if they have your size in the clearance rack where I found mine a couple weeks ago. I also said that I paid a little over $20.00 for them but I had a DSW rewards coupon for $10.00 off any purchase. She said that she would go to check it out at DSW next week. The other clerk that had remarked about my polished toes also commented on my anklet, which I was also wearing and said" is that from Kay's"? I said yes it was a necklace that you shortened to fit my ankle, so it would match my bracelet and necklace that I was also wearing. She said "great choice". I replied " Kay's is my Jewelery store", upon which she said, "thanks for your business". I put my shoes back on and went to the counter where a third clerk had put a new battery in my watch and I thanked her. As I left the store I said "Happy Easter to all and enjoy your day off". They replied "thanks and see you soon". Another nice heeling event! Happy Heeling, bluejay

"Happy Easter", to all fellow heelers! Today Easter, Sunday I chose to wear spring colors of purple and lilac. I started with dark purple dress pants, a new light purple tone on tone dress shirt, with a dark purple tie, a lilac colored sportcoat with dark purple matching pocket square and for shoes I chose a pair of conservative "Giorgio Brutini flats with a 1" heel.( The shoes are men's designer but look more feminine looking, for men's shoes, according to my wife), I also wore a new pair of light purple knee-hi hose with a anklet and my usual assortment of jewelery. This morning I was going to my Church first and then going to the church my in-laws attend to meet up with my wife, our children and our grandchildren to attend Easter Sunday services which we always do together as a family on special ocasions. (This morning my wife asked me to tone it down a bit with my shoes as not all of my family has seen me in high heels, but most have seen me in low heels in less feminine looking shoes, in past. Even my mother-in-law is somewhat cool with my heel wearing and I suppose she has told my father-in-law about it but he has never brought it up). At my church, i did receive several compliments on my choice of colors from both men and women. One woman asked where I shop to get the color choices that I wear because she would like to get some color into her husband's wardrobe. I replied that I shop in a lot of stores and I have my on-line sources too. She said that she always likes to see what I am wearing on Sunday, mornings at church and often remarks to her husband when he is with her about my appearance. I also told her that I really like to dress up and I like a lot of color and do not like many of the boring colors that they offer in men's fashions today! Next, it was off to my in-laws church, as I arrived before the rest of my family , I chatted briefly with the minister(female) of that church. She has seen me on a couple of times in the past and today said " That I was dressed really nice for Easter and my choice of colors was very appropriate for Easter Sunday. I thanked her for her comments. As I saw my family entering the church, we all went in together to take our seats with my in-laws who were already seated. Two nice church services for Easter Sunday, which must make me very holy today. I did also receive some additional positive comments from the other church members this morning. I thanked them all for their comments and wished them a "Happy Easter" After church we all went to my in-laws for " Easter Brunch", which was delicious to say the least. Later in the afternoon we went to my sister's house for dinner to celebrate Easter with my side of the family. It was a great "Easter Sunday" Happy Heeling, bluejay

I think I found another good "blog topic" to follow :unsure: Now, to get to reading from the beginning, cause the Easter reading was pretty good. and I'm prepped to read even more :mecry:

Formally "HHDude"

Sunday, April 15, 2012 Today I chose to wear a blue and navy ensemble. I started with navy dress pants, a white shirt with a blue check pattern, navy pattern tie, a light blue blazer with a navy pocket square and paired that up with my new Naturalizer "Frances" slip on loafers in navy patent leather, with a 2" block heel and navy color knee-hi hose. I also wore my usual assortment of jewelery in silver today including my watch and a matching bracelet and anklet and several finger rings. First stop as usual on a Sunday morning was to church. I did receive a couple of compliments on my outfit and my color choices, but no one mentioned my new shoes that I had on this morning. Next stop was to the supermarket to get some needed items. I walked over to the bakery to show my outfit to the Oriental woman that is always commenting on my appearance. This morning was no different. She came out from the counter and said "I like your blue color this morning, even your blue shoes". I promptly lifted my pant leg to show her my new shoes. She said "very nice". I said "thank-you".Nothing other unusual took place until I neared the check-out line. The head cashier saw me and said "you look very nice today". I thanked her for her comment and bid her a good day. Next stop was to Super Walmart. The usual woman greeter was there and promptly greeted me. She always looks me over from head to toe, paying a particular look at my shoes. This morning was no different. She asked how my Easter was and I replied "great". I asked about her's and she told me about her Easter Sunday and how she took her elderly mother (90 years old) out to Easter Brunch. After I bid her a good day, I went about my shopping. Nothing unusual took place this morning at Walmart. Another nice Sunday, morning out heeling! Happy Heeling, bluejay

Friday Night Heeling I had to go to Kay's Jewelers to pick up a repair for my wife. I decided to make it a heeling event. Since I have posted it in the past that the clerks at Kay's see me in heels often. Tonite, I wore black "MetroStyle" Womens jeans in a cropped length about 4" above my ankle. I wore a yellow Izod polo shirt and paired that with my "Chadwick's" black patent leather loafer pumps with a 3 1/2" heel and also wore jet black thigh-hi hose. Since I was wearing cropped length jeans, my heels were totally visible tonight, especially with the black hose. Before I left the house I looked in the mirror and I liked the look. I entered the store and was greeted by name by one of the clerks. She saw me and smiled to me as I walked past her to the rear sales counter. Another clerk came out and greeted me and asked how she could help me tonight. I told her that I was here to pick up my wife's repair. I backed away from the counter so she could see me in full view. She said, " I like your outfit that you are wearing, tonight" I said, "thank-you". I saw that she had taken her heels off and was barefoot on the carpet in the store. I said to her, " your feet must hurt from wearing your heels". I also complimented her on her choice of polish oh her toes, I said they look great. The color was a very bright pink and it did look very nice on her toes. She thanked me for the compliment. She remembered the last time I was in and seeing my red polished toes when I took of my shoes so that another clerk could try them on. She asked me if my toes were still in red and I replied "yes". Tonight with the jet black hose they did not show through very well. I did remove my right shoe for her so she could see the polished toes. She replied that they looked good even with the black hose on. I thanked her for the compliment. I picked up the repair made the payment and left. Before I exited the door both clerks said, "see you soon". I replied, thanks, "I always like to come to Kay's, especially when we can talk about fashions and other things that your average male customer is not interested in" The one clerk then said "we always like to see you come in because we never know what you wll be wearing". We really like your sense of fashion for a man. I really enjoyed my stop at Kay's tonight. It was another nice night out in heels! Happy Heeling, bluejay

Bravo to you, bluejay! You certainly do have style, and you're clearly not afraid to display it, my friend. Keep on displaying that style, and keep on having fun!

• 4 weeks later...

Well it's been a while since I posted a heeling event, even though I have been out heeling a couple times each week. On Friday night, May 11, 2012 I went heeling to a Funeral Home to pay respects to a long time friend who recently died of Cancer. I wore dark brown Dockers pants, bright yellow dress shirt with a tie, tan light weight jacket and paired that with my" Born", tan colored heeled clogs with brown trouser socks. I had never worn heels to a Funeral Home so this was a first for me. I entered and went to offer my condolences to the widow. I have known this couple for over 40 years. She was very upset that her husband of over 40 years had died so suddenly. I expressed my sympathy to her and went up to the casket knelt down on the kneeler and said a prayer for my friend. While I was kneeling I knew that my heels were fully exposed to everyone that was behind me. There were probably 25-30 people there. I only knew a couple of them. After I got up from the kneeler I spoke to a couple of others that I knew there , about the untimely death of my friend. I did not observe any unusual looks or stares as I gazed about the room. Apparently no one noticed my heels that I was wearing. I signed the guest record an left. I had to make a stop a the supermarket to pick up a few things. While I was in one of the aisles I ran into the son and girlfriend of another friend of mine. We started a conservation about the deceased because the son's father and mother also knew the deceased. I observed his girlfriend staring down at my shoes but I made no big deal about it. (They are both in their late 30's). I said good night to them and went down the aisle to finish my shopping. I went to the check-out of one of the cashiers that knows me and has seen me in heels before. After she finished ringing up my sale she looked to see my shoes, "Nice heels she said". I thanked her for her comment. I left the store without any further looks or comments. Another heeling event even though it was not a happy event for me. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Condolences for your friend BlueJay. Were from the same vicinity.. Ive been meaning to ask.. Do you think our area is rather friendly compared to others? I've never had any issues outside of one at the Galleria and one in the bar district on Chippawa. Neither were bad ( outside of almost being run-over at the Galleria ). JeffB is in Philly and he doesnt seem to have any issues at all. Im wondering if its more the area were in or people as individuals whom have problems/issues/events ' heeling '. It seems as if nobody in our area really cares what we have on our feet.

Edited by ilikekicks

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I might have to try the whole skinnies-inside-boots thing.

I kinda segway'd into that discussion with my better half - - - her reply - - - - "I don't think so!!"

Still wondering how to 'eeaaassee' into it differently

Condolences for your friend BlueJay.

Were from the same vicinity.. Ive been meaning to ask.. Do you think our area is rather friendly compared to others?

I've never had any issues outside of one at the Galleria and one in the bar district on Chippawa. Neither were bad ( outside of almost being run-over at the Galleria ).

JeffB is in Philly and he doesnt seem to have any issues at all.

Im wondering if its more the area were in or people as individuals whom have problems/issues/events ' heeling '.

It seems as if nobody in our area really cares what we have on our feet.

I was just in your 'neck of the woods' last weekend. I'm wondering if having so many tourists in the area helps a bit being as there are so many diverse cultures arriving to see Niagara falls.

Ilikekicks, I am sure your statements are true. With all the heeling I have done, I have had stares, a few doubletakes, but only one negative comment from some macho guy in Lowes who was wearing cowboy boots who said something about my pretty shoes, when I countered him with the earring he was wearing. That ended that. (somewhere there is a post about that incident, on this thread) I have had many compliments from women on my heels and my choice of clothing that I wear. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Thursday, May 17, 2012 I had to go to Kay's Jewelers tonight, so I made it a heeling event. I wore my black DKNY skinny jeans, with a red Izod polo shirt and my new Aersoloes "Tapestry" red patent leather pumps with a 3-1/2" stacked heel and black knee-hi hose. Tonight you really could see my heels along with the black hose. I also wore my usuall assortment of jewelry . As I entered the store I was greeted by name, as I am on a first name basis with all the clerks. I said hello to two clerks and went to the counter to take care of a repair p/u. One of the clerks came over to me and said "I like your red shoes, they sure do look good on you". I said "Thanks" they are my new Aerosoles red patent leather pumps. The other clerk agreed too. She also said that " I see you are wearing nylons too" She said that she does not like to wear nylons with her heels, especially in the warmer weather. I told her that I like the feel of hosery on my legs and feet, wearing my heels. I said that I wear all types of hosery including knee-hi's, thigh-hi's, pantyhose and suspender pantyhose and trouser socks too. I then lifted my pant leg to show her my anklet in gold which matched my necklase and bracelet, I was wearing. She asked was it from Kay's? I said of course. You shortened a necklase to fit my ankle, so it would match my necklase and bracelet. She replied " I had never thought of that" That gives me ideas for me to get a matching anklet for some of my jewelry. I said" go do it". We continued talking about fashions as the store was not busy and it was close to closing time. I picked up my repair for my wife and bid them a "Good Night". They replied "see you soon". As I left the store I had a good feeling about tonight's heeling event! Happy Heeling, bluejay

My wife and I had to travel to another city, 150 miles away to attend a dinner honoring a friend of ours for his dedicated service to Military Veterans, on Saturday. It was a warm day, so to travel in I wore my black "Metro-Stlye cropped jeans with an orange, Izod polo shirt and a pair of Aerosoles black mules with a 2" block heel. We entered the hotel where we were staying and were directed to the hospitality room by some of our other friends that were there for the dinner. I did observe a few people staring at me , but since my wife was with me (she was dressed in capris and her new White Mountain "Ferry" sandals, with 2" block heels, that I had bought her for Mother's Day), the stares were just stares. We enjoyed a few cocktails with our friends before we went to our room to change for the dinner. We had to dress up for dinner I wore a Dark grey suit with lilac colored shirt and a very purple colored iridesent tie and yes a pair of Mens dress shoes(UGH), but they do have about a 1-3/4" heel on them. The dinner went off fine and we enjoyed ourselves very much. After the dinner we returned to the party room for some additional libation. It was well after 2am when we returned to our room to go to sleep. In the elevator, a women commented to me about my tie and shirt color combination and how nice it looked on me. Then she said "real men wear purple" upon which I said "real men wear any color including, pink", and thanked her for her comment. My wife was smiling because she had just given me that tie a couple of weeks ago as a gift from her. I also told the woman that it was a gift from my wife and I was wearing it for the first time, as purple is a very favorite color of my wife. Another woman in the elevator commented that her husband would never wear a color combination like I had on, upon which I replied "thats his loss". My wife also commented to her " I like to see my husband in a lot of color and the day of the white only dress shirt for men was very passe". We awoke to a beautiful day and we decided to go to a suggested dinner for for a late morning breakfast as it was already noon and we both wanted to eat breakfast before we would leave for the return trip home. Fortunately this dinner served breakfast on weekends until 2pm. This morning I chose to wear my Dockers kahki pants which I have tailered to capri lenghts in several different colors, with an Izod polo shirt in lilac color and my new Naturalizer "Daquiri" sandals (first time wearing out) with a 3-1/2" stacked heel. My wife was comfortable with my look so we left the hotel. We entered the dinner, it was quite crowded today. After a short wait we were seated and the waitress who was very fashionably dressed for this type of dinner came to take our order. Her first comment to me was I really like your jewelry that you have on this morning (I had my usual assortment of finger rings, necklase with matching bracelet and anklet on my right leg}, she continued " I like to see men who like to wear jewelry". I thanked her very for her very positive comments. I was hoping that she would notice my capris and heels I was also wearing as I did have them on somewhat of a view underneath of the table. She took our order and within a very few minutes she served us our breakfast's. The food was excellent. After we finished eating she brought me the check, very reasonable price for what we had to eat. As we got up to pay the bill at the front counter I handed her a very generous tip. She thanked me and said in a soft voice "I like your capri pants and your heels, they look very nice on you" I thanked her very much for her comments and told her that I have worn heels for years and my wife is comfortable with it. I also said that we have matching pairs of heels that we sometimes wear out together. She replied "I like that". I paid the bill and left for our trip home. It was a very enjoyable trip for both my wife and myself. Happy Heeling, bluejay P.S. read about my late afternoon heeling event of the "General Fashion" thread "Shorts and Heels"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another Heeling Event Sunday, June 2, 2012 Today I wore off white Dockers golf pants, with a med blue window pane pattern shirt and and matching tie and a bright royal blue blazer. I paired this with my Georgio Brutini royal blue loafers and navy blue knee-hi hose. As usual, first was to church and then some errands. I did get several comments on my color choices this morning, all very positive. One woman told me on her way in and way out of church, how much she liked my matching blazer and shoes, two compliments from the same woman, this morning. After church I changed into a pair of peep toe platform pumps in royal blue patent (Modo Spana from DSW, that I bought last fall on clearance) They have a 4" heel and a 3/4" platform. I did keep the navy knee-hi's on. It looked fine and covered the open vamp and my red polished toes were still somewhat visible. First stop, after church was to the supermarket. It's become customary to stop at the bakery first so they can all see what I am wearing. This morning was no different. I received several compliments about my dress, but I think my shoes went unnoticed until one of the women said "I like your shoes too" So all 3 or 4 bakery personal looked at my shoes. I thanked them for their positive comments and one replied "We look forward to seeing on, Sundays to see what you are wearing, you are always dressed so fashionably. I thanked her and went on with my shopping. As I neared the check-out the head cashier greeted me (we are on a first name basis) and said " I was looking, great" . We chatted for a minute or so, but the store was busy and she had to take care of business. I went through the check-out line paid for my purchase and headed out to the exit, when I heard a woman;'s voice behind me say to companion, "look at him he is wearing, heels". I turned around and smiled at them and said, "I like to wear heels and my wife is ok with it". Nothing more was said and I continued on my way out the door. Next stop was to Wal-Mart, to get some needed items from office supplies department and some health and beauty items. I was greeted by the usual, Sunday, morning greeter (woman) who never fails to comment on my appearance. This morning was no different. She said that she liked my choice of colors this morning, even my matching shoes to my blazer. I lifted my pant leg to reveal my whole heel and she replied " I couldn't even walk in heels that high, how to you do it?" I replied that " I don't always wear this high of a heel, but this morning I wanted the color of my shoes to match the color of my blazer". She said that I made a great choice. I continued on into the store, it was not very crowded this Sunday, morning. I did get a few stares but no comments. I picked up my items, headed to the check-out. The line I was in had a young female cashier, probably in her twenties. I noticed her fine nail art on her fingers and paid her a compliment of her pretty looking nails. She blushed a bit and thanked me for the compliment. I asked her if she did the manicure, she said it was professionally done. I said again that they looked very nice on her as I left her register, upon which she replied " You are dressed very nice, yourself". I thanked her for the compliment and left the store. I had two other short stops this morning, but nothing unusual took place, about my appearance. Another nice heeling event! Happy Heeling, bluejay

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while since I posted a heeling event, but with being very busy with work this time of year and other activities, I decided to post my latest heeling event. Sunday, June 24. 2012 Today I chose to wear a rather casual outfit compared to my usual more dressy fashion for Sunday wear This being summer time I chose to wear white "Dockers" dress pants, lilac colored camp shirt with a pair of white Georgio Brutini loafer shoes with a 1-1/2" block heel and white knee-high sheer hose. My first stop as always on Sunday mornings is to church. Being a warm sunny morning most were casually dressed. Other church goers are always looking to see what I am wearing on Sunday mornings. I did get a couple compliments on my white and lilac color combination this morning and I did compliment three ladies on what they were wearing too. I saw some nice heeled sandals being worn by the ladies, but those ugly flip flops on most younger women and men seemed to be the rule of thumb, today. After church I changed into my new Covington (Sears) white, wedge heel sandal slides with a 3-1/2" heel and also removed my white knee-hi hose. Now my feet with my red polished toes were in full view for all to see in my new shoes. Incidentally, I also had my usual assortment of jewelery on today being in gold tones including a gold anklet on my right ankle. First stop after church was to the supermarket that I go to on Sunday mornings. I had to make some bottle returns in the machines that collect the empties first. I noticed a man (about 40) putting in his bottles that was wearing shorts and a type of low heeled sandal that was a women's style and he was wearing an anklet on his right ankle, himself. As I got closer I noticed that he also had polished toes somewhat of a beige color. I had to go a machine that was 2 machines away, because there was a lady using the can return machine next to him. After she finished and left he turned around to me smiled and said "Good Morning, nice morning isn't it?" I responded" beautiful morning". I continued to place my returns in the machine and he said that he liked my sandals I was wearing and I replied likewise yours too. I said I see that you like to wear an anklet too, just as I have on, as I lifted my pant leg to show him my anklet. He said that his was a gift from his girlfriend and she likes him to wear it. I asked if she was with him this morning in the store. he said no, but he was on his way to pick her up. He finished his returns and went into the store and I never saw him again this morning. As usual I have to stop at the bakery to show off what I am wearing and to get some goodies for Sunday, breakfast. Several of the bakery people came forward to see and greet me and to look me over. One lady told me I looked very nice, but no remarks about my shoes or polished toes. I was a bit disappointed that no comments on my shoes or feet were made, because I am sure that they do not see many men dressed like I was this morning. I did get a couple of stares from young girls (teenagers) but no remarks or comments. As I neared the check out line I saw the head cashier, she smiled said hello and gave me a thumbs up sign. She sees me in heels often so it was no surprise to her this morning. I paid for my things and left the store, walked yo my car and left. Next stop was to the Super Walmart that I also stop on Sunday, mornings. The usual woman greeter there on Sunday mornings was not there this morning. She always looks forward to seeing me and what I am wearing. They must of short of greeters this morning as no one was at the market end of the store to greet the shoppers. I went about the store making my selections and went to check out. A couple of stares is all I got this morning as I went out of my way to show myself off. I guess everyone was just to busy with their own shopping to notice a man in heels and red polished toes, this morning. I took a slow walk back to my car thinking that someone may notice me and it was a great feeling I had about another enjoyable heeling event, today! Happy Heeling, bluejay

• 1 month later...

My wife and I were in the Buffalo area briefly last weekend on the way back from a quick trip to Toronto and we had a chance to meet Bluejay in person. He's a really nice guy and absolutely fearless when it comes to wearing feminine heels in public. His wife was out of town, so the three of us had dinner out. We both wore our Naturalizer Daquiri sandals in natural canvas color (off-white). I wore long bootcut jeans and Bluejay wore brown dress pants. His toes were polished bright red. We were seated, ordered, had a great meal, and enjoyed the conversation very much. All the while I was glancing in the mirror on the wall behind Bluejay, and never saw anyone notice our shoes. Nobody. That was amazing. After dinner we went to DSW and looked around. A petite young lady (young to us - 30s maybe) noticed our heels and said, "I see you guys are wearing women's heels..." I thought she was going to ask why, but she continued, "How cool is that!!! I wish I could wear heels that high, but I have a terrible time finding shoes that work for me. I have a wide foot but I'm only size 6." We chatted about heels and how we enjoyed wearing them and she thought that was really admirable. She was obviously a little jealous, but we had a great conversation. I introduced her to my wife. Her name was Charlene and she had a really bubbly, friendly personality. We didn't find any shoes to buy, but my wife found a black satin evening bag that she liked, so we did ok. We also took in a couple of outlet shops. Naturalizer was the first one. We looked around, made friends with Danielle, the store manager, talked about the shoes they had on display, our likes and dislikes, etc. Several times she went into the stock room to see if they had a particular shoe in our size. She was very helpful and made several suggestions, but we didn't find any shoes we liked. My wife, however, found ANOTHER handbag, decorated with horizontal strips of various fabrics with animal patterns - leopards, tigers, cheetahs, etc. - trendy stuff. I called it a "roadkill" bag, but she ignored me (smart gal) and bought it anyway. LOL We went to Nine West and looked around. The saleslady there was very helpful, too, and helped me find size 11 sandals in a style with a 4" heel that I found attractive. I tried them on, but they weren't that comfortable, so I passed on them. Of course, she had no problem with a guy trying on women's shoes, and none of the other customers paid any attention. She was very professional, but I don't recall her name. Bluejay, however, made out like a bandit. He found a pair of stiletto strappy sandals in black. I don't remember the style name, but it looked good on him. Maybe he can tell you if he saved the box. The best part is that they were on clearance at $15, so he just couldn't pass them up! All in all we had a fun time together, meeting Bluejay and getting acquainted. If you're ever in the Buffalo area, look him up and get together. We're glad we did and we look forward to meeting him again in the future. Thanks for being a great host, Bluejay! Steve

Steve, Thanks for your review of last weekend. I had a great time meeting you and getting acquainted with you and your wife. What a wonderful time we had heeling together and all the compliments that we got, made my days. If more men would heel more openly, more and more women will come to accept that men can wear heels too and look good in them too. Just this morning in Walmart, I complimented a woman in her mid 40's about the nice heels she was wearing and she replied to me you look good in your heels too and I like your red pedi! That compliment just made my day. Incidentally I was wearing brown Dockers dress pants, off white camp shirt, my Naturalizer "Daquiri" natural canvas color sandals with 3 1/2" heels with brown knee-hi hose which was light enough in color to show off my red pedi on my toes. Happy Heeling, bluejay

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, Just a short post about my heeling tonight. I wore dark brown Dockers pants shortened to a cropped length (4" above my ankle) with a coral colored Izod polo shirt, and my Naturalizer "Daquiri" natural canvas colored sandals with a 4" heel. My sandals are very comfy to wear and I have been wearing them a lot this summer. I had to go to Kay's Jewelers for some jewelery cleaning before I go out of town next week. I walked in and was warmly greeted by the staff. They have seen me in heels many times and they all gather around me to look at my shoes. Always nice compliments from the ladies. Tonight was no exception. A newer girl about 30 asked about my red pedi on my toes. She complimented me on my daring look. I even showed her my little pinkies that I had painted red just for tonight. I keep the nail longer on those two fingers. All the other ladies liked the look, because I wear so much jewelery from Kay's. I made sure that they saw my anklet which matched my bracelet and necklace that I was wearing. We talked for about 15 minutes mostly about fashions. When they finished with the cleaning of my jewelery and also some of my wife's too, I thanked them and bid them all a good evening. I had to stop at Walmart to get a couple of things. I got a few stares and I heard some comments about my appearance but I took it all in stride and walked about proudly in my heels! On my way home I decided to treat myself with an ice cream cone. I stopped, walked up to the window gave my order for a cherry/vanilla twist soft serve cone. I turned around and I saw a woman pointing at my shoes to her husband (they were in their 50's). I walked next to them and said, "do you like my shoes, I love to wear heels and my wife is ok with it too". They didn't say a thing but I smiled and said "have a nice night" and sat on a bench enjoying my ice cream! Another nice night out wearing heels! Happy Heeling, bluejay

Mr. Bluejay, I enjoy reading your posts regarding you heeling adventures. Too bad we don't live closer to each other (I'm in CA). I heel in public a lot - but probably not as much as you - and enjoy it. I mostly wear sandals with heels from 2 to 3 inches. Like you, most folks don't seem to notice or care, and the ones who do notice are mostly complimentary. I wish more guys would heel in public. I have NEVER seen another guy in public wearing women's shoes, flats or heels, hard to believe! It's a lonely life, as you know. Sigh... And it sounds like we both are lucky to have wonderful spouses, I know I do!! Take care... sf P.S. The Daquiri sandals are really neat. I wanted a pair, but the heel was too high for me (but I did try on a pair to be sure - heh heh)... c ya..

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

SF, Thanks for your comments,. I really appreciate them very much. An yes I do love heeling very much and I do it as often as I can. Happy Heeling, bluejay Sunday, August 19, 2012 Today was another heeling event for me., I chose to wear white Dockers dress pants with a black camp shirt, my white "Rivera" wedge heel (3 1/2") sandals and because it was cool this early morning 55* I wore a pair of black knee-hi sheer hose. I usually don't wear hose with sandals, but I come to like the look of it too!, My red polished toes are quite visible too with the hose on. After going to Church, I headed to the supermarket to do some shopping. I did get a couple of stares but nothing negative at all., The head cashier who sees me in heels often, complimented me on my appearance this morning. The clerks in the bakery department also like my look. I got a thumbs up from two of them. I next stopped at Walmart to get some things. I was greeted by the lady greeter that is usually there on Sunday mornings. She was there and looked me up and down as usual and told me how nice I looked, this morning. I thanked her for the compliment and went about my shopping. Nothing unusual took place while I was in the store. Upon returning to my car I did get a comment from a young guy driving by me who said with a sarcastic tone "pretty shoes you have on , sir". I replied I like them very much and my wife is ok with my shoes too. Nothing more said., Oh well not everyone likes to see a man in heels. I always walk with confidence. That makes the difference! Another nice heeling event for me. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Bluejay: Bravo to you and your latest outing. Black and white when put together makes for a nice combination, and I'm sure it must make you feel good when you get compliments on your attire. Keep on keeping on!