Heeling with bluejay

bluejay

JeffB, I still not as confident wearing skirts like you do, but I can wear my ensembles with out any problem at all.

I guess we both have our own talent for pushing the envelope when it comes to fashion. For me, it's skirts, for you, bright colors. The important thing is that we're both comfortable enough to wear what we like in public.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Great outfits, Bluejay. You really do have an eye for color coordination!

Guys, I can vouch that Bluejay really does go out in public dressed like that. He is fearless when he knows he looks good, and he loves the plentiful compliments he gets, mostly from women, on his ensembles. I've been with him several times out heeling together and meeting his admirers at Macy's, Bon Ton, Payless, Kay's, Nine West, and Naturalizer, among others.

Keep up the great inspiration, Bluejay!

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for the morale boost. Yes I do love to go out in really colorful ensembles as you have seen me, when we have gone out heeling together.

The bright colors I wear,does bring me a lot of compliments from the ladies. Most of the ladies that compliment me say I'm a better fashion dresser than they are. I've even been asked to shop with some of my lady friends to offer advise on their clothing and shoe purchases.

I love to shop with the ladies, it's a lot of fun!!!!!!!!!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 2 weeks later...

Hi fellow heelers,

I did get to go out heeling this weekend. With more spring like weather, it was nice to be out and about wearing heels. It was not warm enough here to go short sleeve and in sandals, but a jacket was not needed.

Hope you enjoy the pics.

Pics # 1 & 2 Animal print shirt, brown leather jeans, Nine West, brown peep toe pumps, brown hose, " Rosetti"

brown, cross body bag.

Pics # 3 & 4 Royal blue, v-neck sweater, white mock neck shirt, "Hue", royal blue, corduroy leggings, Jessica  

Simpson, royal blue pumps, with stiletto heels, blue knee-hi hose, royal blue, "Anne Klein", cross

body bag.

Pics # 5 & 6 Red , v-neck sweater, black, mock neck shirt, black ribbed leggings, my new Aerosloes, "All  Dolled

Up", red pumps with stacked heels and black hose, "Rosetti", red cross body bag.

Pics # 7 & 8 Black, v-neck sweater, red mock neck shirt, "Hue", red corduroy leggings, black fish net hose, black

patent, "Chadwicks", loafer pumps, with stacked heels, "Vera Bradley" monogrammed, black, cross body

bag.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

post-2962-0-24239200-1397440681_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-08124900-1397440718_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-63451200-1397440758_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-37970900-1397440793_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-59782200-1397440835_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-81155400-1397440876_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-45127100-1397440950_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-89995100-1397440994_thumb.jp

Hey there, bluejay! Great pics, my friend! I have to say I like #3 & 4 most, those blue pumps were absolutely amazing!

Hey there, bluejay! Great pics, my friend! I have to say I like #3 & 4 most, those blue pumps were absolutely amazing!

Thanks for the compliments, JeffB. Yes, blue is a favorite color of mine.

I don't care for the animal print pattern but 3&4 and 5&6 are really great.

Thanks for the compliment, THBG.

I like animal prints. That shirt in my pic, was custom made for me. I get compliments when I wear that shirt. I also have a cheetah print, women's puffy down vest, "Hue", leggings with the same animal print.

I see lots of women wearing animal prints from dresses, blouses, skirts, coats, shoes and handbags. They all look good . I like that look also.

We all have our favorites to wear. You like thigh-hi boots and granny boots. I don't care for either one, but each of us has our own unique style. In the end we all have the same objective,  WE LOVE TO WEAR HEELS!!!!!!!

I like them all. You have a great eye for color coordination, Bluejay! Happy Heeling!

Steve

Thanks Steve, for you compliments.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 4 months later...

A couple of weeks ago, Bluejay mentioned to me that he found two pair of sandals he really liked, called "Terrace" by White Mountain, one in cognac (really a tan - I would never drink cognac this color - yuck!), and one in black. I checked on 6pm.com and saw them on clearance for $19.99. How big a risk could that be? So I ordered a pair in cognac and they arrived within 3 days (good service!). I put them on and they fit like a glove, very snug, and very secure. They have a tapered by broad heel for excellent stability. The heel height is 3.5 inches. I wrote a review just before last weekend, and didn't see it published until this week. It's here:

http://www.whitemountainshoes.com/review/product/list/id/11888/

But since this web page will disappear when the shoes are sold out, here is what it says:

Outstanding! Review by Steve

A friend of mine recommended these to me and since I love clog-style sandals, I bought a pair in size 11 in Cognac. They fit like a glove, very snugly, stay on my feet very well, and have plenty of padding for all day wearing. I typically walk a half mile to work and back each day, and it's really fun wearing these very comfortable sandals. No fatigue at the end of the day, either. The heel measures about 3.5 inches, the shoe is very stable for walking or standing, and they have become my very favorite shoes for every day wear out and about, with bootcut jeans. I love them so much I bought a second pair in black! Thanks for making them in larger sizes for fashion forward people!

(Posted on 8/29/14)

Thanks for recommending these sandals, Bluejay. They're my new favorite! Only a couple of more months of sandal wearing left, but I intend to enjoy doing so!

Steve

post-4071-0-76613800-1409992727_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-69261800-1409992748_thumb.jp

Glad you like those "Terrace" sandals, Steve. I like mine very much and have worn them out and about a lot, in recent weeks. They are a very comfortable sandal to wear and not too overly feminine looking. I wist that I could of gotten them in the red and navy colors too, but my size 11 was all sold out in those colors.

And what a great price at 6PM.com. I always check out that site for shoes and have found several great bargains over the years there, like last year when I got a couple pairs of UGGS, "Tawnie" wedge heel sandals. list price $129.00 for less than $40.00.

So guys  check out 6PM.com for discount priced shoes.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 3 months later...

Hi Everyone,

It's been a long time since I posted, a heeling event. I regularly go out heeling several time a week, but don't always have the time to post, them.

Since JeffB, has been an inspiration to me, wearing skirts out on his jaunts, I will post my outing this afternoon in a skirt, which I'm wearing out more and more these days. I wore a denim skirt, just above my knee. (I like the shorter skirts, anyway) with brown tights, brown mock neck shirt, lepoard print 1/4 zip fleece, with a brown, puffy look, down vest, brown newsboy cap, carried a brown leather crossbody bag and wore my BOC, brown leather riding boots, with 3" block heels. Only one stop and that was to Lowe's to get some needed supplies. No one really paid any attention to me, except the young woman clerk, that checked me out, who said, "You look great wearing boots and tights, and I love that animal print fleece your wearing". I thanked her for the compliment, as I walked out the store to my car. It's always flattering to get a compliment like that from a woman.

More heeling events will be posted. I promise!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Good for you, bluejay! I'm glad to have been an inspiration to you when it comes to wearing skirts. And it sounds like your outfit was plenty cool. Bravo to you, my friend!

Hey, Bluejay!

Glad to see you posting again. I know it takes time to post of your outings, but I think I speak for everyone by saying that we enjoy reading about your adventures. Just as you were inspired by JeffB, many of us are also inspired by you, too! I'm proud to admit I'm a fan of yours! So keep posting!

Steve

• 4 months later...

Hi fellow heelers,

It's been a long time since I last posted, a heeling outing, I thought that today, being my birthday I would make a post.

Went to Church this AM, wearing white dress slacks, pink dress shirt, with co-ordinated tie, fire engine red blazer, with my Aerosoles, "All Dolled Up" red pumps with 3-1/2" stacked heels and black sheer, knee-hi hosiery. I carried a red cross body bag to compliment my look. I got several compliments on my appoearance at Church and at my usual Sunday morning shopping stops.

Round #2

This afternoon, I went out with a more casual look. I wore white capri jeggings, with a red polo shirt and my BOC, red, wedge heel, slides, (just like the Payless O'Malley slides but in red leather, because the O'malley slides, don't come in red) I carried my red cross body bag and added a red newsboy cap, as an accessory. I liked the look and so did others. I made stops at Wal Mart, Bon Ton and the supermarket. My favorite cashier was working at the supermarket and just loved my basically ,red ensemble. She liked my little pinkies which, I colored in red too. She showed me her red, white and blue mani, which she did for the Memorial Day holiday.

As all good things must come to an end, I returned home to my family, who were all coming, to celebrate my birthday.

It was a nice day out in heels.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

PS: As a footnote to JeffB, with Memoirial Day here, bring out the whites!

Hey there, bluejay! Sounds like you had a good time on both your newest outings. Good for you! And yes, I have two white skirts at the ready for wearing as soon as possible!

Yes, JeffB, I look forward to wearing a lot of white, too. I have a new white jean skirt and I have bought several pairs of white heels, from pumps to wedge heel sandals. I also got a new pair of white, strappy sandals, from DSW, earlier this spring when they had them in my size, that I'm just waiting to take oiut for a walk.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 3 weeks later...

Just a short update on my heeling, tonight.

I wore my new navy womens capris, with a navy/white stripe, women';s blouse, I got on the clearance rack from Walmart. I paired them with my new, Land's End, "Deep Sea Blondwood Navy Stripe" wedge heel, sandals, with two cross bands in navy and white. I carried a navy crossbody bag. The shoes matched my blouse perfectly. I got a lot of looking good comments, from the woman clerk at Famous Footwear and from the woman clerk at the Land's End kiosk, in the Sears store. They both see me in heels, regularly.  I like to go to where I purchased my shoes and clothes to let them see my ensemble, especially wearing the shoes that they sold me.

The clerk, in Sears took my picture and said I should post it, with a review of the Land's End sandals I was wearing. A good selling point for Land's End, she said. I have posted reviews with Land's End in the past, on shoes and women's clothes and they have always posted the review. I always state that I'm a fashion forward male, in my review.

A couple of times I posted pics on the Nine West site and always got favorable comments.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Well done, bluejay! Well done! You do indeed have style, and I applaud you for that.

Tonight, I enjoyed a new adventure, for me.

I wore an animal print, maxi skirt, brown women's long tunic, with my "Rylee" , brown gladiator, 3-1/2", stacked heel, sandals from Target. I carried a chocolate brown, cross body bag.

I got a couple of looking good, comments from the clerks in Kay's Jewelers and also in Walmart, that see me in heels and women's clothes on a regular basis. It's always nice to get those comments, from the ladies!.

Actually, I did a double header today. Early this morning, I drove my wife to get some things, at Walmart. I wore medium wash, "Amanda" (Gloria Vanderbuilt) capri jeans, red polo shirt, with my BOC, "Chandler" red, wedge hee,l slide, sandals. I also carried my red leather, crossbody bag. Wearing the red shoes and red bag, my red pedi went great with my ensemble. I like to color my little pinkies in color too, so I did them in red. Looked great. I enjoyed myself with the two jaunts. The rest of the day, I was hard at work!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 3 months later...

Hi Fellow Heelers,

Just to let you know that I have not dropped off the face of the earth. It's been a few months, since I last posted on HHP. I can assure you that  I heel regularly each week.

Taking the lead from JeffB, I've been wearing skirts out and about,quite regularly this summer. Even though the calendar says fall is here, we still have a lot of warm and sunny weather here.

Hopefully, with the shorter daylight hours, this time of year, I'll have more time to post on HHP.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 2 years later...

Hello Fellow Heelers,

I can't believe that's it's been over two years since I last posted my "Heeling With bluejay" thread. I'm still very much around and I still read the posts and comment occasionally, on them. I'm still very much into heeling and do so usually, several times a week,  but don't always have the time to post.

Just to bring you newer members up to date, I wear heels, both shoes and boots. I love wearing open toe sandals, in warm weather, which shows off my red pedi.  I dress mainly as a male wearing heels in public, but do like to wear leggings when I'm out and about. I will wear skirts out , as well as a dress at times,  just like JeffB does. I'm really into colorful ensembles and I like to match my shoes with the top I'm wearing, as well as a cross body bag, that I usually carry when wearing leggings, skirt or dress and even with my men's wear clothing. My wife is OK with my heeling. We even have matching pairs of shoes that we wear out together. We also having matching leggings, like we both wore on Valentine's Day, black with red and white hearts on and will wear matching green leggings , with shamrocks on, for St.Patrick's Day .

I get a pedi every couple of months. I like the bright reds and hot pink colors on my toes. I get an occasional  mani with colors on my little pinkies and clear on the rest of my nails. For Valentines Day I had my stylist do some nail art on my little pinkies, over my red base coat. with hearts of white and silver colors along with Love and X & O symbols. My nail stylist is very talented at nail art.

I also wear lots of jewelry, rings, bracelets, necklaces, anklets (summer). I'm considered a very flashy dresser and get lots of compliments on my ensembles, especially from the ladies, as I have lots of lady friends that love to see, what I'll be wearing, when I see them. They're all OK with my heel wearing and  with wearing clothing from the other side of the aisle. I like to discuss fashion and styles with my women friends. Fellow heeler,  Steve63130,  will attest to that, as we have gone out heeling together, several times over the years.

Hopefully I'll be posting some of my outings and may post a picture or two, as I've done in the past. Go back through my thread to see some of my pictures. More to come.

BTW, has anyone heard from Thighbootguy or know what happened to him?  Also Happyinheels has not posted in years, since he got married.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bluejay said:

BTW, has anyone heard from Thighbootguy or know what happened to him?  Also Happyinheels has not posted in years, since he got married.

TBG is fine. Had dinner with him a few weeks ago. Still doing what he does, and still playing music. He sends his regards.

• Like 1