Yellow Submarine

Laurieheels

This movie was out a few years before I was born, but I seem to remember watching it a few times. If I remember correctly, and often I do not for things so long ago, did not the Blue Meanies have high heeled boots? Okay, it was the era of peace and love, and quite a trippy movie from the looks of it. I am sure many of the cultural references are lost on me, save for when they are brought to light in some episode of the simpsons or what not. But did these mean, hate mongering Blue Meanies wear heeled boots? It would be strange to have them be so strict and authoritative, yet open to expressive and gender blurring styles. Anyone who can remember please post! I think it could be an interesting discussion.

well, they had pointed toes with some heel, almost as cowboy boots. But since this was the '68 era, the Beatles characters themselves also had block heel shoes. I would'nt call the heels of the blue meanies "high". Anyway, the film was re-launcehd some years ago on VHS and DVD and some previously deleted scenes were back. It is a great little film. Very "late 60ies"...

Your right Mano, the guys used to call them 'winkle pickers'. Many of my boots have pointed toes also, only thing is they have stiletto or thin blade heels. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

I have taken a look at the film and there are heels on quite a few of the characters. The Blue Meanies seem to be wearing 2-2.5" heels, not much, but still noticeable. I will have to recode the divx as the audio is out of sync with the video :smile: then I can watch the film properly