More articles on Heels for men

shirazmn

Here's another one. I like this one more than the NYT's because it actually explains the trend a little.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2061430/High-heel-shoes-men-Would-let-man-wear-10cm-heels.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

As usual the comments are not the best but I think we're used to it at this point.

They stopped further comments before I could reply. :-(

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

Is it the dailymail's common practice to plagerize? This is a word for word copy of the article from geniusbeauty. They also copied the NYT story, but at least thay gave credit for that.

http://www.hhplace.org/everybody/20939-another_spin_off_article_men_wearing_heels.html

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

The fact it's the dailymail dosn't help anything ether. Infact, no matter what newspaper it was, they'd all probably get the same critque. It's sad, that the comments do reflect the comments of some small-minded people, but a lot of people are looking at it from a viewpoint of "If MY man was wearing those", and "Thats NOT attractive!". Now if they dared to let thier minds take a gander into the fact that the two men in the picture, or indeed most men who wear heels are gay, they might find it more accpeting. However to those of you who are not gay, are who are interested in women, I think these opinions reflect whats wrong in modern day society today. I guess in many ways the sexuality of a person makes it easier as to wearing heels, but anyway I digress. It seems a lot of those comments were from women too, but as I said, if they found out thier fashionable gay friend was wearing something like that, im sure they'd all be calling it "all kinds of fierce", and those who wouldn't are probably the kind that we all know to aviod anyway. Unfortauntly, the world is terrible and the newspapers, or more specifically the press, like to play up to issues that get people angry, or can spark any kind of contraversy. The comments of a few stupid people on a newspaper website will not let me stop doing what I love. I do feel like it's very hypocritical though... Women can wear suits, cut thier hair short (que madonna), and basically transform themselfs into men, even if maintaining that femanine charm or not, they can do it and no one batters an eyelid, but god forbid a man do anything that makes his masculinity seem more weak, because thats shamefull? It's a one-way system. People eventually will get uset to all things, because newer things will arrive and such. Sorry for the long post, I just needed to type it out haha.

What Other People Think Of Me, Ain't None Of My Buisness ~ RuPaul

I can understand LiveAndLearn point of view. As I said in some other posts, if you are a slim queery gay guy that behaves as such, then nobody will say anything about you going around in 5 inch stilettos. Curiously if you go around with your girlfriend in stilettos and a men's suit, nobody will care because you are not palying the fool but you are already accepted by someone of the other gender (that, in our society, means a lot). So, the problems come when you try to be something in between. If you are a single guy wandering around in heels without a "reason" and without a certified acceptance by at least another person, then you'll be targeted. If you search for "man wearing heels" on youtube you'll find a lot of videos of (usually) teenagers following a heeler with their mobile. You'll see that the heeler is always alone. I still have to find a video where they make fun of a guy out with a girlfriend or some friends. At the end, I think that society is getting more accepting about men in heels. It will start with queery guys being accepted and then it will pass over to every other man. It will start in a big city or in a modern country, we can't expect it to take off in Iran, but I am sure it will slowly happen. I just wish my ankles will not bee too worn out by that time so I will be able to enjoy my heels properly.

Great words guys. Unfortunately this may well be the real inroads to acceptance at mainstream level, then we may have a further fence to climb to bring it back to reality for all. With the present press cover, that seems to be the direction that they (the press) are instilling. A beginning even if it's not quite what we need. Remembering back to when platforms appeared in '72/73 we where not that positive to those that first wore them during my apprenticeship - same typical comments sorry to say. One year later and I had 2 pairs! (3" and 5" heels). Could I hope pan out the same way. Al

In the comments on the www.heroesandheartbreakers.com link, someone said...

Unless you are Prince (the sexiest man alive) I would not consider this to be a turn on.

I find this person to be a little confused, as they state that Prince is the sexiest man alive, yet don't find heels on men to be a turn on?!?!?!?

Just goes to show that people talk rubbish.

Here's another one. I like this one more than the NYT's because it actually explains the trend a little.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2061430/High-heel-shoes-men-Would-let-man-wear-10cm-heels.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

As usual the comments are not the best but I think we're used to it at this point.

"As usual the comments are not the best"

Who cares just keep pushing for equality in fashion friends, our number are growing each day around the world.

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

I take issue with that last article's (fsquarefashion.com) statement that: "Top names like Gucci, Prada, Burberry, Yves StLaurent, Jimmy Choo, Alain Quilici, and Rick Owens now provide a wonderful range of shoes and boots for men, with heels." I found nothing in the men's shoe collections of Gucci, Prada, Burberry, or Jimmy Choo, but I guess it doesn't really matter, as they wouldn't be affordable even if they did have men's heels. <sigh> Steve