Too big shoes

Robert

I've bought a pair of loafer style shoes over the internet which are actually a tiny bit too big for my feet. They have a heel of 3 1/4". When I sit, they fit perfect but when I walk, the heel comes loose like a flip-flop or a slipper which I don't like with these shoes. I don't like the using of thicker socks, because I don't know how my feet will react with a lot of walking. (hot feet and blisters) Can I use an elastic band inside the shoe or do I have to fill the space (in the front or in the rear) Anybody have advise on this please?

Quite often an "insole" (technically called an insock) will help, as will a heel grip as sold by Dr Scholl. It would be a mistake to stuff the toe as this will put pressure on the toes resulting in blisters and ingrowing toenails and more seriously, hammer toes. Anything stuffing the back will work lose and fall out.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I have size 44, I know I have size 9 1/2 UK and I have been told I have size 12ww US. The width is good and as I said when I sit the size is good too. The arch feels also right. When I stand up my feet glide to the front due the 3 1/4" heel. I will take my measures that I don't hurt my feet. Thank you very much Dr. Shoe. Robert

I've never had much sucess with heelgrips. The flex always seems to always seems to loosen the adhesive. With boots I wear thick socks. I bought a pair off Dr shoe a few weeks ago. He is size 9 and I am 7 1/2 but with some very thick wooly socks they are perfect. With loafers or pumps it is harder to acheive a fit. Stuffing the toes is not a good idea. Any forward thrust should be taken on a wedge around the vamp or the instep leather. Causing trauma to the small toe bones is bad news.