Cutting peeps out of closed black sequin heels!

Sangue16

I am excited to share that I am turning some unwearable closed heels into peep toes! These are 4 1/2 inch Jellypop by Vigoss, a rather inexpensive (read cheap lol) brand from JCPenney. They are beautiful black heels covered in sequins small enough to lay flat, edge to edge, as opposed to the larger sequins that are often layered on sequined shoes and can look like a half-scaled fish after wear. The poor craftmanship of the shoes results in a steep incline without much heel support and most of the weight is supported by the very tip of the large toe... against a rather hard material.

So far I have cut the fabric uppers to show my first and second toes completely and half my third toe for each shoe. I will then hand sew thread over the exposed edge to cover and protect it. They are now wearable! I have worn heels during 12 hour shifts but could not endure these for more than 10 minute intervals until now.

What do you think? Has anyone else attempted anything like this, or does anyone have any tips?

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net

Very interesting. I have thought about increasing the peep opening on a bootie. I think that you have a good idea and if you are good at sewing, all the better. I would love to see your completed work. Thanks. E

I'm very interested in seeing the completed project! I don't have any experience in shoe modification but often wondered how to go about cutting vamps lower to show off a bit more toe cleavage. Please let us know how the operation goes and perhaps a tutorial on the process might be in order.

I'm very interested in seeing the completed project! I don't have any experience in shoe modification but often wondered how to go about cutting vamps lower to show off a bit more toe cleavage. Please let us know how the operation goes and perhaps a tutorial on the process might be in order.

Don't have a solution to your question, but hats off to you about toe cleavage. I love it.