What is the best all around high heel shoe ?

onhertoes

I have $150 and I want to buy my girlfriend a shoe she can wear to work. I know she can handle 3in heels at work so I will start with that. If I can find 3.5 heels I might buy them for her. The last pair she bought the heel seems to wobble after wearing them . She said when they were new it was sturdy. Whats the best in Ware ? comfort ? looks ? Help me out if you can..

Don't hesitate to spend a little more for better quality shoes. Go to the store and feel how strong the heel is attached to the sole before buying. Most "low cost" stiletto heels will tend to wabble after wearing them for a while. For the look, you know what type of heels your girlfriend prefers. I cannot help you here ! For comfort, you said she can handle 3in heels. I understand you would prefer higher heels. But why buying higher heels she would not be comfortable walking with all day at work ? BTW you may want to edit your profile... You made a typo in your location. It says "Unitrd States"...

Don't hesitate to spend a little more for better quality shoes.

Go to the store and feel how strong the heel is attached to the sole before buying.

Most "low cost" stiletto heels will tend to wabble after wearing them for a while.

For the look, you know what type of heels your girlfriend prefers. I cannot help you here !

For comfort, you said she can handle 3in heels. I understand you would prefer higher heels.

But why buying higher heels she would not be comfortable walking with all day at work ?

BTW you may want to edit your profile...

You made a typo in your location. It says "Unitrd States"...

Hi, Thanks for pointing out the typo..I fixed it. As for the comfort of the shoe. She said she was willing to try a little higher heel. But she wants better cushioning in the shoe.

What is a good brand name ?

Hi, Thanks for pointing out the typo..I fixed it. As for the comfort of the shoe. She said she was willing to try a little higher heel. But she wants better cushioning in the shoe.

What is a good brand name ?

You're in the US with a budget around $150.00..?

You can't go wrong with 'Michael Antonio' shoes. They are well priced, lots of very pretty styles, very well made, true-to-size, comfortable to wear.....and available in lots of stores and online.

You should also definitely look at 'Steve Madden' shoes, plus 'Bebe', 'Anne Michelle' and 'Delicious' heels too.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

My suggestion is to try Nine West shoes. They are good shoes with good padding inside for comfort. Great deals can be had at their Outlet Stores. Try their Freda pumps or the newer Barbe pumps. Both are classic pointed toe stiletto pumps. They also have similar styles with lower heels. Also, their Rocha pumps are a bit higher but with a small platform. Still very tasteful for an office environment.

in leather & heels...

I made a list and we looked all over the place and she could not make up her mind. I think it was infomation over load. So tomorrow we are going back to the mall. Thanks for everyones ideas . We have a list of stores and we will get something tomorrow.

UPDATE...We went to Macys in the mall and she found a few that she liked. But then the sales girl came over and helped her with a few more we did not see. The sales girl had a nice pair of heels on so I asked her if she was happy with her shoes ? She said she bought them here but they were $200. She said they were great shoes. My girlfriend put a pair on and loved them. And they had a 3.5 inch heel. The sales girl said she has been wearing hers all year with no problems. Here is a link I found to see the shoes. They are made by Isola and the name of the shoe is Wisteria. It was worth the extra money by the way she felt about the shoes.

http://www.isolashoes.com/Product/Wisteria/Black

I don't know the employee benefits at Macy's, but your example is one reason there can often be a significant employee discounts at stores. Macy's basically got your sale because one of their employees was wearing their shoes. If she had instead said, "I got them at Baker's", your $200 might have been in their register. [bTW you should check Macy's price protection policy. If they drop during the upcoming holiday sales, maybe you can get the difference back.] It's great that she was able to find a pair that she really likes.

The best high heeled shoe is the one you want, in the style you want, and will wear often, try not to buy on a wim as you will later reget it and buy loads of shoes and get rid of them. Been there done that. Only buy what you want and like.

life is not a rehearsal

The best high heeled shoe is the one you want, in the style you want, and will wear often, try not to buy on a wim as you will later reget it and buy loads of shoes and get rid of them. Been there done that. Only buy what you want and like.

The best advice! I have purged several pairs of high heels from my collection and asked my self at that time, "...why did I buy these?"

When I saw the title of your thread - my inclination was a black classic pump style - looks like I was correct. That is a beautiful shoe and I hope she is very happy with them and you are proud to provide them to her. :smile:

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.