Anybody recognize this phenomenon?

yozz

Maybe it is caused because there is such a great number of variables in different places on the womans sh oe - color, style, height, toe, vamp, straps, heel shape, open/closed toe/side/back. Makes sense to me to have one of each. :smile:

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

In my case, it's spot on... Though not with shoes, but I'm a workaholic becasue of my lack of a relationship... It fills the void, and the $ is nice too...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

....How long has it taken 'Scientific' American to come up with that theory....? Most psychologists were postulating the insecurity aspect of hoarding decades ago.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

This may certainly apply to some but many hoarders either lived through the Depression or are the children of people who did and are aware of a time when poverty was very very widespread in the US and Canada and were genuinely afraid of being without. I know of three people, all past 85 years of age, who are very accomplished people and not eccentric, but each one of them to some degree buries amounts of money in their yard or some piece of property they own. They remember when banks failed and are simply a product of those hard times and don't want to be caught off guard again. HappyinHeels:wavey:

This may certainly apply to some but many hoarders either lived through the Depression or are the children of people who did and are aware of a time when poverty was very very widespread in the US and Canada and were genuinely afraid of being without. I know of three people, all past 85 years of age, who are very accomplished people and not eccentric, but each one of them to some degree buries amounts of money in their yard or some piece of property they own. They remember when banks failed and are simply a product of those hard times and don't want to be caught off guard again.

HappyinHeels:wavey:

that's not the same as hoarding. burying money, or even being thrifty is a different things. hoarding is a compulsive behavior. it takes over people's life. things become more important than people and relationships or even family.

I'm just waiting to see "Page 56" for more on this.

I don't think it would be legal to post the article. Maybe they have it on their site. But the leader is more spectacular (for us) than the article (as usual). The article is more about ownership of individual objects and how people value more what they have than what they still have to pay for. Like if you would like to sell a pair of shoes you will want more money for it than you are willing to pay when somebody else wants to sell you the same shoes. They are quoting all kinds of experiments with students and some with apes.

Till recently all experiments were in the US, but now they are also looking at other cultures and find different behavior.

But concerning the leader, I basically stopped collecting stamps and art after I met my wife and got a stable relationship.

Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

dr shoe...being a yank i am not sure what a bollock is...

I've always assumed it to basically be the British equivalent to when we in the U.S. say "what a load of B.S." (bull'crap')... however, Google as we know can be your friend, and well apparently it more accurately means "testicles". Ahh, the things the web can teach you are limitless :smile: lol

It's basically the same as BS in the USA

"Bollocks" /ˈbɒləks/ is a word of Anglo-Saxon origin, meaning "testicles". The word is often used figuratively in British English, as a noun to mean "nonsense", an expletive following a minor accident or misfortune, or an adjective to mean "poor quality" or "useless". Similarly, the common phrases "Bollocks to this!" or "That's a load of old bollocks" generally indicate contempt for a certain task, subject or opinion. Conversely, the word also figures in idiomatic phrases such as "the dog's bollocks", "top bollock(s)", or more simply "the bollocks" (as opposed to just "bollocks"), which will refer to something which is admired, approved of or well-respected.

'tis one of my favourite words, it's versatile and you can get some real feeling into it. Plus I like that it's uniquely British. As for the article, I'm happily married with an active social life but I still enjoy my shoe collection. I'm sure there are some people where a collection of some sort becomes a surrogate for a relationship but I'd guess at them being a minority.