When did you get you first own heels?

Hansi1973

You got your first, own and new heels at the age of...  

164 members have voted

1. 1. You got your first, own and new heels at the age of...

• under the age of 10
    • 10-13 yrs. (beg. puberty)
    • 13-16 yrs. (within puberty)
    • 16-18 yrs. (end puberty)
    • 18 - 21 yrs. (grown up)
    • 21- 30 yrs. (twen)
    • 31 - 40 yrs.
    • 41 - 50 yrs.
    • 51 - 60 yrs.
    • > 60yrs.

Maybe you could answer the following questions on top:

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels?: 22

2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them): I saw them in a store, and I knew I HAD to own these shoes (pumps, black as my conscience, 5 inch heel and they did fit)

3. Who paid the bill?: Me

4. How much did you spend?: The equivalent of about current USD $50, I think...

5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.): In a big store here in Mexico City. I was looking for some sneakers in the shoe department and saw those pumps. I didn't cared what people could say and went to see if there were a pair in W11, and yes, there was a few. Curiously, the sales lady only smiled when I was paying, but said nothing.

6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)?: No. Then I was living with my parents and my father would have died if he saw me wearing that (or any other kind of women) shoes. Now, they live with me, and the situation is the same. My mother, on the other side, know about and don't care as long I'm happy. Or whatever...=)

Thanks! You're welcome...

Bought my first pair of heels at 56 I was wearing the heels I bought my wife at home until she got irritated that I bought them for her when in realty I bought them for the both of us She had no problem in me buying my own heels to wear at home What a woman!

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? 47

2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) wanted heels for ages finally went to get them

3. Who paid the bill? me

4. How much did you spend? 350 euro

5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.) retailer

6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? Mrs knew and was ok after a few days I had to tell the kids and then I could wear them at home

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

• 2 weeks later...

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? I was on travel in Huntsville, AL for business by myself back in the mid 80's before I got my own place, so that makes me about 25 or so. 2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) I was alone on travel and single, and without any of the self confidence I have now. Couldn't decide whether to try and have a life there or at home since I was gone about a third of the time. 3. Who paid the bill? I did, I've bought all of my boots. 4. How much did you spend? That pair was $60 which I paid in cash so there wasn't a trail of evidence back to me! How times change. 5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.) I was wandering the mall there and saw a pair of black thigh high boots with about a 4 inch heel at a Baker's shoe store. In spite of the sales clerk being a guy, I went in and bought a pair in size 10 as that was the biggest they came in. I asked for an 11 and then made up a story about my imaginary girlfriend having to deal with the smaller size. I didn't try them on at the store. And then I struggled with how to put them on back at the hotel. 6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? Oh it was definitely my secret back then. Only when alone at home or when I took them with me on travel. I did carry-on one trip and got a funny look as they went through the X-ray machine. I was a little more cautious after that. I did a lot of business travel for a while there and took advantage to go shopping for women's boots and sometimes heels without worry of someone I know seeing me. Even after I got my own place, I would drive across town to different malls and stores. I have gotten over a lot of that and do have a girlfriend who I can be booted with. Obviously there is more to that story which I'll post in the "who has new boots?" thread. Stay tuned. :smile:

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? 32

2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them). Always loved heels. Maybe i just became mature enough at that time to really wear what i like.

3. Who paid the bill? I did.

4. How much did you spend? About 60 EUR

5. How and where did you buy? on eBay

6. Were you allowed to wear them at home. Yes, the Mrs. was always fine with that (i got it right in the first place: married a girl with non-conformist mind (and good heart), me wearing heels has always seemed to her as a great idea :smile:), and the kids were also fine as i explained that i like these kind of shoes. But the period i was wearing heels at home was short, then i started to wear them outside everywhere.

Happy Heeling

k6ps

Prior to out-growing the heels of my neighbors and my mother, I often wore the heels of my mother, aunt or neighbor.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? 29 yrs 2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) I had always wanted my own heels but being in the military from age15 that proved difficult (back in the 60's) 3. Who paid the bill? I did 4. How much did you spend? 15 pounds 5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.) From a retailer ( no internet then ) Didn't try them on 6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? Only on my own. Wife knows but prefers not to be confronted, but still talking about it so maybe one day!

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? 17 -18 2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) For winter wear 3. Who paid the bill? parents 4. How much did you spend? maybe $20? 5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.) Catalog "Haynes" 6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? Yes I was blessed with extremely narrow feet and gradually convinced my parents to buy for me each winter womens boots - but you know the ugly, rubber snow kind. When I hit 17 my feet had grown to a mens size 10 AAA (Womens 12 :smile:. There remained nothing available for a guy that narrow. The local shoe store could no longer fit me into the usual clunky snow boots for women, size 11 being the largest size they stocked. Mom ran across boots in size 12 in a catalog and mentioned it to me. We order them. When they arrived they were the stretch patent boots popular in the mid 1970's with a 2 inch heel. I was allowed to keep them for snow wear. I wore them 100% of the time that winter - school, church ect. not just for inclement weather. My parents allowed it after questioning me if I was certain i wanted to wear them publicly and I said yes. They had known of my wish to wear feminine boots for many years. These were definitely not guys boots but the styles of the time many guys boots were pushing the heights in heels so I could get away with denying they were women's boots to the few rude people who made a fuss over them. I recollect that the usual shoe store I went to for wome's snow boots said they no longer had women's snow boots for me that a guy could wear and that the size twelve boots they did have were difinitely women's boots - pointing at the white, stretch patent boots in their display. OMG! If I had money and they were willing those would have been my first heeled boots! I did not think I could justify such a purchase to my parents. Thanks!

classic style high heel boots

• 5 weeks later...

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? I was 17 Years old 2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) Well one day i was at party city trying on a costume in the fitting room and there was a pair of high heels just sitting there and so curiosity struck me and i put them on. they were mary janes of at least a 4 inch heel and i absolutly fell in love with the hight and the way they felt. i think i was 11 years old at the time 3. Who paid the bill? My first own heels i paid the bill 4. How much did you spend? i bought 2 pairs of heels total at about 40 bucks 5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.) I bought them online on 6pm.com and i ordered them sneakily with my families christmas gifts. that was how i got them in the house. 6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? Only if my parents arnt home. Lol So actually I have my first 2 pairs of high heels, because I actually bought them at the exact same time and they came in the same package. And I actually bought them only this past october.

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? I got them just within the past few weeks, I am 18. 2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) As a Christmas gift to myself. 3. Who paid the bill? I did. 4. How much did you spend? ~$90 5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.) Online, at snaz75.com (pardon any advertisement) 6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? I am the only one in my house that fully knows about me and heels. So not really, unless it's late at night or no one else is home.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛABΕ

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased my first pair of pumps in 1978, and then my first pair of knee high boots in 1979, I still have them today as memory. I bought them because I fell in love with heeled shoes and boots. I paid for them myself, $32 for the shoes and $68 for the boots. I bought them at a shoe store with out trying them on and was successful in my sizing. Most womens shoes at the time only went to size 10, I was just a little smaller than I am now 1/2 size. I wore them at home while no one was there, and as time went along I wore them driving and at the location where I worked, alone of course. The history! Mtnsofheels

• 2 weeks later...

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? 19 2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) We had 4 days between the final exams and the official announcement of the results and it had become a tradition in our school to go to school during these 4 days dressed up according to the theme on that day.First day was prostitute/pimp (which does not have the same meaning in Germany as it does in the states) and I went for prostitute. I went all out in a corset and 4 inch overknee shiny patent boots (I got a couple of compliments from the girls for my tiny waist and heels). 3. Who paid the bill? I paid for the boots. 4. How much did you spend? If I remeber correctly I paid about 100 german marks at that time, around 50 $ 5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.) Mail order, no online shops in 1991 6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? I only did in secret and not until a couple of years later.When I came home from school my mother arrived at the same time and saw me. She was a little shocked and asked me if I was gay. I assured her that I wasn´t.

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels?

I think I was 31 or 32

2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them)

I wanted like to try heels

3. Who paid the bill?

me

4. How much did you spend?

about €10

5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.)

ebay!

6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)?

I was living alone, so.. yes :-)

• 3 weeks later...

I was 27

2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) Because I started to find heels interesting, I wanted to experience what walking in heels feels like.

3. Who paid the bill? Me

A little over $20

5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.) Physical store, Payless Shoes,

No.

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? I was 19 2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) Since I was a child i looked at heels of womens and girls. When I was maybe 15 I want some heels too. But at this age I had no options to buy some (parents, money). So 2 weeks before my 20th birthday I bought my first heels. And they are great. 3. Who paid the bill? Myself 4. How much did you spend? 49€ 5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.) Online. I bought them and they fit perfectly. 6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? I only wear them when i'm alone in my room.

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? I was 13 2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) I had tried my mum's shoes and found out that I loved the feeling of wearing heels, after a while my feet were growing and the shoes around the house wouldn't fit anymore. So I needed a pair of my own. 3. Who paid the bill? Myself 4. How much did you spend? We still had the Italian Lira at that time, I paid ITL 19,000 which equal to EUR 10,00. 5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.) I simply went to the closest shoe store after school and had a good look around and chose the pair I liked the most. Came back to the shop the next day and pretended my elder sister asked me to buy the shoes for her. Obviously I didn't tried them on! 6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? I was wearing the shoes all the time when I was home alone, every afternoon of the week.

2. 2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them)

I just found out there are high heels for my size and since i always wanted to own some i bought it. Guess i'm a late bloomer :wavey:

3. Who paid the bill?

Sadly myself.

Around 60-70 euro? Not sure.

5. How and where did you buy?

Online.

At home? Sure no problem. :)

Don't worry, be happy - in heels! :rocker: