When did you get you first own heels?

Hansi1973

You got your first, own and new heels at the age of...  

164 members have voted

1. 1. You got your first, own and new heels at the age of...

• under the age of 10
    • 10-13 yrs. (beg. puberty)
    • 13-16 yrs. (within puberty)
    • 16-18 yrs. (end puberty)
    • 18 - 21 yrs. (grown up)
    • 21- 30 yrs. (twen)
    • 31 - 40 yrs.
    • 41 - 50 yrs.
    • 51 - 60 yrs.
    • > 60yrs.

While the other poll is about the first experiences, this one is to find out, at what age the majority got the first own heels. And I mean: heels, that were dedicated to YOU! not some borrowed shoes, not old worn shoes to keep - no I mean new heels for you, that you bought for yourself or someone paid for. Shoes, that you were allowed to wear and to keep them.

Maybe you could answer the following questions on top:

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels?

2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them)

3. Who paid the bill?

4. How much did you spend?

5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.)

6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)?

Thanks!

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? 29 or 30

2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) I saw one of the girls in the office wear them, so I was on a mission to get a pair myself

3. Who paid the bill? myself

4. How much did you spend? $25

5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.) Nine West outlet. Picked up and paid without trying on (ended up being half size big, but went to a different NW outlet to exchange)

6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? Yes, just made sure no one was around

I think I was 17. I always wanted a pair of heels as I have had a fetish for heels since around ten years old. I paid the bill. Must of spent around $30. Went in a shoe store (after about 20 mins of mentally preparing myself to go in the store) and bought some black strappy sandals with about a 4 inch heels.

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? {40} 2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) {Halloween} 3. Who paid the bill? {Me} 4. How much did you spend? {$60} 5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.) {allhighheelshoes.com} 6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? {Didn't try}

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? 18

2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) I had admired my female peers since kindergarten. Then, in junior high when they had the chance to begin wearing special shoes for special reasons and church, I wanted to experience what they had to be feeling. They seemed to have more fun with their walk.

3. Who paid the bill? I paid for them.

4. How much did you spend? $3.99 plus shipping.

5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.) The "Trio of Tiny Straps" were on sale in the Montgomery Ward sale catalog through the mail.

6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? Only in my fondest dreams. They were hidden and used when parents were not around.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? 53 (first borrowed wearing at 10)

2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) Time to get my own and go for it

3. Who paid the bill? Me

4. How much did you spend? £15

5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.) Local supermarket

6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? No specials and yes, I came out of the shoe box shortly after with my future wife at that time, limited wearing out with her.

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? 23. 2. What was the reason? I absolutely loved heels and I wanted to get a pair to feel different walking in a different way. 3. Who paid the bill? Me 4. How much did you spend? About 80$ inluding shipping from the USA to Italy 5. How and where did you buy? Ebay. That was the first time I've ever bought anything there, it was 2001. 6. Were you allowed to wear them at home? No way. I could hide them in my shop's back room and that's why I finally bought them.

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? About 15, early 1970s. Actually 2 pairs in similar style bought within short time.

2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) 2" heel men's ankle boots. Heels like this for men were widely sold at the time. I still have one of the pairs in reasonable condition.

3. Who paid the bill? Parents

4. How much did you spend? Can't remember. They were not expensive

5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.) Shop. Tried before buying.

6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? Yes.

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? Fisrt heels I bought for myself.....at 21.About a year after I moved to NZ. 2. What was the reason: Loved heels and decided its time to get my first own pair.No special event. 3. Who paid the bill? I paid it.Parents or friends didnt know so I had to :smile: 4. How much did you spend? $50NZD 5. How and where did you buy? Bought them at a retailer, wasnt brave enough to try on so I grabbed a pair and paid for it. 6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? No special event,wore them when I was alone at home which happend a lot.

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? 41 2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) I had been seeing some heels I liked in a giant shop and one day I was there a man bought some ladies boots buy just putting them with all his other shoppings on the belt and for the rest there was nothing to it. So next time I did the same with those shoes. 3. Who paid the bill? Me 4. How much did you spend? Forget. Must have been some 30 Euros. 5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.) It was a giant supermarket/department store. 6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? As I was living alone at the time there was nobody to stop me... Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? 23, I think, so that was 1986.

2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) I'd recently moved into my own place and had the freedom to indulge my love for heels and clothes. I bought two pairs from a Freemans catalogue. One pair were patent red 4" stiletto courts shoe and absolutely gorgeous, the other were black strappy sandals, with a small knot across the toe cleavage. They were both made by Bally and were really classy. Sadly they went long ago due to personal circumstance, i.e. not wishing to get "caught" by my partner. It's such a shame as they were like my first love :smile:

3. Who paid the bill? I did

4. How much did you spend? I think about £80 for the pair, they were bought at the same time.

5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.) Freemans mail order catalogue.

6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? Yes, freely, until my gf moved in, then it was only when I was on my own due to the gf being out. Fortunately, she was an absolute stunner and loved wearing heels herself so it made up for my personal restrictions.

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Howdy, 1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? - I was 13 years old. 2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) - My mom only had high heels and I wanted to try some low heels and wedge flats like the girls in school wore at that thime. 3. Who paid the bill? - I saved up the money in allowance/yard work money (not much). 4. How much did you spend? - $11.99 in 1988. 5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.) - I rode my bycycle three miles to a Payless at Tower Plaza mall and put the shoe box in paniers that I had on my tail rack. 6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? - I kept things pretty secret at that time. I kept them in my parents camping trailer. I would live in it during the winter and would wear them every evening. Best, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I bought my first pair of (men's) high heels at 19. I bought my first pair of feminine high heels at 20.

2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) My men's high heels were in style (Disco era). I just wanted to buy the feminine high heels for the fun of buying them and wearing them.

3. Who paid the bill? Me.

$20 for each pair.

5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.) Both from a retailer.

6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? I always wore my men's high heels at home, in public, everywhere. I wore my feminine high heels around the house, mostly, until I decided to venture out in public in them.

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? 23 2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) I brought them because I wanted a pair of my own to wear. 3. Who paid the bill? I did 4. How much did you spend? £10 5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.) I just asked for my size and paid for them (hoping they would fit ok) 6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? I kept them hidden and wore them when I was alone.

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? 19, bought a pair of white 4 inch spike heels. 2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) Fell in love with them 3. Who paid the bill? Me 4. How much did you spend? Around $15 5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.) Picway Shoe Store (kinda like Payless) 6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? Only in private

20/21, I can't remember which.

2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them)

I wanted to try wearing some boots, so I went and bought some!

3. Who paid the bill?

I did, I was at uni and single so nobody else could!

£20

5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.)

I got up early one morning and went into town while it was quiet. I went into Shoe Zone and spent ages browsing the mens section for new shoes for work (Which I genuinely needed!) and then plucked up the courage to go to the women's section. I picked up some black knee high boots and paid for them with the other shoes. The woman behind the counter gave me a knowing look but it felt amazing!

I had my own room and en suite bathroom at a halls of residence, so I tried them on in there and couldn't stop walking up and down my room! I threw them away when I moved out as I was worried about my parents finding them but I wish I'd have kept them now!

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? 18 2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) I lived alone in the dorm of my first duty station and I just bought my first pair. 3. Who paid the bill? I paid 4. How much did you spend? I cannot remember exactly. 5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.) I bought them at Wal-Mart. 6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? Yes I was!

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? 17 I think, it was shortly after leaving school when I had a part-time job. 2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carnival/ hallowe'en; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) I'd been secretly wearing my mum's heels since I was small, then my aunt's when I outgrew my mum's. I decided it was time I had a pair of my own. 3. Who paid the bill? I did. 4. How much did you spend? It was probably about £20 on a pair of black patent courts with four inch heels. They weren't very good quality but they were mine and i loved them! 5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.) I just went into the shop, asked for the size I wanted and bought them without trying them on. Fortunately they fitted. 6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? I wore them at home a lot, my mum respected my privacy and would always knock before she came into my bedroom.

A little explanation before I start. I have been buying women's boots since I was in my 20s (just because I liked to wear them), but only one pair had a heel over 2" and I had them lowered (I was into boots, not heels back then). After being at hhplace for a while I have come to consider something as "having heels" only if the heel is over 3", so my first heels were 4" stilettos. 1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? 53 2. What was the reason ? It was the only option on the thigh boots I wanted. 3. Who paid the bill? I paid for them 4. How much did you spend? $90 5. How and where did you buy? On-line how_cool.com 6. Were you allowed to wear them at home? Yeah… It took a long time before I had the nerve to wear them in public.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? Around 18-19, was only a few months ago! 2. What was the reason? Like many other people here I loved heels, but finding them in a size 12 (mens) was painfully hard, once I found a pair I liked I decided to go for it! 3. Who paid the bill? I did. 4. How much did you spend? About £45 5. How and where did you buy? I got them through Amazon.co.uk!! 6. Were you allowed to wear them at home? In my bedroom I guess because no one knows about it, around the house with my parents? Heck no.

What Other People Think Of Me, Ain't None Of My Buisness ~ RuPaul

I was probably about 30 when I got my first pair of women's boots. I got them from the Salvation Army, they only had 3" heels, but had a sexy strap and were obviously for women. I bought them because I always shopped the thrift stores looking for men's boots with higher heels, it finally occured to me that women's boots were the obvious option. I spent only $7.50 for the boots but loved them and wore them out quickly because I felt comfortable wearing them all the time under levis. I lived alone so could wear them all the time at home, but couldn't wear them for work....

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? 15 2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) felt in love with them 3. Who paid the bill? me 4. How much did you spend? 30 5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.) ebay 6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? only when my parent wasn't home

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? 19 2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) Came out about wearing heels to a friend and how I wanted to try them for a while. Week later she got a pair of her friend which she was throwing out. Never worn because she didn't like that style so my friend sent them me (Online friend). Only knew her for a week before that :smile: She is awesome 3. Who paid the bill? She paid the postage charge 4. How much did you spend? I think it was £7 to post and it was only a few towns down :smile: 5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.) N/A 6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? Haha, I wish. I only wear them when everyone is out and only upstairs. Not a fan of braving the stairs especially with them being wooden (Tried recently and slid a bit on first step. Quickly retreated)

I was 30, had split up with a gf partly because she couldnt handle my wearing hosiery and I was in a "damn the world" mood brought on by that fact and the discovery of fashion freedom men on the Internet. So I bought a pair of 3 inch heels for £30 by mail order which complemented the rapidly increasing number of skirts I was accumulating. I wore skirts tights and heels around my flat to the surprise of my two flatmates. Always male from the waist up and always with what I would call masculine skirts. I'm more stable now! The heels are long gone - worn out!

• Like 1

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? 16

A girl in my class at school wore a similar style (classic 4" black patent courts) and I wanted to feel the fun and gorgeousness for myself.

3. Who paid the bill? Me

4. How much did you spend? £15

Local independent retailer (with an excuse that they were for someone else).

6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? I only wore them in private, and regret that I threw them out in a purge years before the realistic possibility of wearing heels in public even crossed my mind.

If you like it, wear it.

I was 16.

I bought them because I love how they look and always wondered what it felt like to walk in a pair of them.

3. Who paid the bill?

I paid for them.

I paid $75.00 for them.

I bought them at a local store. I went in and tried on a pair of black pumps with a 5.5 inch stiletto heel and the rest is history:smile:

I wore them around the house whenever I was by myself.

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

I was about 19, when I told my girlfriend at the time that I have a thing for heels. We went out and both bought a pair of Pleaser Seduce thigh-highs. We both paid for our own and walked around together in her flat for a while. She didn't quite like the sight, but she encouraged me anyway. They were about $100. I've always loved the sleek look of a nice pair of legs in heels, probably I'm just substituting for the lack of a girlfriend by wearing heels myself.

Maybe you could answer the following questions on top: 1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? After depending on my sister-in-laws Boots for 3 years (lived in another country so only was able to enjoy wearing them when she visited or i visited by brother) I finally purchased my first pair of 3 inch heel knee high black suede Boots at age 14 while on a family vacation in Las Vegas. The funny thing was, after walking out of the store in my new Boots worn over black courderoy pants and up to my parents hotel room; I was told to take them back and subsequently bought a brown suede pair as well; hiding both pairs after that for the remainder of the trip. 2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) Absolutely felt in love with wearing high heel Boots! 3. Who paid the bill? I did with my savings from my car wash business 4. How much did you spend? The two pairs ended up being a total of $150USD 5. How and where did you buy? (retailer: grabbed and paid or tried them on; mail order company/ online; etc.) I was very lucky. the store I selected in Las Vegas, downtown near the Fremont (this was 1971) a ladies shoe store was empty when I went in. The sales lady was no more than 21/22 and she was wearing the same Boots I had spotted in the window the previous day; the black suede knee high Boots that i wanted. She made me feel completely comfortable; measured my foot; and had me try on both Boots over my pants. She told me how "hot" the Boots looked on a man (all of 14!) and she wished more men would be open to experimenting with fashion. When I went to remove the Boots to pay for them she said I should walk out just like I was and hence the trip back to the hotel and my parents room. i wanted so badly to be just me as I was dressed. When i returned an hour later she had other customers and she had me wait so i could explain what happened. She ended up pumping me back up again and a further Boot purchase. 6. Were you allowed to wear them at home (i.e. after of that special purpose)? No, after this purchase and subsequent further purchases before I moved out when I turned 18; all of my Boots were hidden and worn when I was alone at home. When i left to go to university i had 9 pairs of high heel Boots :smile:

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

1. How old have you been, when you got your first heels? 17 2. What was the reason (i.e. special event like carneval/ halloween; because you lost a bet; because you felt in love for them) I always had an appreciation for feminine things as well and decided to start discovering on my own. 3. Who paid the bill? I did, I'd already been working two years. 4. How much did you spend? $10 USD. 5. How and where did you buy? At a Kresge store that was ging out of business. 6. Were you allowed to wear them at home. Wore them in the car or when I was alone at home. HappyinHeels:wavey:

I answered the poll a few weeks ago, but never got around to answering these questions:

1. How old when you got your first heels? Not counting 'borrowed' pairs, I was late 15, almost 16 when I bought my own

2. What was the reason? The 2 or 3 pairs of heels I had were getting old, worn out, and didn't really fit that well anymore

3. Who paid the bill? Me, it was a few months after getting my first job

4. How much did you spend? Something like $30 or so

5. How and where did you buy? Pretty sure it was Payless, I think, it was the easiest and cheapest for me at the time. It was near the Christmas shopping season and I made it appear like I was shopping for my girlfriend, even said something like that during checkout time

6. Were you allowed to wear them at home? In private, sure... I never did tell my parents. Though I think my mom suspected, but never spoke of it. I had a pretty sizable stash of shoes and similar femine items in my room at the time, and Mom's usually know their houses very well :smile: