Shop's stilettos for girls aged 6

Maverick

As a *Parent* would you permit your 9 year old child to own/wear a pair?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. As a *Parent* would you permit your 9 year old child to own/wear a pair?

• Yes, Openly
    • Yes, with reservations and rules.
    • No, not at all

No. I wouldn't. I think they should have a fully developed body and their feet and legs have stopped growing before any one of my three kids -they have already past the age, anyway- starts using heels.

• 5 weeks later...

I watched a program on channel 4 ( A UK TV Channel) called 'Big Fat Gypsy Christmas" which showed a number of very young girls (some as young as 6 or 7 i imagine wearing 4 inch heels) to a gypsy wedding in Ireland. I have taken a screen grab from youtube showing a girl who can't be more than 7 or 8 wearing such a pair of shoes that are high heeled mary janes with a twin ankle strap. I was going to post this purely to illustrate a point but need to seek the advice of an admin as it may be considered inappropriate and i don't want to get myself in trouble or the site admins as it does show a minor in a short dress but otherwise covered over. But people get funny about such things, and rightly so. The video is at youtube and the clip starts at 28:45 if you want to see for yourself. My personal opinion is that such young children shouldnt wear them or some of the overtly sexual clothing shown in the program, its a bit wrong. Search for 'My Big Fat Gypsy Christmas'

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

I too saw the 'Gypsy' programme referred to by barney15c and earlier programmes on the same subject, all of which showed young girls (pre-teen and teenage) in various extreme outfits for parties, communion, weddings etc. Many of the pre-teens wore high heels and, frankly, looked ridiculous even if one ignored the other OTT aspects of their overall appearance (clothes, make-up etc). And many of the older girls were little better (although one might expect - and accept - extreme looks from those aged, say, 15 - 25) whilst the mothers and other older relatives were mostly overdressed, with or without heels. I don't think the overall impression given by any of these characters was particularly complimentary to them or their community and was certainly unsettling at times. As to showing a screen shot, I cannot see why this should be objectionable, in that there was nothing indecent or otherwise dubious in the original TV showing. It is not unlawful to show or disseminate an image of a minor that is not in itself obscene. (That said, I do not advocate that pictures of young children should be made public without thought for the content and the privacy of the subject. But these girls and their parents were perfectly willing to be filmed and have the images shown on TV; their privacy has not been invaded.)

I pre-apologize to anyone that feels insulted for what I'm about to comment. After looking at the picture of the girl in heels, I thought, that it was plainly wrong. Considering the fact that high heels are terrible shoes to wear (or so my girlfriend claims), I don't see any good reasons for wearing them besides making my girlfriend so damn sexy. Heels "lengthens" the legs and perks up the butt. Can't keep my hands off it. Although I love it when my girlfriend wears them, I discourage her from wearing heels most of the time reserving them only for special occasions. Anyways, my point here is that a girl nine years old hasn't developed the features which high heels are supposed to accentuate. As a matter of fact, heels causes deformities of the feet and I believe that it can possibly harm development of the girl. I would classify in the same group the parents who would allow/force their prepubescent children to wear heels as the parents who allow/force their children into beauty pageants. Why not just let kids be kids? There are plenty of chances to wear heels once they grow up.

• 1 month later...

I pre-apologize to anyone that feels insulted for what I'm about to comment. After looking at the picture of the girl in heels, I thought, that it was plainly wrong.

Considering the fact that high heels are terrible shoes to wear (or so my girlfriend claims), I don't see any good reasons for wearing them besides making my girlfriend so damn sexy. Heels "lengthens" the legs and perks up the butt. Can't keep my hands off it. Although I love it when my girlfriend wears them, I discourage her from wearing heels most of the time reserving them only for special occasions.

Anyways, my point here is that a girl nine years old hasn't developed the features which high heels are supposed to accentuate. As a matter of fact, heels causes deformities of the feet and I believe that it can possibly harm development of the girl. I would classify in the same group the parents who would allow/force their prepubescent children to wear heels as the parents who allow/force their children into beauty pageants. Why not just let kids be kids? There are plenty of chances to wear heels once they grow up.

I know you apologized but what you said is one of the reasons men in heels aren't openly/widely accepted - you (and the majority) think heels are to make women look sexy, this it not always the case, most heelers (male and female) wear heels for height, and because they like the look of them.

I have no kids, but I don't see any problem with little girls (or boys for that matter :smile:) wearing heels, IMHO boys/men should wear boots or loafer/Oxford type "masculine" styles and girls more feminine slyles, but not as a rule, just my opinion (in fact most males in this board I have seen in pumps etc look good so maybe forget what I just said about masculinity, lol).

The Sun lies we all know (or will learn one day!) that, but I think that kids should wear heels if their generation is going to accept men's wearing of heels heels should become the norm (not as a necessity, but no one should be prevented from wearing the,). I do agree that little girls in 5 inches all day is too much from ampn orthopaedic POV, but maybe every Friday (or whichever is half day - same for boys) and lower heels or flats normally. As for "Katie" in the picture - she is possibly just another preteen model, She is dressed as most girls do these days, and I say lucky boys, lol, but seriously why does everyone think finding kids attractive is wrong? Age is just a number (Im not saying child molesters are ok, I'm just saying you can be fond of kids without hurting them, just as people can disapprove of say, homosexuality without committing hate crimes). Forgive my rambling it's late here (2:47am), but just my 2 bits.

• 1 month later...

When my daughter was 6-7 she had these boots & they were what she called her heels:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s130/topgeardog/Image011.jpg

She then progressed with age to this sort of thing for weekend wear:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s130/topgeardog/DSC01909.jpg

Which were fine and she loved them. Then these for summer wear:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s130/topgeardog/DSC03816.jpg

She's 11 now and into this sort if thing:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s130/topgeardog/DSC00009.jpg

I have no issue with her wearing any of those (clearly) as long as it is not everyday & in a tasteful way. For example those trainers she wears with jeans. I did tell her hot pants & them were a no no! Didn't stop her trying though... So like all things in life its about balance & perspective.

I have a daughter a few years behind your daughter in age plasmaboy. So far not much interest in heels and my wife will probably do everything she can to not let it happen until she gets to at least 12-13, maybe even older than that. :wavey:

My wife feels rather strongly that girls with feet and bodies still developing should not be in heels. I agree with her mostly, though I am betting she will take that strictness a lot further than I will be willing to. Right around the time daughters start to rebel, lets say 12 (+/-), I am betting there will be some conflict about it around my house. I would probably be ok with my daughter wearing moderate heels (3"-3.5"), similar to what plasma's daughter is wearing now, when she does get to about 12-13, and we'll have to see how that plays out with my wife. Should be interesting :)

Have been going over this from the beginning and it does make sense for young girls not to destroy their feet with high heels but surly a few hours at a time for special occasions can not be fatal. But what about those cursed pointy toes you know those are bad news at any age.

First i voted yes with restriction then i read the topic again and saw age 6?! I think thats a no go. After 12 indeed if they want to try it why not, obviously not for dayly wear though.

Don't worry, be happy - in heels! :rocker:

• 4 months later...

Agree with newheeler above - think that I'd wait until my daughter was 12 or 13 before letting her regularly wear heels. Maybe if she was 9 or 10 I might let her try some at home, but something more basic, no stilettos or platforms like in the op's story.

I don't think little girls should wear heels until about 15 or so. Today I was down at my local town and saw a women in very high heels very nice I thought until I looked at her legs they were like legs of a weight lifter, her legs above her knees were the wrong shape like bulging to much at the top put me right off. I will be the first to admit I do like a lady in heels and when they can walk around in them quite natural with no problems. You see far to many women in heels and cannot walk correctly. One reason why I keep my own heels to a level I can handle and are comfortable with.

Edited by dww

life is not a rehearsal