Higher heels today than ever?

tallguyinheels

I also have taken notice. Up til now I was stuck in a pointed-toe 4" stiletto heel pump but have also take to the one-inch or so platform with 5 to 6" heel and love it. I did not care for peep toes at first but it seems like they are more open now which pleases me. Good observation E

I know we all share the commonality of high heels in one form or another. Yes, to the thread that the heel height is getting higher. For me though, I find that the platform, just like a standard heel, can make or break the style of the shoe for me. The majority of the heels I have are around the 3-4" range, and I have tried heels with a .5" platform, which does bring a different sensation when walking. I'd describe it as a feeling of floating. As a visual sense when I see (ladies) wear heels with a 2"+ platform, it tends to take away that sensual sense for me. I see the platform as more of a casual look...kinda hard to explain. On the functional sense of platforms, I can understand the attractiveness of a 6" elevation. Since I am short, that 6" vertical boost is sweet. At the same time, it just wouldn't work for me.

I too have noticed that the heels, in some stores, are higher. But like stw8 said the shoes with the higher heels most often sport a platform on the shoe. With the exception of an exotic boutique, I have not seen many if any high heels with a 6" heel or higher and no platform.

• 1 month later...

I too have noticed that the heels, in some stores, are higher. But like stw8 said the shoes with the higher heels most often sport a platform on the shoe. With the exception of an exotic boutique, I have not seen many if any high heels with a 6" heel or higher and no platform.

Actually, after missing a flight back to Canada during a recent business trip in China, I was stuck for 3 days so I spent a lot of time in malls. I've noticed many shoe stores carrying one or two models that were 6" to 7" tall sans platforms. Office ladies would come with their friends to try them on, laugh and then they would leave. One time I overheard them saying that it was too high and that they would look like hookers. At lunch I found the owner eating at a coffee shop so I struck a conversation with him. I asked whether he was able to sell the really tall high heels. He told me that he wouldn't stock them if he couldn't. He told me that girls usually came back alone afterwards to buy them. Dunno why they are so ashamed?

Just noticing in the stores at a mall in Orange County California, that all the stores DSW to Gucci are displaying and (you would hope) selling a lot of tall heels - 6 inch and maybe higher - most with some kind of platform. my little 5 inch heels seemed small in comparison.

Heels are definitely higher than they have been for a long time. Now all we need is a return to some class and style in the designs....!!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

While heels are higher today than ever, does that mean they're just as practical for day to day wear? I don't think they are. I rarely, if ever wear anything over four or five inches since I'm on my feet a lot and do a lot of walking during my little adventures, and I treasure comfort much more over style or fashion. Just my two cent's worth.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I agree with JeffB. I spent two of the past five days wandering around Baltimore wearing 6" heels and found that after just a couple of hours I had to take them off and change into shoes with 4" heels, which I wore for the remaining time that we were there.... Sore, tired feet can drain a lot of desire to participate in activities that require a lot of walking or standing. Sitting isn't much more comfortable until the pain diminishes.

hi ! Also in Europe a lot of 5-6" in the shoe shops, especially peep toe stiletto pumps. Which is higher than I can remember in the last 30 years. It's great to watch girls wearing them. I haven't tried those myself, and I have my doubts if I could handle them. But I am very curious how it feels to walk on 6". At home I can handle 4" but on the street I don't feel secure enough. But I have been out in 3" several times.

love to watch them on cute girls, love to wear them myself