barney15c

What kind of boots do you like?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of boots do you like?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE zip up knee high and thigh high boots.

I really don't like ankle booties. I don't like zips on the outside of the leg, down the back or the front and I really don't like lace up boots. Lace up boots look amazing from the back because you can mould them to the shape of your leg but I don't like the view from the front, maybe if there was some way to hide the laces I would like them more.

I like boots with buckles and sort of fastening straps but not on the foot, it must be from the ankle up but I find these kinds of boots ultra feminine and so I leave them to the ladies.

That's my opinion, wear the boots that YOU love though!

Having boots in many styles zips, lace ups and pull ons, I like them all but in my collection my favorites boots are lace ups, Fluevog "Grand National" a pony boot and a 5" thigh high lace up! But there are so many boots, and not enough time in life to experience them all, but I could die trying too! Mtnsofheels

Kinda on my "to-get" list are some knee high lace up boots, lace up front or back, black or white. It depends on what I find. When I was very young, I remember girls wearing white lace up gogo boots, and I knew right then I always would like those. I also remember seeing a woman on the street with floor length hair wearing black knee high's (with a stiletto heel to keep her hair off the ground) with laces running up the back. Those looked very good, with the laces bearing a few bits of her hair that had gotten caught. I wear a woman's 10, but my calf muscles are rather big. I'm wondering if that will cause a fitting issue?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Zipped are my favourites (I think zips can give a nicer fit with leather boots), but I do have some pull-ons styles I like too. I've never tried lace-up boots but if I saw a style I really liked I'd give them a try.

If you like it, wear it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have always liked the zip up knee high boots. I total I have 8 pairs of knee high boots and one pair over the knee. The heel heights is from 3” to 5.5”. The picture in the avatar is my favorite boots. They are from Nine West in size 12M and out of leather in dark brown. The other boots I have are from Pleaser (Over the Knee), Payless and Neutralizer. I will attach some pictures.

Picture #1: Nine West

Picture #2 : Payless

Picture #4: Pleaser 8899 OTK

Picture #5: Please, I don't remember the name, sorry

Carly

That's a great selection that you there Carly !

Pull-on boots tend to be large around the ankles if they are leather, so I don´t like them so much. Knee-high zip-up boots are great, especially if the zip goes all the way up - it´s a lovely feeling when the zip reaches the top and the boot fits snugly around the leg. But I think lace-ups provide the best fit. I´m still looking for the right pair of lace-up stiletto knee-high boots, but I have a lovely pair of flat (2cm heel) knee-high lace-ups which I have for everyday wear.

• 4 weeks later...

Personally, I prefer zipped or pull-on boots. I like the simple looks of a pair of long leather shafts without the "disturbance" of laces or decorations. I really don't like laces or buckles on boots. But as I already mentioned, that is just my humble personal opinion and everyone is invited to disagree :unsure:. The advantage of zipped boots is a better, snugger fit especially around the ankles.

I like zipped boots because of the ease in getting them on and off. Yes, I know I'm being overly practical, but as another contributor posted, I like the beauty of the leather to be the "star of the show"!

It's about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of New Shoes!

• 3 weeks later...

I have recently been buying some pairs of ankle / knee boots that are laced with 4 inch heels and cleated soles see picture, what kind of fastening on boots do you like?

I've got those boots but in brown, they're amazing!

I like both pull-on and zipped up boots. For a long time, I preferred pul-ons because of the undisturbed design of the boot shafts. Now, I tend a bit more to boots with zippers, because they have a better fit at the ankle area. Anyway, I like simple boots without decorations like straps, buckles, fringe or decorative stitchings. Of course it's just my personal taste, but for me boots start te be interesting when they are at lease knee-high. The higher the shafts, the better! I really hate platforms and laced-up boots are very much not my thing, only a small lace at the top back of the boot shaft is OK. Then again, this describes just my personal taste. Everyone here is invited to disagree :happy:

I can't vote on this because I have no one special preference. Although I will only buy leather boots. I just purchased a pair of 4" stacked knee high black leather boots with round toe that i wore out with date all day and half the night. I have everything from ankle boots with platform sole and 5" heel to zip/lace knee-high (avatar) to a 3" block heel zip Tommy Hill, which are the most comfy. and a few more. I love them all. :)

real men wear heels

I voted laced, but I like a zipper too for convenience. Lacing up knee highs every time would get tiring. I could probably live with some ankle boots that were just lace up though. I just really don't like pull-on or anything that is even remotely loose. I much prefer feeling like my foot is cemented in place.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛABΕ

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...