173 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of boots do you like?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ordered the same boots.

Ian

You won't believe it but thse boots have sold for £102 in a size 11 twice (2 seperate pairs) on ebay...incredible, you can get the same pair for £25 on barratts site even less if you do their 20% off promotion, absolute madness!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIZE-11-BLACK-ALMOND-TOE-STILETTO-HEEL-MILITARY-STYLE-LACE-UP-BOOTS-BNWOB-/200664946985?pt=UK_Women_s_Shoes&hash=item2eb8901929

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIZE-11-BLACK-ALMOND-TOE-STILETTO-HEEL-MILITARY-STYLE-LACE-UP-BOOTS-BNWOB-/190586096540?pt=UK_Women_s_Shoes&hash=item2c5fd10b9c

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Not my first choice but I respect your opinion and hope that you enjoy them. Personally, I prefer a femenine boot with a narrow heel and pointed toe. It is nice that you welcome other opinions. E

I think the question probably should have been, "... what do you like best?"

I voted laced, maybe more because they are less common. Pull up and zip up boots you see almost all the time. But lace boots (or booties), I think it takes at least a little attitude to wear them.

I have both pull on and zip up types. For a tight fit with leggings I have a pair of stretch pull up in black patent looking leather boots and I also have several pair of zip up styles in black, brown, navy and red all with block heels. I recently bought my first pair of boots, with stiletto heels, 4" Nine West from DSW Shoe Warehouse . When I tried them on in the store the store manager who has sold me heels in the past, commented that the boots looked great on me.That's all I needed to hear to shell out the $119.00 for the pair. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Currently wearing: lace up, block heel round toe boots. Though lacing/unlacing is pain, the style looks good and blends in well. Prefer: Zip up knee high boots with a smoother, more feminine finish, narrow heel & short pointed/almond toe. Chris

I have answered for lace ups. This is mostly because I have rather big legs and it is difficult to find boots (especially thigh highs) that fit. The laces allow a little more room. I hope to be able to get some custom made thigh boots at some point (without laces) so they will fit perfect.

As long as there's no zip in sight, then I'm happy. ZIPS ARE FOR TENTS and THE LAZY!!!! The only time I can tolerate a zip, is if it's at the back and integrated into the design. Even so, I'd far prefer some kind of buttoned, laced or buckled fastening. See the attached boots. I saw them in TOPSHOP and was dead certain I'd leave the shop with them (even if they were £100). Then I saw they had a big fat zips down the insides. If they just had the laces, they would be in my top 100 shoes/boots of all time. I love the attached Louboutin Supre Fifre from a couple of years ago. They just have elasticated buttons and no zips... Heaven! I have lost count of the amazing pairs of boots and shoes that I have adored from a distance, then as they came into view, I felt cheated because of the zips. Did I mention that I don't like zips?

post-9545-133522959701_thumb.png

post-9545-13352295971_thumb.jpg

I love laced boots but they can be a pain. The zipper boots are so convenient.

I agree, I really like the look of laced boots, but they are often not very convenient at all. Zipped boots win just for the convenience alone, but for looks, laced I like better.

I really like the boots Barney has pictured in the original post and will be looking to get a pair asap. I have a couple of similar pairs, but they are not quite like those. I really must get me a pair now :smile:

I remember a few years back that you could get boots with BOTH LACES & ZIPPERS. This allowed you to lace to fit and the convienence of zippers.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I like all of them but generally prefer zipped or laced boots over pull-ons because they're more fitted. I have a pair of black suede knee boots that lace up with D-rings, they take a few minutes to get into but they're gorgeous to wear! I also love back-zipped boots but you don't see them often.

I love my knee-high zip-up platforms. I used to have a pair exactly like them but with laces up front along with the zippers on the sides. Really want a pair of thigh-highs with at least a 6" heel.

As long as there's no zip in sight, then I'm happy.

ZIPS ARE FOR TENTS and THE LAZY!!!!

The only time I can tolerate a zip, is if it's at the back and integrated into the design. Even so, I'd far prefer some kind of buttoned, laced or buckled fastening.

See the attached boots. I saw them in TOPSHOP and was dead certain I'd leave the shop with them (even if they were £100). Then I saw they had a big fat zips down the insides. If they just had the laces, they would be in my top 100 shoes/boots of all time.

I love the attached Louboutin Supre Fifre from a couple of years ago. They just have elasticated buttons and no zips... Heaven!

I have lost count of the amazing pairs of boots and shoes that I have adored from a distance, then as they came into view, I felt cheated because of the zips.

Did I mention that I don't like zips?

The thigh high boots are super cute.

I remember a few years back that you could get boots with BOTH LACES & ZIPPERS. This allowed you to lace to fit and the convienence of zippers.

I bought a pair a few years ago, there's a picture on this thread, post 397 http://www.hhplace.org/shoe_wholesale_retail_internet_stores/5243-payless_com-39.html

The opposite side (inside) there's a full zipper. I liked the lace-up style, and as mentioned, the zipper makes it easy to get off and on easily. One problem with the upper two 'hooks' (vs holes): when they are unzipped, and tension is reduced, the laces can tend to pop off the hooks. Not a killer, but an occasional annoyance.

Laced boots, especially knee-highs with a 5-6" stiletto heel, just make the legs look so amazing. I love patent but adore real leather as well and much prefer a laced boot that allows the entire knee to be seen which makes your skirt/dress really pop. Then I suppose there is that whole "lace help" angle...hmmmmm. HappyinHeels:wavey:

• 2 weeks later...

I have always liked the zip up knee high boots. I total I have 8 pairs of knee high boots and one pair over the knee. The heel heights is from 3” to 5.5”. The picture in the avatar is my favorite boots. They are from Nine West in size 12M and out of leather in dark brown. The other boots I have are from Pleaser (Over the Knee), Payless and Neutralizer. I will attach some pictures.

Picture #1: Nine West

Picture #2 : Payless

Picture #4: Pleaser 8899 OTK

Picture #5: Please, I don't remember the name, sorry

Carly

post-14453-133522962398_thumb.jpg

post-14453-133522962417_thumb.jpg

post-14453-133522962432_thumb.jpg

post-14453-133522962447_thumb.jpg

post-14453-13352296246_thumb.jpg