When did you wear your first heels?

Hansi1973

When did you wear your first heels?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. When did you wear your first heels?

• <6 yrs. (Kindergarden, etc.)
    • 6-10 yrs. (Primary School)
    • 10-13 yrs. (beg. puberty)
    • 13-16 yrs. (within puberty)
    • 16-18 yrs. (end puberty)
    • 18 - 21 yrs. (grown up)
    • 21- 30 yrs. (twen)
    • 31 - 40 yrs.
    • 41 - 50 yrs.
    • 51 - 60 yrs.
    • > 60yrs.

I remember trying on my mom's gogo-style boots when I was about 8 years old, so that would have been around 1970. These were white patent, pull-up style boots with heels of about 2" or so. I must have done it on quite a few occasions because I can recall my mom telling me to quit wearing them because I might "break them down". I guess that's because I was heavier than she was.

"It's just a flesh wound"

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I was about 17. Before that it was my sister's and mother's winter boots before I out grew them but those weremostly flat heeled styles. My first pair were 2 inch heels, black stretch gogo type boots.

classic style high heel boots

It was about a year ago when my gf got me to try on her only pair of heels, which were a pair of black knee-high boots with a 5 1/2" chunky heel and an inch of platform. After only about 20 minutes in them, I could walk in them better than she could. She sorta loaned them to me after that because I liked them so much. I gave them back once I got my own heels this past Christmas.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛABΕ

I started to wear heels when I was already "old" at 34. But my story goes back to my early days anyway. As a young boy I had (and still have) a passion for flip-flops and wooden exercise sandals like the dr. Scholl's. Heels did not attract me at that time. In the late 90's I was browsing the Internet about wooden sandals and I found a lot of pics of wooden slides with heels. And the more I watched these pics, the more I got the desire to try them myself. So I bought my first pair online which had 2.5 inch heels. I was so excited that I wanted more of them and also with higher heels. Since that moment my passion has gone wider to other kind of heels like knee high boots, pumps, and since last year, ankle boots.

love to watch them on cute girls, love to wear them myself

Mine started when we had to dress up for the Rocky Horror Picture show, about 5 years ago. My then ex wife did not approve of it all. We got divorced about two years later and I met this wonderful lady that let me wear some of her high heel sandals and well that was the end of it, we have about 50 pairs of various heels and boots. I must also say that we wear the same size shoe and when ever we go out shopping and we see something that we both like, she try them on, as it is unheard of here with us even for a male to try on a pair of HHS.

Im not sure why I first took the step to wear heels - but I remember I was away with my family when I saw a pair of high heeled boots in a store we visited. I snuk back there later on and brought them in a size 8 - (which was too small) - but I could not wait to get them back home. I crammed my feet in and loved it - I have not really looked back since!

• 1 month later...

Same..mom's closet. I do remember trying to make my own with legos and duct tape. I was probably about 8-9 years old and made heels out of blocks, then taped them to my tennis shoes. Didn't work very well but I got my fix. I soon grew into my mom's shoes and when she threw out a couple of pair, I snagged them. Had them until I grew out of them. In college, we had a female mannequin in our room that we dressed in women's clothes provided by girl friends of ours. When along, I could steal the shoes and walk around. No one ever questioned why we had heels with the mannequin. I now have a close full of heels. If I had to guess, almost 200 pair. Not many considering my wife is well over 400 pair. Too bad I wear 10.5 and she wears 5.5-6.

Like many here, it was my moms lumps. I was only 3 or 4. She gave me a pair of red pumps to play with and laughed as I clipped clipped around the house. Lol I remember admiring all the shoes that girls wore as I went through school. Love them Mary James.:) when I reached about 12 or 13 I got into moms closet again and tried her white pumps. Fit like a glove. I was hooked.

real men wear heels

I already had a lot of interest and envious about all those heels in women's feet. Then I discovered that was possible to buy heels on-line. Then I discovered a site in Brazil selling heels in large sizes. I bought a pair of sandals, 9cm heels. When they arrived at mom's house (I lived there at that time) she asked me about the package. I said it was for a friend. I had to wear them when nobody was home. It was 1999. I felt that I discovered the best thing in my life. I was so impressed that the sandals fit on my large feet perfectly. And I felt the best feeling ever. My collection grew up only when I moved to another city living alone. Bought lots of pairs after that.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Its quite funny actually my wearing of heels has stemmed from curiosity after having lived in a family with cousins and aunties so much female influence, I wanted to know why girls did all this stuff(including wearing dresses and makeup), why they like it so much so it went from wearing nail polish to borrowing a friends french maids outfit without her knowing(she got it back), raiding my sisters closet for clothes to try I ended up finding her heels there gave it a try and liked it so all last year I bought myself my first heels at walmart w/ pantyhose, then it just wasn't high enough for me so a couple months ago i went and bought my first *high* heels candies by vanessa hudgens they are the absolutely sexiest things i have bought they are grey platform pumps with a thin leather strap that makes it a mary jane, wearing it as we speak lol every now and then i get enough courage to drive in them and walk around the city so long as not many are there but i want to go out and try them on but i know too many people in this city to accidentally run into.

I voted 21-30 yrs, because I bought my first pair of high heeled boots when I was 25. Tried my mothers shoes a few time being in my teens. Only once or twice, afraid to be caught. Well, how things have changed. I wear my heels - partly covered bij jeans - visiting my parents nowadays. HeelinF

I was about 12 when I tried my first pair of heels. I had decided one day to try them on. I was wearing jeans and nylons and I found my stepmoms burgandy heels. It felt good to slip them on. As i was wearing them around the house, I wanted to feel the rush of "being caught" so I went outside and walked around for about half a block then chickened out and went back home.

Hi, I voted 18-21 because I think the question was referring to MY own high heels? I bought my first heels in my last year at school. The funny thing being that I was always wearing my mothers and grandmothers high heels from a very young age - approx 5 or 6yrs. They obviously didn't fit but I was always wearing them. Cheers Heel-Lover

• 1 month later...

I wore my first pair of women shoes (not necessarily heels) at my grandma's - She had a rack of some shoes that happened to be in the same place I used to play... I thought it would be fun and slipped them on... but it was not just fun, it was a different feeling I will never forget. Then back at home, I used to wear my mom's shoes sometimes, but the first pair of heels was around 12, when I was alone. She had a pair of classic black suede dressy pumps (3'') that looked really great. I remember slipping them on, it was one of the best feelings of my life. Then my feet became too big (she is 9.5 and I'm 12) so it was a while before I had the opportunity of buying my own pairs.

ALL, First tried on heels in 1971, first bought heels in 1978, and first wore heels in public in 2000. I attended my first function (top to bottom en femme) in 2005 and those were the highest heels I have ever worn (Sunset Strip 8.5" platform sandals), but then again it was Halloween! HappyinHeels

A long long time ago in a house far far away, i was dressed up by my sister and a friend who at that stage were larger than myself. They were also 3 years older than myself. The dress up included a pr of mothers 4" heels. I must have enjoyed it, because i tested all her heels during the next 6 months to a year. Then my feet could not be forced into the shoes with a crowbar any more. The pleasure was not to come arround for another 19 years, as my feet grew to a USA 15 ladies size. Finally got a pr of 13 USA ladies sandles with 4" heels.. Showed my wife and nearly got killed for the trouble. Had to destroy them then. Broke my heart, but saved my marridge. 2008 searched the internet for large sized female shoes, and struck gold. Bought a pr of 5" pleaser pumps in size 15 USA. had them for about a year before i decided to come clean to my wife. The same one still. Nearly got killed again. I am unfortuanately not a good diplomat and just came out in the shoes from our room into the lounge, saying: how do like these shoes! It took 3 months to patch up the hole left by the explosion of that night. She still does not agree with my sentiment of men wearing heels if they want to, but she just ignores the fact that i wear them arround the house. I do get a mouth full every now and so often when i inform her that i want a new pr. She always reminds me that i am wasting money, as i cannot wear them when we go out. She will not accompany me, and at 6'11" in 5 inch heels, i cant blame her. Last i have to mention is that i now own = knee highs, thigh highs, ankle, and oxfords (3 to 5"). I also have 3 prs of pumps in red, black, & hot pink (4"). as well as 3" pumps black and 5" pumps white, the sandle in the avatar & brown clogs 4". My collection is still growing if somewhat slowly these days. And that ladies and gents concludes my story. PS: I do not plan on stopping again as my kids left the house more than 8 years ago and now reside overseas. They still do not know and to save the wife the embarrassment of explaining how she can still live with and love me i do not plan in telling them. Mabe i will leave an equal no of prs to my 2 sons in law. That will cause a upheaval at the reading of my last will and testament. HA HA

I wore my first pair at about 40 or so mostly some of my wifes. Started buying my own at about 50 and wearing them around the house that was 8 years ago. Now wear heels most every day with out my wife knowing. Have wore 4-5" heels out several times.

She still does not agree with my sentiment of men wearing heels if they want to, but she just ignores the fact that i wear them arround the house.

I do get a mouth full every now and so often when i inform her that i want a new pr. She always reminds me that i am wasting money, as i cannot wear them when we go out. She will not accompany me, and at 6'11" in 5 inch heels, i cant blame her.

Hi Addicted,

You might find that "mens heels" have a higher "Wife Acceptance Factor" than womens heels.

It depends on whether it's the feel of a heel that you enjoy (which mens heels give) or if you enjoy the fact that you are wearing womens shoes (which only womens shoes will give you). It will also depend of whether your wifes objection is you wearing womens shoes, or the added height they give you.

I wear these "mens heels": http://www.hhplace.org/topic/16407-my-new-miguel-jones-ankle-boots/. My wife isn't keen on them, but generally accepts them & I can wear them out anywhere with her.

Addicted2HH, How tall is your wife? that maybe something to do with it especially if she is of average height. At 6'5" you ain't a shorty by any factor. Al

Addicted2HH, I live nearly the same as you except I am 6"4 without heels. My wife is not in the mood to accept excentricity from me 364 days a year. That left few opportunities to try new things. Most of my shoe collection is unknow to her. I left my wearable shoes in the car and the unwearable in boxes you would never open in the garage. I wear the shoes for grocery shopping or small trips everywhere, except around the house. I managed to have one accepted pair by the wife (see picture), though not my favorites because of their weight and noise. I can store at home and wear when I want. This is also the only one I wear at work. I understand your point in saving your marriage, and I appreciate the way you tell it here. Regards

post-2251-0-94035400-1344009630_thumb.jp

My Mum had 3 pairs of heeled sandals (Beige, green and brown). And about 10 or so I used to wear them when I could, she never found out. Today I have found the green and brown pairs boxed up in Mum's loft whilst doing a clear out for her. They have lasted pretty well over the last 30 years.... Sadly they are 1. No longer in fashion and 2. 3 sizes too small. Spooky I know..... I expected a comment from her when I opened the boxes.... Guess she never found out

My Mum had 3 pairs of heeled sandals (Beige, green and brown). And about 10 or so I used to wear them when I could, she never found out.

Today I have found the green and brown pairs boxed up in Mum's loft whilst doing a clear out for her.

They have lasted pretty well over the last 30 years.... Sadly they are 1. No longer in fashion and 2. 3 sizes too small.

Spooky I know..... I expected a comment from her when I opened the boxes.... Guess she never found out

I would steal them for me and keep as a memento... My mom had one gorgeous pair of 4" red pumps I always fancied... I never found them again, I believe she handed them for charity... such a waste...

Hi Rob,

She mostly objects to my wearing womens shoes. I how ever like the feel of womans shoes and specifically the stilletos. They fit better as i have a narrow foot.

I like the feeling of heels, of course, and maybe you are right. I will look at the mens high heels.

Thanks for the link.

Addicted2HH, How tall is your wife? that maybe something to do with it especially if she is of average height. At 6'5" you ain't a shorty by any factor.

Al

Hi Alsheels,

She is rather short, about 5'5".

This means i stand more than e head above her except when she is wearing heels.

This also adds to her grumpyness when it comes to wearing heels. But mainly due to it being womans shoes.

As I re-read the OP title, I thought this could be taken two ways. The first time I wore heels was before K, but the first time I wore my heels, i.e. heels which I owned, bought and paid for with my own dollars, was in college. I was deathly afraid my roommate would find them and what trouble that might cause. I later found out he was gay, but I still didn't share with him my preference for heels.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

But as it's been stated here many times, there is no connection between heeling and sexual orientation. So what if you knew he was gay earlier? Would that have made him any more or less accepting if you had shared your heeling preference? I don't think it would have made any difference. Steve

I occasionally tried on high heels when I was a teenager as I tried on my mum's heels however even then they were far too small so I had to squeeze my feet into which ever strappy heels I could. As I got older I began to suppress my interest in heels, until a couple of years ago however when I realized the interest was still there. Due to living at home until recently and being worried about my family finding out about my high heel interest I am new to wearing high heels, however I plan to make up for lost time and I am wearing heels round my apartment as often as possible.

• 3 weeks later...

The first time I wore heels I was 8, my mother dress up me as a girl for carnival, and give me a pair of wedges wich were very difficult for me, but I like the sensation. Since them I started to wear her shoes when I was alone at home. Then my feet grow too much and her shoes, or my sister's, were too small. I tried a lot of friend's mums shoes too at that time. When I was 23 I left the family home and I started to buy heels once in a while, and thats what I do now.