Heeling Experience: Wood Heels in Public

LuvyourShoes

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to share my adventure from this Saturday! As I posted previously, there was a Breast Cancer Awareness Walk where the men were to wear high heels.

Unfortunately, I had class (and I paid too much to not go!) so I missed out on the fun. I still went to where the event was held hoping that I could catch the end of the event and still give my charitable donation.

I got there with dark red painted toes, some toe rings, and an anklet... I was so ready! When I got there however, EVERYTHING was gone! There were no flyers, banners, handouts on the ground... NOTHING!!!

Now, I'm not to the level of most of our friends here on hhplace, so I didnt muster the couraage to go out in my 3.5 inch platforms to look for anyone. So, I slid on my black Tom's and walked into the restaurant where the after party was scheduled to be held.

When I walked in, I saw 5 people with "Hunks in Pumps" Shirts there, 2 guys, and 3 girls... (the guys were no longer wearing pumps). After donating $10 , some small talk and information exchanging, I left, feeling a little disappointed. Here I was, at the tail end of what could have been one of my most exciting days of heeling... ruined by the need to be educated! lol

So, I decided that I was not going to leave without taking a stroll in my shoes! I hopped back in the car and drove around to a new subdivision that is being developed and slid on my brown and tan wooden heels (the ones in my profile pic). I felt a huge rush as I got out of the car and walked down the street.

It felt absolutely incredible. The feeling was exhilarating to say the least... I really cant put it into words, but I loved being that high up, with the wind blowing between my toes and my heels slapping against my soles. It is amazing that a pair of shoes can make you feel this good. I walked around the neighborhood for about 10 minutes then got back into my car and went directly to the gas station, where I pumped gas while still in heels. No one was around to really notice, but I really didn't care. I was happy to be free from my own mental roadblocks and out in my heels.

When I got home, I even made a video about them and posted it on youtube! lol... (check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuvO0FsK7Oo).

I'm really excited and nervous about the direction this is going in. I find myself loving heels and other forms of women's shoes more and more, however, it doesn't fit in with my social aspects and aspirations! I'm so torn... I'm trying to be confident about it though, so we'll see where it goes! Thanks for your support!

I felt a huge rush as I got out of the car and walked down the street.

It felt absolutely incredible. The feeling was exhilarating to say the least... I really can't put it into words, but I loved being that high up, with the wind blowing between my toes and my heels slapping against my soles. It is amazing that a pair of shoes can make you feel this good. I walked around the neighborhood for about 10 minutes then got back into my car and went directly to the gas station, where I pumped gas while still in heels.

There was a 60's concept of "high on life". Sounds like you have rediscovered it.

You mentioned that there weren't too many others around to notice your footwear. Except for the ankle chain (as in the video), I don't think anyone would have noticed anyway. Not that the shoes didn't look good, they do, it's just that people don't notice and if they do, they don’t care.

I was happy to be free from my own mental roadblocks and out in my heels.

This is probably the most significant statement on hhplace. The realization that the reason you don't wear heels is mostly in your head. Congratulation on your epiphany.

I'm really excited and nervous about the direction this is going in. I find myself loving heels and other forms of women's shoes more and more, however, it doesn't fit in with my social aspects and aspirations! I'm so torn... I'm trying to be confident about it though, so we'll see where it goes! Thanks for your support!

Always remember to consider the source when you get support from members of hhplace. Most of us are coming from a place the general public hasn't discovered yet (guys in heels) and our support tends to point folks in that direction. Always read with caution.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Men find any excuse to wear high heels ! Why can't you raise awareness of breast cancer without wearing heels ?

You're actually very correct in your thinking. I think breast cancer awareness is important period. My mother recovered from a fight with breast cancer so I support finding a cure strongly.

As for needing a reason to wear heels, again, society has brainwashed us into thinking that "this is for boys and that is for girls". So, guys have to use dumb reasons like that to avoid ridicule. At least that's what I gather from it.

I'm trying to break my own stigma... I just have to be patient, then as you stated, I wont have an excuse... I'll just do it.

LuvyourShoes, You looked very nice in your video of your mules, red polished toes, toe rings and ankle chain, I have a pair of Born 4" heel mules that I wear with red polished toes, and my ankle chain's with capri jeans and dress pants. I just love the look, just as you do!!!!! Happy Heeling, bluejay

Sounds like even things didn't go as you hoped, your still ended up having a great outing. No matter how much you wear heels in private, it's really just such a different feeling wearing them out in public. Even if it's still an empty location, it still can be a big rush. Congrats.