daily heel wearing and the after shocks!

bladerunner

I am very curious to know how many members of this site wear heels every day? to clarify i mean out doors in public and for how long at a time! For the last few months i have been making a conscious effort to heel everyday in public mainly as i got fed up just heeling indoors.I try and aim for at least half an hour but have done all day,depending on my schedule. So far i have managed to stay upright,nearly slipped arse over elbow in westfield shopping centre yesterday but survived! It seems to be taking ages for my calves to adjust,especially on the all day stint i did,i was shattered that night! its amazing how much more you use muscles you forgot existed! oh and the heels have generally been these which have 9cm and 12.5cm heels.

post-1012-133522958463_thumb.jpg

post-1012-133522958467_thumb.jpg

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

If my business was such that I didn't have to be on my feet for at least 8 hours a day pounding a concrete floor and producing product in a rough and dirty environment, and if my social life was a little more......social... I'd wear heels more often.. I wouldn't say I'd wear heels evey day, mainly because I like all different sorts of shoes (shoot me-I like my Nikes too..:) )..

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

In the last few months I've been wearing heels daily with the exception of weekends for between 3 and 6 hours at a time depending on what's going on. I'd love to go from morning through to night wearing heels openly at work, socially and so on however that's not to be. Chris

I wear boots (ankle - kneehigh) with block heels (2"-4") all day at work and thigh boots with 4" -5" stilettos whenever I go out. Around the house I generally wear something flat.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I am very curious to know how many members of this site wear heels every day? to clarify i mean out doors in public and for how long at a time!

For the last few months i have been making a conscious effort to heel everyday in public mainly as i got fed up just heeling indoors.I try and aim for at least half an hour but have done all day,depending on my schedule.

So far i have managed to stay upright,nearly slipped arse over elbow in westfield shopping centre yesterday but survived!

It seems to be taking ages for my calves to adjust,especially on the all day stint i did,i was shattered that night! its amazing how much more you use muscles you forgot existed!

oh and the heels have generally been these which have 9cm and 12.5cm heels.

Bladerunner, You have good taste. I know the cone heels are from Topshop, but where are the wood heeled elastic panel boots from?

Love both, good choices for the BIG outdoors. How did you find the Topshop cone heels? I saw a woman struggling to walk comfortably in them a couple of weeks ago.

Cheers,

Ben

The only place I can't wear heels is at work for health and safety reasons but I wear them all the rest of the time. Even my slippers have 4" heels.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I wear heels most days and try to go out in them whenever I can,although its not every day of the week, its most. Next week i'm on holiday with the wife for 4 days, and I'm not taking any flat shoes with me, 2 pairs of stileto courts, 1 pair stilleto boots and my new M&S Tassle shoes, it should be fun. Oh and last week I wore 5" metal tipped stilletoes in Westfields and can assure you that the metal tips and their shiny floors just do not mix, didn't go base over apex but did several good skids and received a comment from one lady who said she could walk in heels in this place either.

I wear ankle boots or cowboy boots with 3" heels to work every day. On days off, I wear high heels or high heeled boots with 5" stiletto high heels when I am out-and-about. I wear both heels and tennis shoes around the house.

bladerunner Add my name to the list of day long high heel stiletto wearers. I was out to Meijers today in 6" High Heel Stiletto Mary Janes. Some 3 hours with lunch and photo work in Meijers. When I got home I put on 7" stiletto pumps, they will be the shoes i wear until I go to bed tonight. Spikesmike

Hi, K6ps wears block, cuban, wedge heels almost every day. At least 2,5'' but most often around 4''. To work, to university, to children's school events, to supermarkets, to night out with wife - basically everywhere. It is very common for k6ps to make whole long days (10-12 hours) on heels and visit various places during that. However, k6ps is NOT wearing heels: - when training or competing (bicycle, inline skate, running, x-country skiing) obviously - in and around the house (except when it is a long tedious homework day or when the children are not at home and k6ps is having fun together with his wife :smile:) - about once a week at work, when k6ps has "flats day". This novadays tends to happen even less than once a week :smile: K6ps remembers only once or twice when he has had feet tired of heels. E.g. after 3 hours of active dancing on 4'' straight after 12-hour work and other stuff day on 4'' (but k6ps is not even sure that this was because of heels)... Happy Heeling k6ps

Hi benno in reply to your question the Topshop cone heels are really comfy to me but due to the hard plastic heel i have to be careful not to take too long a stride hence the arse over elbow routine at westfield! The other heels are so easy to walk in i often forget that they are heeled at all.They are from urban outfitters £95.00,but money well spent considering they are getting a lot of use! they also come in breige/brown.I bought them in high street kensington branch where the staff were very freindly so recommended.

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

I've been in a pattern of wearing my various pairs of Miguel Jones 4" heeled boots to work every day for the past 6 months or so now. I usually take them off when I get home and switch to clogs most days when staying home for the evening. If I go out, the boots go back on, but usually a different pair that's a different style. There was a time when 4" was a challenge and now it feels normal. I actually have a couple of 5" heeled pairs and they're fairly easy for me to get around in now. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Hi, I've been heel wearing for many years now. I get tightness in my tendons and its hard to wear flat shoes. It always feels like Im walking up a steep hill when Im wearing flats. I am completely comfortable in any situation, in any heel height/style. I usually wear stiletto pumps/sling/mules for work/evenings. Due to my reduced flexibility I own very few 'mens' shoes and a lot of lower heeled pumps/ casual heels now for comfort. As a result of continual heel wearing I had an injury to my left foot, from which it took me 18months of training to recover. I can advise anyone that dedication to wearing high heels has its risks, and the biggest thing I have learnt is NOT to step straight out of really high heels, especially if Ive been wearing them all day. Make sure you stretch your calves/ achilles tendons regularly. I have always been very fit, and fitness does not help because it naturally makes your connective tissues/ fibres tighter, so stretching is definitely the key. Being fit (and not flexible) will likely increase a wearers chances of tendown/ligament injury. I love my heels, and am not hindered in any way by them. It does take dedication to be into heels. I wish everyong else the same satisfaction I get. Cheers Heel-Lover

[...]

Thank you very much for showing the suede boots from Topshop.com - they have really nice heesl Fortunately, they have also this UK-shop, that will supply to Germany, too.

:smile:

I have ordered a pair of model "GABLE" in black, they were on sale und the ideal kind of shoes for business purposes - elegant, somehow "masculin", but also high!

Thanks a lot!

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!

k6ps, does this have anything to do with being Estonian? I've been reading up on the Estonian language, and man that's a weird language!

Hi,

Not really, it's just a way of using language that we have picked up with some of my colleagues and friends, just to make the talk more interesting :smile: So its a kind of slang. In Estonian it sounds weird too, and that's the purpose :smile: I just tried that in English.

Happy Heeling

k6ps