New experience for me.

Beigeboots

I'm at home this week, on holiday and I'm wearing black,shiny leggings, a big navy jumper and 5" knee boots today.

I was working on my CV with my headphones on, listening to music. I thought I heard some one knocking at the door... I took the headphones off and listened but didn't hear it again so I put my headphones back on. I thought I heard the door again and then heard the letter flap so I knew somone was at the door.

I was waiting for a parcel but really did'nt expect it today, maybe tomorrow or Friday, anyway....

I went to the door and picked up the flyer that had been put through the letterbox when the guy knocks on the door again and yells 'Postie' at my door.

I have laminated floors in my flat so I knew he had heard me walking to the door. I could hardly try running to my room to change and then run back to the door so....

I just opened the door and said 'Sorry, didn't hear you, I had my headphones on.' I opened the door wider as he rumaged in his bag for my parcel and made small talk with him about the speed of the delivery. I then stepped out my door to take my package from him and sign for it, said 'thanks' and then shut the door.

It was impossible for him not to see or notice the way I was dressed but I just carried on like it was nothing.

I just kept calm and friendly enough, the same if I was wearing jeans and trainers - no big deal!

I was thinking up a 'practising for a Rocky Horror type halloween party' type excuse but then I thought to myself, 'if he asks I just tell him the truth. I really like high heeled boots mate!'

He didn't ask though

The boots I'm wearing today:

http://www.bananashoes.com/popup_image.php?type=D&id=1052&title=Pleaser%20Shoes%20Seduce%202016&area=C

I'd prefer these boots without the metal studs but I have hunted for a pair like this and not found any. I love this classic boot design and they are lined so your legs stay warm in them, unlike the stretch boots.

I think that the average postie or courier will have seen it all before. Even if they hadn't most know better than to even mention it. I once delivered a consignment to a house where he guy answered the door in heels, he told me to hang on while he just changed his shoes and he would come and help me. We had a pleasant conversation about heels and afterwards over a coffee I showed him this site and he became a member. I won't say who it is though!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I had a semeler experience a will ago. I had to order a new cell phone and it was ship with FedEx. The driver ring the door bell. I was in black thigh high stockings and the boots in my avatar. Also I had on a long sports shirt that goes to my hips. I open the door to receive the box. The driver noticed the boots and stockings but did not mention anything.

Great story, I'd still be terrified to open the door in my heels.

The boots I'm wearing today:

http://www.bananashoes.com/popup_image.php?type=D&id=1052&title=Pleaser%20Shoes%20Seduce%202016&area=C

I'd prefer these boots without the metal studs but I have hunted for a pair like this and not found any. I love this classic boot design and they are lined so your legs stay warm in them, unlike the stretch boots.

I have a pair of Pleaser Seduce 2000 which are available in patent without the studs. They aren't lined, but they are the same shape as those ones. I got mine at Alternative Footware if it helps, but I'd be surprised if Banana Shoes don't have them too.

HighCurious

When I first joined this group I felt really dirty, like I had this terrible dirty secret. Even though the website was about high heels and there were clearly male members who wore heels, I still felt like a freak:mecry: That first message on this site was so hard and scary to write.... Today I opened the door and allowed a stranger to see a part of my life that is very personal. The shame has gone but it's still private, for now.... I wasn't worried if he tried to call me names or anything because I felt calm and confident with what I was wearing. At first I was but then I overcame that fear and just opened the door. I'm pretty sure my brother and a good female friend have begun to suspect something. I'm not ready to tell friends and family about it yet but I'm sure the time will come. Thanks to everybody on this site who have been supportive and helpful! :)

Your feelings are shared by many men here at HHP. I too was so amazed at how amny men world wide enjoyed wearing high heels both privately and publicly. Others here have inspired me to no only wear high heels and whatever I want to wear with them in public, but to feel more comfortable each time I do so. And as far as your family and friends are concerned, be honest with them but don't drop a bombshell on them. Look at some of the previous posts at this site and you'll see some very useful suggestions as far as how to tell them about your enjoyment of high heels.

Great story, I'd still be terrified to open the door in my heels.

I have a pair of Pleaser Seduce 2000 which are available in patent without the studs. They aren't lined, but they are the same shape as those ones. I got mine at Alternative Footware if it helps, but I'd be surprised if Banana Shoes don't have them too.

HighCurious

Hi there HighCurious, thanks for the info. I have a black and a red pair of the Seduce 3000 thigh high boots, same material as the Seduce 2000. Very nice boots!

I also have two pairs of black Seduce 3010, one patent and one matt finish.

The Seduce 3010 are sold as 'classic, plain thigh boots' (check the cut and stitching of the boot) and are padded inside. I find them really comfortable and snug, especially on colder days. I would really like to find knee high boots of this discription and lined. Would go better with jeans too!

I think the matt finish boots would attract less attention than the patent ones, so I'd really like to find a matt finish pair of knee boots in the 'plain classic design'. I would proberly wear them out in public and feel comfortable.

The boots in the link from Banana Shoes have the cut and stitching I'm after, pity about the studs. Would love a pair of boots like this in a matt finish.

The boots in my avatar are the plain classic design too.

I guess the fact that you "carried on like it was nothing" with a "calm and friendly" attitude, and that you dared to answer the door at all, just shows how relaxed and comfortable you felt in your outfit. Well done for finding the determination to step beyond the "terrible dirty secret" and enjoy wearing your heels with confidence and positivity. You're certainly not alone on that journey.

If you like it, wear it.

The more friends and family you tell, the more liberated you'll feel. Once the secret is out, and you find out that most people don't really care what you wear, you'll wonder what all your insecurity was about in the first place. Go for it. Come out of the closet wearing whatever you found in that closet! As long as you feel confident that you present a good image, most people will accept you. Steve

Great tales from all,

I've had a Satellite TV man virtually follow me in doors to swap a faulty box (31/2" shoe-boots) sudden decision to visit the in-laws enroute home with no flat change (same shoe-boots) cautiously hide all.

Our Sundays with Chris's ex in-laws we swap houses for hosting lunchtime coffee (tea please) ex mum and dad, and two bro. in-laws. Heels 90% of the time but block heels at the parents, we have both been banned with stilettos (floor damage).:) One of the wives has a big collection of shoes but she can't do heights so mainly is ~3" ish.

Our kids all know, my middle daughter thinks I'm weird but frustrated cos she thinks I got some great styles and therefore jealous.

My work team all know even though I get lots of teasing.

As many have said whether you show or not out streetheeling it's confidence and not making a fuss about it. Yes meeting the postman etc in something "strange" will get talked about back at the depot just as a part undressed girl willbe. (I was never that lucky when I did courier runs).

The after feelings can be quite a thrill, a real high. Laugh and enjoy!:)

Al