My recent exploits

Waisted_Giraffe

Dear all Couple of things I was in London the other day at the Skin Two Rubber Ball Expo where I had decided to go dressed up. I ended up going dressed in my current black patent leather corset over a purple shirt, three pairs of tights (two brown pairs to cover up my leg hairs and a black 70 dernier pair over the top) a tight pair of black hotpants (actually a pair of my hipster underwear trunks) and my 5 1/4" pair of black patent leather Oxfords. If I say so my self I looked pretty damn good. However I was completely unprepared for the reactions I received from those at the fair. Most comments were from women who commented on how good my legs looked and all said they wished they had legs like mine! though bearing in mind I am naturally 6' 4" tall and have a gents inside leg measurement of 36". I was also asked by a couple of people if I was a model and was I modelling for any of the exhibitors, something that had crossed my mind earlier in the year, to see if any wanted my limited services (a cheeky ploy to get into some gear for free!) to which I told them it was what I enjoy wearing, a combination of my fetishes. Anyway all in all a great afternoon except I bottled it when I left to walk across town, I only got 200 meters down the road before I took off my heeled street boots and put on my normal boots. Oh well, goes to prove I'm happy to wear some outragous stuff if only in the company of obviously like minded people. Apologies for this being a little self congratulatory, but in my current state of mind I could do with a smile on my face Secondly, I walked up into Soho, where I found a number of places selling shoes by Imagine. Has anybody bought a pair of their shoes and is there a website that has a list of their styles. They all seemed to be relatively high heeled / steep lasts, I was quite taken by apair of peep toe sling backs. Any thoughts anyone Big D

Hi Big D,

The Imagine range is made by Leatherworks in London. Most of their styles are avaliable with either a 4", 5.5" or 7" with platform.

My wife had a pair of their plain black patent courts with a 5.5" heel which looked quite stunning. She is normaly a size 7 or 8 in most shoes, but needed a 9 in these. The insole started to come loose and rinkel up after about 3 years of very ocassional wear, but they are other wise well made.

You can find their web site here:

http://www.leatherworks.org.uk/

Cheers,

Rob

Hi, Rob (and others). Although Leatherworks does provide an incredible selection of high heels for the larger peds, I think it's worth mentioning an interesting niche I've discovered: lower-heeled shoes specifically designed for men with larger sizes. Think about it. Zappos (and many other sites) have a prodigious number of heeled shoes in all heel heights for sizes 5 through about 10. Beyond that, the heels fall squarely into the very low (2" or less) or fetish (5" or more) category. What about the rest of us with larger feet who enjoy wearing comfortable heels all day long? What I'd like to see is an extension, perhaps on a per-order basis, of those heels that range from 0" to 5" of those shoes commonly found up through size 10. I would think that most companies would find a resurgance in the number of larger sizes being ordered - provided they stuck with it long enough (three years) to obtain an accurate market response, including the inevitable surge by word-of-mouth. Anyway, that's my two cents. Gene'