Where to you buy high heels?

Jabble

Where do you buy high heels for yourself?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you buy high heels for yourself?

• Local stores
    • Both

I predominately buy shoes at brick-n-mortar stores. I prefer to see the shoe, try it on, and find a proper fit. Most of the on-line retailers, like shoedazzle, might carry up to a size 11, many of the are too narrow. I need an 11 wide, or 12, depending on the cut.

• 2 months later...

I use both. Depends what I'm looking for. I much prefer the immediacy and visceral excitement of in store shopping. I always visit charity and 2nd hand shops looking for nice shoes. I've no problems buying in store. Good fun.

"You put high heels on and you change" M. Blahnik

Both... A majority have been from the web, but I have to admit the ones I have bought from the store, although potentialy more nerve wracking for me with others watching, have turned out to be much more enjoyable, and it ensures I get the correct fit. Its still not easy for me to go out and do it in the store though.

• 4 weeks later...

I kinda went on a high heel shopping spree over Christmas! I managed to find heels: online - Biondiniparis, Farfetch, Myhabit, Saks, NeimanMarcus, Aldo, ebay, bebe, amazon in-store - Holt Renfrew, Aldo, Winners, Urban Planet Quoting my best friend. "Shop til you drop!":smile:

The only pair I have was bought online and I have yet to wear them in public. I don't really think I could find the kind of platform boots that I like in stores anyway.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛABΕ

My latest favourite store is New Look. I'm a bit short on cash at the minute so their heels are affordable for me, and they've got a nice selection too. I absolutely adore the excitement of shopping for heels in public and although I don't try them on I'm still hooked on that buzz I get from choosing a new pair then rushing home to try them on.

I have been shopping more online nowadays as I have certain makers I have been following who are not represented in cities where I do shop instore. Like Dr Martens, Fluevog, ShoesUSA and Gaborit. I do check out stores if I am in a new city though, just so much shoe shopping to do.....and so little time! Mtnsofheels

I prefer to buy in stores where I can try the shoes, walk in them to make sure they fit well and don't hurt after a few steps, and enjoy chit chatting to the salesgirls who most of the time seem to be happy to help me out. But I also buy quite a lot on ebay when hunting for designer shoes and real bargains. The biggest concern is taking a wrong size, especially when buying shoes in UK or US sizes.

• 5 weeks later...

i used to buy on line but lately I go to one of the 3 Payless stores in my area. The sales staff are real helpful and they tell me that they have several male heel buyers. so far I have never had a neg experance