Where to you buy high heels?

Jabble

Where do you buy high heels for yourself?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you buy high heels for yourself?

• Local stores
    • Both

My 'stores' have been Payless and Avenue, stores that carried size 13 shoes (back in the day!). Most pairs have been online, because even when I went down to a sz 12, I still had to order online to get that size. Subcategories would really be useful, especially for buying online: - can't get size in the store - can't get selection in the store - better price - discretion

Sometimes you must buy online if you, like me, are a size 9uk (43). Priceless shoes is a good source but they never have the best boots in large sizes in store :silly: Ebay is a life saver. And a good way to buy shoes just because they're cheap sometimes :) I'm trying to avoid Shoe Zone and Primark in London because their sizes are too small. Somebody told me that TK Max has some large size for cheap... I'll let you know :)

I particularly like Burlington Coat Factory. It's pretty hit and miss - mostly miss, but I got my Guess Carries there for $40 as well as two pairs of Steve Madden platform pumps for about $40 each. I had seen all three at Macys and Dillards for $70 to $90 at various times. Pumps and Denim

I would rather shop the stores in person. By shopping in person I can try on the pair of shoes and check the quality . With online purchase, I just don't have control of the situation. Online, to many things can go wrong.

Sometimes you must buy online if you, like me, are a size 9uk (43).

Priceless shoes is a good source but they never have the best boots in large sizes in store :silly:

Ebay is a life saver. And a good way to buy shoes just because they're cheap sometimes :)

I'm trying to avoid Shoe Zone and Primark in London because their sizes are too small.

Somebody told me that TK Max has some large size for cheap... I'll let you know :)

Brantano also do up to UK size 10 at reasonable prices, very similar to TK Max.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Even in the days when I wouldn't admit they were for me, I always bought my heels in store: it was important to see the shoes for real, pick them up and look at them from different angles (though the better websites have caught on to 360° viewing), and also to see the colour and texture of the materials, and subtle styling details that don't come across on screen. These days I just wouldn't buy a pair of shoes without trying them on first, and the shopping experience is all part of the fun.

If you like it, wear it.

Mostly in local stores. I have only two pairs that I bought online: one from Jean Gaborit and one from Duoboots. I like shopping around in town with my wife. That is much nicer. Most of the time we may not find anything suitable, but we will have a coffee, enjoy watching the people and of course enjoy seeing lots of just not nice enough (or just too expensive) shoes or other items of fashion. Or pick up a nice book or something else. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

I voted for both, but I buy most of my heels on eBay and have gotten some real bargains. A lot of them are second hand, but I've never had a pair that's not been in good, clean condition, apart from one pair of boots which had obviously come from a smoking household. A few days outside got rid of the smoke smell, but I was a bit narked when they arrived, although I have only paid £5 for them. Possibly my best was a pair of black leather River Island stiletto calf boots with back zips. They're in their original box with all the packaging paper and spare heel tips, and look as they they've only been worn once. £12.

I prefer to buy my high heels in the store where I can try them on and walk in them. Depending on the shoe, I can wear either a size 11 or size 12. That is why I prefer to be able to try them on to see if the shoe truly fits.

First off, I'm kinda cheap, so I first shop the sales locally. Also thrift shops, and surprisingly, garage sales. I've had fantastic luck finding some wonderful heels mid summer at these. A couple of the better buys were purchased for weddings, only to be never worn again. Also found a sale where the girl decided after a very short stint that 'dancing' wasn't her best employment option - four pairs like new, in the box for about $15.00 - Ellie's and Pleaser's. The pair in my avatar were a close-out at $9.99. Late winter, the boots go on sale. Also DSW clearance rack, Kohls has had some great deals, and recently, I almost bought a pair of Iron Fist sling back platform pumps on clearance from Hot Topic, but I really couldn't see me wearing them out and about, so I backed off.

I like to buy my heels in stores where I can try them on. Stores like DSW, Naturalizer, Nordstrom's Rack and others. They are all very accomodating for men who want to buy heels. I have no problems trying on heels in these stores. In fact on my post yesterday on the thread about trying on heels I mentioned what a wonderful experience it is to try on heels in the store. Guys, just go out and do it and you will be surprised about the lack of interest of the other shoppers have in a guy trying on heels!!!! Happy Heeling bluejay

I'd much rather buy them in stores where I can try them on. Fat chance, though, as stores don't carry my size. Online.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

I must give a plug for my wonderful supplier, duoboots.co.uk I ordered my boots on the phone, and went to collect them when they were ready. They make shoes and boots up to size 43, and do a choice of calf widths in boots. They take orders from all over the world, and although they are not cheap, my boots feel fabulous

• 2 weeks later...

I now go to two or three shops in London where I know they stock size 42. Originally I saw this size in their windows, but now I have made friends with the salespeople who are always happy for me to try shoes on in the shop. One shop now calls me up if they have a new style which they think I will like.

I now go to two or three shops in London where I know they stock size 42. Originally I saw this size in their windows, but now I have made friends with the salespeople who are always happy for me to try shoes on in the shop. One shop now calls me up if they have a new style which they think I will like.

^^ THAT is what I call service!

Entirely on the high street for me, and only because I love to be in my heels while shopping for more.

I actually find being in heels in the first place makes trying on so much easier for me, as I've entered the store wearing what I intend to try on - there's no illusion as to what I'm about!