Wearing Heels This Morning

kfsteve391

As the weather has cooled down a little I decided to do an outing in heels. I wore a pair of brown thong high heel sandals. My first stop this morning was a grocery store in a Hispanic area. I have visited this store several times and usually see a lot of women in high heels. Today was no different. As I was still in the parking lot I saw a lady in a nice pair of wedgies. One lady inside had on strappy high heel sandals with shorts. I didn't know what kind of reaction I might get once inside. If seemed as is no one paid any attention at all. I felt very confident as I did my shopping. Next stop was a 99 cent store. Again no seemed to even notice I was wearing heels. My final destination was a self service gas station. Upon getting out of my car I was approached by a window repair man checking my windshield for cracks. We had a nice conversation about cars. Instead of paying at the pump I went inside. Again no one seemed to notice. All in all it was a fun experience in heels.

Sounded like a nice outing. It still amazes me that most of the time people either don't notice or don't care.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

kfsteve391, Reading your story reminds me of how we missed getting together in Phoenix in May it certainly would have been nice to have met someone from The Forum. At least I had a nice day in Denver a few days later. Keep us posted if you do any trips to the Arrowhead Mall or other Phoenix venues. HappyinHeels:wavey:

Sounded like a nice outing. It still amazes me that most of the time people either don't notice or don't care.

It amazes me too, sometimes. But I think people have so much on their mind these days, that's the reason for the "oh well" reactions, or lack there of.

Very nice story, Steve, and thanks for posting. People are used to seeing men in flip-flops, so possibly that is why no one appeared to notice your thong heels. I certainly wouldl have and definitely would have engaged you in conversation about them. E

Wearing hh sandals in public IS a lot of fun. I do it all the time. To bad that summer is over - but with our mild climate, sometimes sandals can be worn in the winter too!!! sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I'd go along with that! I've had a great time wearing my new Aerosoles sandals in public, and have yet to see anyone notice them. I wear with boot cut jeans and don't make any effort to hide them. It was in the 50s (F) this morning when I went out, and I'm afraid it will soon be too cold for sandals here in Ohio.:) Steve

Hey Steve, I bought gas at the Fry's right down the street from you on Friday morning and was thinking about you. Glad to hear that you are out and about having fun in your heels. I still think it takes juevos to wear your heels into the hispanic markets. You rock! Later, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!