High Heeled Training Diary #3

Laurieheels

This report will be a day early, as last week's diary was a day late. Last week we can blame on me being busy, and a very talkative trainer. This week, I know my Sunday will be spent at home baking bread and maybe making soup. Yes, done in heels, but that's all there is to it. Monday was a very early day at work. I chose to walk, and I did this in my three inch ankle boots. I was going to drive, but I had a bit more time that morning and a walk always does a girl good, especially for high heeled training! I did change at work, and on went the four inch heeled Oxfords I wear so much these days. I had my job interview that day, and I dressed well. A black skirt and stockings, a red shirt, ribbed knit cotton, and a grey ladies' blazer. The interview went well, but as of yet I have not heard anything good or bad. I headed home in the ankle boots and left my chances for the job up to someone else. I did my part. Tuesday was a day off for me. I was using it to prepare for a possible second interview. I had to research some web sites that provided services for customers, and I was putting together some samples of my writing style. No, I did not use any of my postings from the message boards. I wish to have this new position with my company and not make this V.P. uncomfortable. I did wear my white mules with the five inch gold spike heels for most of the day in the apartment. Yes Mr. Trainer, I didn't get a chance to mention that. Surprise, I suppose. Wednesday found me taking the advice of my trainer and I walked to work in my four inch oxfords. My muscles were a bit sore from the new height for such vigorous walking. I noticed two things. My feet were just a tiny bit tired, which is different from other walks to work in a lower heel, and I could not walk as fast as I prefer. Even if I would like to try larger steps, I cannot. In some ways I feel this detracts from the exercise value of walking to work, but it does increase the muscle strength for walking in heels. At the end of the day my feet were tired from running around at work, and I switched into the ankle boots for the walk home. Thursday found me driving to work, so it was Oxfords from start to finish. After work I was with my Mum and sister as we did some shopping and later we went off for a very simple meal while watching Canada's women's hockey team win gold. Go Canada. All of this in four inch square post heels, and nothing more than a few tired muscles were the result. I did need to rest my feet a bit when I arrived home, but part of that is going a half inch lower for the heels on the shoes I wear around the apartment. Friday was another day for trying the Oxfords on the walk to work. Again, some tired muscles that were being used more, but that was it. I was not sure if the Oxfords would be worn to work, as our early spring suddenly fell apart. Cold air flooded Alberta, and snow was threatening. I am thankful that I had the chance to wear the Oxfords to work that day, and the snow held out for the afternoon. I did have to switch into my ankle boots for the walk home. The snow was falling in a steady manner and had made a nice blanket for the ground at that point. It is best not to take a chance and push myself. If I slip and fall, or step onto a snow covered grate I cannot see, bad things will result. Having a heel stuck in a metal grate while cold air and snow make my walk a little less fun cannot be good. Saturday - A few hours were spent at work today, working on some account issues for customers. Snow was still out on the ground and the roads, so I drove, and I wore the three inch ankle boots. I am surprised how easily I can manage while wearing a three inch heel in the snow. I walk around as if I was made for it. At work I did switch into my Oxfords, and then back to the ankle boots for cleaning the car of snow and going home. After that, it was off to dinner with one of my sisters, joining our Mum and her man for his birthday. Danish Smorg. I ate too much, I fear. I did not have a chance to switch into my four inch oxfords again, so the ankle boots had to do for the night. The Oxfords are still in my car, outside, freezing as we speak. At least they are protected. And Sunday, tomorrow for me, and almost today as I finish this, will be spent at home, and it will not be eventful. I hope not. I need a good rest! Until next week, I bid you a good week.