Heels in public

hi all I've only just discovered this forum and i'm mightily relieved to find that i am not alone in my fascination with heels. Over the last couple of years I've managed to purchase a number of pairs of 4-5 heeled ankle boots, plain and black in colour and always from TK Maxx. For a long time I would only wear them whilst driving, but recently I began leaving them on whilst i refueled and purchased items at filling stations. I must admit that i am now so used to heels that I am actually more confortable and walk better in heels than my wife. Not once have I had an adverse comment. Only last month whist traveling for work in Western Ireland, I purposely parked my vehicle in the car park at one end of the town, knowing that I needed to visit the ATM at the other end of town. It took me a while to build up the courage to actually get out of the car but one i did and took a few deep breaths I was fine. The walk through the busy streets gave me an unbelievable buzz. Now five inch heels are probably a challenge to most women never mind a man but I relaxed and took my time. I visited a newsagent, went and queued at the ATM, for what seemed like an eternity with a bunch of teenagers standing behind me, and went and had lunch in a local pub. I could sense a number of people "looking" at me, particularly the bar-tender but I managed to remain composed. As I finished my lunch a lovely young lady came and sat opposite me to have her lunch. I thought I was going to pass out at first but we had a normal conversation about everyday things, weather, food, high heels, etc. She said she was jealous of how comfortable I looked in mine although she had much better legs. She was heading to the same car park as me and we wallked all the way back through town. She even stopped and talked to some friends on the way. Now it's one thing going in public well away from home but I don't know how I would handle meeting an aquaintance or family friend whilst wearing my heels. Has anyone experience of that???

Hello and welcome jimmy21. My experience with family and friends is just to tell them. Telling family is usually much more difficult than friends, but is necessary for true freedom.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Don't make a big deal about it. IMO it's best not to tell but just to do it. If a family member notices and says anything just say, "Do you like them? You don't do you, I can tell." They will probably reply, "No, they're fine, it was just a bit of a shock to see you wearing them, that's all." You are actually employing a bit of psychology here. Firstly, because it's not such a big deal you are quite comfortable wearing them as if you always have done. Secondly, you are asking for a negative response, it is human nature to take an opposing view when faced with something you're not sure of. At the end of the day, if you suddenly started to wear say, riding boots, would you sit your family down and tell them? no you wouldn't because there'd be no need. Heels are footwear, the same as your trainers, football boots, or the posh shoes you wear on special occasions. By sitting everybody down in a row and wringing your hands at them makes them feel as if it's something you're ashamed of but need to do nevertheless.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Welcome to High heel Place. Your enjoyment of high heels will make you feel comfortable at this friendly website. Many others here share a common interest and wear high heels publicly on a regular basis. And especially refer to the advice from Dr. Shoe.

Don't make a big deal about it. IMO it's best not to tell but just to do it. If a family member notices and says anything just say, "Do you like them? You don't do you, I can tell."

They will probably reply, "No, they're fine, it was just a bit of a shock to see you wearing them, that's all."

You are actually employing a bit of psychology here. Firstly, because it's not such a big deal you are quite comfortable wearing them as if you always have done. Secondly, you are asking for a negative response, it is human nature to take an opposing view when faced with something you're not sure of.

At the end of the day, if you suddenly started to wear say, riding boots, would you sit your family down and tell them? no you wouldn't because there'd be no need. Heels are footwear, the same as your trainers, football boots, or the posh shoes you wear on special occasions. By sitting everybody down in a row and wringing your hands at them makes them feel as if it's something you're ashamed of but need to do nevertheless.

I think this is the best answer you're going to get to your question. Bravo Dr. Shoe!

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying