"For the girls" forum

Jabble

Occasionally, but most of the time no. Mainly to avoid accidental posting there.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Yes I look. There is some intertesting stuff there. Based on some of the postings I sometimes wonder if all the girls in the girls section are really girls.

Am I the only one who suspects Amanda Snake is a guy? lol

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Charlie

hah, that would be funny... :) She has made that accusation herself at least a few times toward others in the girls forum.

But no, I am pretty damn sure she's a woman, whether we like her opinion or not...

I use the "New Posts" search feature a lot. so yes, I do see the hot issues in the girls forum, but I do have to remember not to post there by mistake. - - - been there - done that

Similar here, I used the search feature for open toe boots, and replied to something I was reading not watching the thread it came from. Personally, I think the software should prevent such mistakes so it doesn't waste the mods time. It can be set up that way, as I've seen places where you can only post in forum X when you make Y contributions. The same controls can be put on profile attributes.

Also visit, At times wished to confirm on a comment but it's not our place, even felt strong enough to PM it, respectfully of course. In each forum there is positives to be noted and listened to, even Amanda's worst.:). As long as we behave and obey the rule, I'm sure we are welcome to visit. After all it's a public forum! Al

It occurs to me that if you believe strongly enough in a subject you can always post your reply in the "for the guys" or "for everybody" forums. If we bliee it' worthy of wider debate we can move it.

The ban is not the reading it's the posting. The software would only ban the reading (and therefore posting) not allow reading but not posting.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

The ban is not the reading it's the posting. The software would only ban the reading (and therefore posting) not allow reading but not posting.

Not to be argumentative but "allow reading, but not posting" is commonplace with forum software. I know of a forum whose subject is erotica of vintage nature... there's a sub forum "Identify the Girl" or whatever, and in that forum to post there you must have X amount of on topic uploads (150 I think).

My point is, if you are not a contributor, you can certainly read that forum, you just can't post there.

Also, take what I'm saying lightly and non-offensively.. I am a programmer myself and believe that if a human can think of, or even remotely dream of a procedural task... it can be coded.

Probably. However, this forum has been going for about 15 years in it's various guises, we have had the "Girls Only" rule in place for about 6 of those years and it has all worked pretty well up to now and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. None of us are children and don't need to be treated like them so it is probably better all round for everyone to exercise a little self control. I can do it and so can most of the other people who post on the forum.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I see no reason to change things, the mods are clearly intelligent enough to know when someone has accidentally posted on there (caught out by viewing all new posts or similar - been there done that) and when we have someone who does it deliberately and needs banning. Of course it would be nice if we could all post on all forums but for me the girls only forum presents a different perspective and I enjoy reading their comments.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Charlie

I have only just stopped laughing at that! I think you can take Tech's word on that.

I do look in the Girls Only and there are some interesting threads there - and some good members who seem to keep themselves primarily there - which is good if that's what they want.

There are some threads that would be good to have in the general area (like the recent one about Annie Lennox) but I think it is good that there is that sanctuary of peace and tranquility For The Girls.

"A man cannot make a pair of shoes rightly unless he do it in a devout manner" - Thomas Carlyle

To be honest, there do seem to be a lot of posts in there that would be better in the everybody forum but unless there is a specific request to move it we wont.

Totally agree - but having recently picked up on a comment made in the "For the Girls" section and brought it into the main area I can see why the ladies might wish to keep a subject to themselves. Despite seeking a fairly light hearted discussion it got a little intense and personal, not what the ladies want probably. I am a just grateful to them in that I am permitted to listen in on their discussions. Thank you ladies :)

"A man cannot make a pair of shoes rightly unless he do it in a devout manner" - Thomas Carlyle

I see no reason to change things, the mods are clearly intelligent enough to know when someone has accidentally posted on there (caught out by viewing all new posts or similar - been there done that) and when we have someone who does it deliberately and needs banning.

Of course it would be nice if we could all post on all forums but for me the girls only forum presents a different perspective and I enjoy reading their comments.

I totally agree with this. I have said this before and I am glad that the "for the girls" section is for them to visit back and forth with one another and let them enjoy their "girl talk" without being disturbed by the guys. I will occassionally, and very rarely, go into the section just to see some of the topics they are persuing. But most of the time I see it is subjects that the women enjoy talking about with each other from a woman's point of view.