silly bet i made :P

hhfan

woot i finally have net again been ages with out it lol :) i was driving thro the city the other day with a good female friend of mine. anyways i was perving on all the girls in awsome heels as i do :silly: and she sprung me (not hard to do lol) and we got talking about how i liked girls in heels and she says she hates to wear heels coz there hard to walk in, and i said "they cant be to hard to walk in so many girls seem to do it really well" :) anyways she ended up saying "im gonna get you a pair of heels and u can prove me wrong" i laughed it off and was like kk ill do it :) now coz shes broke she was like your paying for them :P but im all cool with that :D i jus hope she picks out a pair ive been eying off lol now i kno this is bad and i should probly tell her im scamming her coz i can walk in 6 inch heels with no problems, but i have been keen on getting a new pair of heels and i thought this is an excuse lol :D

wild for plats :silly:

woot i finally have net again been ages with out it lol :)

Can someone please translate this into English?

Please realize that there are many people here who have English only as their second (or more) language. I thought my English was rather good (I lived in the USA for six years), but here I am completely lost.

Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Please realize that there are many people here who have English only as their second (or more) language. I thought my English was rather good (I lived in the USA for six years), but here I am completely lost.

Y.

This post is such a mess I am having difficulty understanding it, and I'm usually good at decipering posts. When they get this bad I just don't read or respond to them.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Y.

Its the ' new and cooler ' version of english that children use on their cell phones. Endless your used to it, it looks like uneducated dribble.

HHFAN : The majority of folks here can appreciate your like of heels/clothes or lifestyle in general. In order for us to enjoy these things with you, we first have to understand what you are trying to convey without the need of a translator.

Most of the people here are used to message forums, not ' texting '. Please be considerate of such.

Thanks! :)

PS: I wish I had a babe buying me some new heels :)

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I wondered if he could actually speak English, let alone write it. Look kid, this is not a cell phone where abbreviations are OK. This is a forum, white in English. What will you do when you get a job that matters? English may not be recognizable is several years, maybe 10 - 20 years.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

LOL! I had no problem with hhfan's posting. I'm used to dealing with people who have accents so it didn't bother me.

Same here.

In fact, I find it utterly hilarious - that all those who have criticised the OP's command of English - have ALL made basic spelling mistakes and rudimentary grammatical errors in their own posts.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I agree with PiB, in particular I was amused by the novel use of the word "Endless" a few posts back. However, before casting stones, PiB might wish to take a careful look at those two hyphens in her own post:smile: Actually she's in good company, you see a lot of phantom hyphens in many publications. I think it's due to problems with auto-hyphenation algorithms when transferring text between different bits of software.

Same here.

In fact, I find it utterly hilarious - that all those who have criticised the OP's command of English - have ALL made basic spelling mistakes and rudimentary grammatical errors in their own posts.

wow haha this is the most replys Ive ever had in a thread before :) sorry guy if you cant understand me very well its a habbit i have as i text a lot. guess im lucky my job dosnt require me to be a perfect speller etc :)

wild for plats :silly:

Yes, I noticed that too, it is hilarious :)

As for the bet, it's best to go shopping with her so if she suggested some hideous pair of shoes to humiliate you, you can refuse and pick out a gorgeous pair of heels that you actually want to wear (and change her attitude for the better)... or if she's taking you seriously in the first place then it's just a great opportunity to share a shoe-shopping experience with a friend and get her advice and opinions.

If you like it, wear it.

I agree with PiB, in particular I was amused by the novel use of the word "Endless" a few posts back. However, before casting stones, PiB might wish to take a careful look at those two hyphens in her own post:smile: Actually she's in good company, you see a lot of phantom hyphens in many publications. I think it's due to problems with auto-hyphenation algorithms when transferring text between different bits of software.

That's a very gracious excuse for her! I'm a proof-reader (or was, anyway), so things like that tend to come and hit me in the face, as do their authors when I protest. I have the greatest admiration for all those from non-English-speaking countries who post here. Their English is generally far better than my French or German would be, and I spent nine months in France rather a long time ago.

I realise not everyone has the ability to write and spell correctly, and I think we need to be very careful before we criticise others. Different persons have different talents. For example, I'm absolutely useless at drawing, but I'm sure many here can draw really well. In addition, English has not been taught properly in schools in the UK for quite a few years, so I think people have a very good excuse for incorrect spelling, grammar and punctuation. Indeed, *I* wasn't taught English grammar. I picked it up only through learning other languages and seeing the structure of sentences.

What we have in common is a love for high heels, and we don't want to put anyone off who would fear being laughed at for writing less-than-perfect English. After all, isn't one of our biggest fears being laughed at for wearing heels?

Funnily enough, I started this post intending to criticise txtspk, but now I'm not so sure, as it's a product of our society. However, we owe it to everyone to make our posts reasonably intelligible - if we want others to read them, of course!

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

I found the post to be very interesting and wish him well. Make sure she keeps the sales ticket on your shoes.....they may be less than what you hope for. My wife purchased some really ugly heels for me one time. I told her they did not fit well so she gave me the sale ticket and I returned them .

I agree with PiB, in particular I was amused by the novel use of the word "Endless" a few posts back. However, before casting stones,

Actually she's in good company, you see a lot of phantom hyphens in many publications. I think it's due to problems with auto-hyphenation algorithms when transferring text between different bits of software.

Aaargh.....sussed....!:)

..says she who writes in all bold italics. :)

We're talking grammar, not typefaces here. However, it is no different than using a fountain pen with an italic nib.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

We're talking grammar, not typefaces here. However, it is no different than using a fountain pen with an italic nib.

Could be worse. I know somebody who claims to be a professional in her field who does all her business correspondence in comic sans. She is not in media, childrens stuff etc. There are also people in HHP who use oversize and/or coloured text for no particular reason. We seem to be refreshingly free of those people whose SHIFT KEY IS CLEARLY STUCK.

PS: PiB, I didn't realise you were American. http://alt-usage-english.org/excerpts/fxdiffer.html

...As for the bet, it's best to go shopping with her so if she suggested some hideous pair of shoes to humiliate you, you can refuse and pick out a gorgeous pair of heels that you actually want to wear (and change her attitude for the better...

A good compromise: have her pick out a pair of 'high' heels that she would wear, and then buy two pair, in each of your sizes. Can't get fairer than that. Alternatively I agree with other: go with her to pick out the pair herself. You can say something, "I'll show you I can walk in heels, but they don't have to bright pink peep toes, that's ridiculous". It wouldn't hurt to find out exactly what she thinks she wants you to try:

- 3" heel, or 5" heel with a 1" platform

- sandal, pump, wedge, or boot

Readability and legibility are somewhat related. But I suspect it is not the field in which you are the most well versed.

Getting bad to the theme of the post, I agree with those who have suggested that you ask her if you can go with her to pick out the high heels. When she sees that both of you agree on the same style, then she sees you comfortably walking in them, this could possibly bring the two of you even closer together and no telling what kind of fun you two can have together. Now it could backfire on you, but let's hope not.

Only if you're British. if you're American "different than" is a standard usage. "Different to" is also used. http://alt-usage-english.org/excerpts/fxdiffer.html

I think you'll find the document you cite shows only oral 30% usage and 7% written usage for 'different than' in the USA, so 'standard usage' is rather an exaggeration. I'm reminded of George Bernard Shaw's oft-quoted remark: "England and America are two countries divided by a common language."

Anyway, this is way off topic, as Roniheels has gently reminded us, and we must accept that your opinion differs than mine. :)

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

Wow, I would love for this happen to me. My wife knows about it and I often borrow her sandals for a quick outing such as taking out the trash or going to the BBQ outside. She knows I have heels, some drag queen heels as she calls them, but I seldom wear them, let alone in her presence.

For those having trouble with the original post, allow me to translate: Felicitations, I once again have access to the internet after a prolonged hiatus. A dear lady friend of mine was accompanying me on a journey through the fair city, and I remarked upon the grace with which certain young ladies walked in their beautiful high-heeled shoes. "I dislike such footwear" she remarked, "I find them a source of discomfort, and they cause my gait to resemble that of a baby giraffe." "Tish!" I retorted, "many ladies manage them so elegantly, surely the challenge cannot be so great?" "I propose a wager sir," she replied "I shall procure a pair of said shoes to your fitting, and we shall see how great the challenge of walking in them truly is." I accepted her wager with bravado, alas I am to pay for them as she is currently bereft of funds, however I have been secretly coveting a pair of most beautiful high heeled shoes and it is my fervent hope that it is those that she will purchase. It is with some shame that I admit the wager to not be an honest one, for I have been secretly wearing ladies' heels for some time, and am well practised.

For those having trouble with the original post, allow me to translate:

:) Outstanding... great job sir.

I was going to comment that I really had no problems reading the original post, but your interpretation of it just made my day. :)