Broken my foot...

Kitty_Shoes

Well, a year ago I broke my 5th metatarsus bone in left foot and I had a "gypsum" boot (unfortunately heel-less :)) for two months. After they took it off, the left foot was swollen and it was almost not possible to put on any high heel shoe. But after some time the swelling came off and there is no problem anymore. Right now it's exactly a year after this break and I have no problems at all. So I think you will handle it somehow. Maybe a new purchase would be a nice cheer up for you? At least you can always try the shoe on the second foot:)

Maybe a new purchase would be a nice cheer up for you?

You might just go shopping for a new pair of high heels. When your foot is completely healed, then put them on and wear them about. it will give you something to look forward.

Over a year ago my wife broke her foot, the tarsal. She did not wear heels for quite some time afterwords. Now, after she started wearing heels again she says still wears the same size but she clams the broken foot fallows the arch of the shoe much better.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

It may be time for some shoe shopping....

Check out eoneleg's post at:

http://www.hhplace.org/stories_high_heel_theme/19445-high_platform_crutches.html#post274031

On crutches, they tend to want you to bend the leg of the broken ankle to keep the cast from touching the ground. I'd see this as a good opportunity to try putting a few inches of heel on the remaining good foot to facilitate not having put effort to keep the broken one airborne.

On another note, when I cracked my right ankle a couple of years ago, I wound up in one of their "walking boots" I found that my cowboy boots with the 2" heel re-equalized my gait.

Done the same twice, if the bone stands out a little, some shoe sides cause problems if there is a caught or surface nerve at the break area. If I have a low cut side that lays just under or below the high (bump) of the damage, it's worse than walking on a pebble beach. Fingers crossed you heal "flush" without problems. Now heal well, last time I was in plaster for 9 weeks so do as you are told and take it easy in the early days after. Epic journey and congrats. Al