shiny black leggings

exept for thighhighguy & myself, who in here likes to wear those nice tight black legging pants with their boots? (I'm wearing my own pair right now but with my FLAT knee high black boots & black MIB2 t shirt):)

I do wear leggings occasionally. They go great with thigh high boots.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

ME!!! :) I wear leggings or tights almost all the time. I love leggings and tights as much as I do heels AND I'm VERY lucky to have a family who are fine with it, so I can wear them around the house. I usually wear leggings underneath my pants when I go out and always at work.

EDIT: I don't know how many pairs I own... but it's at least 20... add in tights and I have at least 40 pairs of legwear!! (...it's probably more than 50!!)

Black Milk is my favourite brand for leggings! For example.. I have these (which fit in with the 'black and shiny' though they are not VERY shiny). They are high quality and worth their price. After wearing Black Milk, most other leggings just don't compare!!! The only downside is almost all of their 'designs' are limited time only and are often taken off the site/discontinued before I can afford to buy them :)

With that said, I am yet to find the perfect pair of shiny leggings :/ I think latex is the best way to go!

Call me Tights!

I love too wear leggings and have quite a few pairs. I have worn them shopping though only with flat-ish ankle boots. Wearing them in the street or around the shops with high heel boots I think is too daring for me, even though I'd love to. I also have some jeggings which I love to wear, again with my ankle boots or jazz shoes or ballet pumps. One thing which I have found is how positive ladies in shops are towards me, they're really nice and sincere. By the way, I saw a young guy wearing a pair of black cotton leggings in a shopping mall recently and he looked really good, apart from the fact they'd gone a bit baggy at the knees - this is so not a good look lol

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Most of the leggings I wear are matt finish but I do have a couple of pair of shiny ones. I wear them around the house with a long T-shirt, but when I go out I have started adding a short skirt. And like shafted said, "They go great with thigh high boots."

As for size, the ones I buy at Sam's are comparatively sized with ladies skirt/slack sizes. I buy a large (12-14) but there is an x-large(16-18) available. I have a 35" waist and 33" inseam and the large fits perfectly.

June and Daisy leggings

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Most of the leggings I wear are matt finish but I do have a couple of pair of shiny ones. I wear them around the house with a long T-shirt, but when I go out I have started adding a short skirt. And like shafted said, "They go great with thigh high boots."

As for size, the ones I buy at Sam's are comparatively sized with ladies skirt/slack sizes. I buy a large (12-14) but there is an x-large(16-18) available. I have a 35" waist and 33" inseam and the large fits perfectly.

June and Daisy leggings

TBG ... Thanks for the sizing tip. I have not bought or worn leggings, but I have started wearing my thighboots more often. I will get a pair and wearmy thighboots with them and see how it feels and how the outing goes.

I have thought about scoring some leggings however I have no feel for what size to buy. Any tips?

Larry

Usually depends on the materials used ....so some leggings are very stretchy and others are not. I've fit into leggings marked size 8 or small right through to leggings marked size 16 or extra large. (For reference, I wear size 36 in men's pants). I think it's best to try them on or at the very least get the measurements of the leggings before you buy.

I can't recommend any brands as they probably aren't available outside Australia. Also keep in mind the sizes mentioned are Australian too.

Call me Tights!

Just wondering, with thigh boots (or at least knee-high boots) do you prefer shorter "cropped" or full-length leggings?

I have a pair of capri length shiny leggings that I have worn with thigh boots as well as full length leggings. In either case the leggings are covered. I hadn't noticed enough difference is the way they feel with boots to comment.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I have shiny leggings in both capri and full length styles. I have them in black, gold and silver. I really like the look of shiny leggings. I wear the capri length in the summer with heeled sandals and heeled mules with open toes.(so that my red painted toes are highly visible) I like that look very much. In the colder weather I wear the full length leggings with my black patent leather pumps and my heeled Dansko clogs with 3" heels and sometimes with my knee boots. I recently purchased a pair of red patent leather look knee boots (Pleasurer) . I cant wait to try them with my shiny black leggings,,with a long silky look camp shirt to cover the necessary parts of the male anatomy. When it gets colder I will pair that outfit with my leather jacket! Happy Heeling!!!!!! bluejay

There is a brand of leggings and tights that are shiny and very beautiful. I ran into them in Madrid, but they do not seem to be Spanish. The brand name is Platino. I have never seen them in The Netherlands. Both my wife and I like them very much. They seem to be made of Lycra. The colors are black, silver and purple. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

ilovetights: can you at least post your reccommendations for this little australian?

Well first and foremost... Black Milk as mentioned in my first post in this thread. They are great quality... I have only had one pair where the stitching came apart and I was given a replacement pair shortly after I emailed them about the problem! (I usually get Medium)

My next recommendation is Sportsgirl. They can be a bit "hit and miss" but overall I think they are alright.... try and buy things on sale though. I bought 'wet look' stirrup leggings and absolutely loved them... wore them constantly for months but unfortunately they got a hole in them and became uncomfortable to wear. (They were Medium.. I think I should've got a large though) I have another pair though that I bought a few years ago that are still going strong - just plain black cotton leggings with cuffs on the ankle (Small) which make them sit really nicely. Last time I was there I noticed some pretty cool legging 'designs' too (:

Next is Country Road... although I believe their quality has declined in the last 5 years or so /: Still I picked up some thick leggings from CR (size Large and on the recommendation of a female friend who knows I like heels and women's clothes and we go shopping together occasionally :) ) earlier this year and wore them on cold nights in Winter and they are great! I have a pair from.. maybe 4 years ago - again plain black cotton leggings (Med) - that are still going just fine... Unfortunately I find CR leggings slip on me and like I said, I think the quality has declined a little but they are still pretty good (certainly better than some other shops).. again try to buy things on sale.

I also have some Sass & Bide leggings that are amazing.. from when they were starting out I guess.. because they don't do anything plain these days.

I've heard good things about Witchery, Kookai, Metalicus, Gorman and American Apparel leggings (especially for shiny leggings!) but I've not tried any of these. There's a shop called 'Fat' which stocks some pretty good brands but I haven't been to one in a long time.

I'm not aware of any/other online shops that sell quality leggings at a reasonable price.

Best thing to do is go out and try them on and find out for yourself... I still get embarrassed when I walk into a women's clothes shop and look around... but it's much easier once you're in the privacy of a dressing room :)

Call me Tights!

• 3 weeks later...

even though I dont have a pic of me (as of today that is) in my shiny black leggings, I'm currently wearing them now with my black DEMONIA boots (avatar) & grey sweatshirt! I think they look really good together!:)