medwinds .... has anyone heard of them?

xaphod

www.medwinds.com

do some interesting boots .... I really like the brown kneehighs with a chunky heel.

At £100, the price is cheap for all leather.

The question I ask, is this too good to be true and has anyone used them before?

Xa

There are several, and none at £100... Personally I like the Niza loafers, but I don't quite believe the description of the heel height for either these or the Niza boots! Six inches????

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

Hi,

Yes, the Niza boots were the ones I was interested in.

Funny ..... I could have sworn that the price was £100 yesterday. I agree with you that the 'approx' 6" heel and 0.8" internal platform is a load of hooey. Judging from the pic, I would say that the heel is 4.5" with maybe an internal plat of 0.5".

This aside, they're a great looking pair of boots in leather for a good price.

Unfortunately they don't accept phone orders and, since my bank details go nowhere near the internet* (at least by my doing) then I'll spend my money elsewhere.

Xa

*1 If hacker nerds can find their way into the Pentagon's system, how much protection do you think £30 worth of Norton's Noddy Software is going to afford you?

*2 Norton's Noddy Software is REACTIVE, not proactive. In other words it looks for hacking threats and viruses that have been discovered previously. It cannot know about threats that are new (and conveniently makes a nice living updating the old database).

*3 I have 2 credit cards, one of which is never used for phone or remote purchases and is never used to buy petrol. The other card is used for remote purchases and is also never used to buy petrol. Guess how many scam attempts there have been on the more secure card .... NONE ! The less secure card has had attempts at phishing when I have been phoned by some smooth talking barsteward trying to get my info and has even been sent texts telling me that I've won King Ongabulu's lottery ..... funny how this relatively anonymous 'pay as you go' phone is the contact number for the less secure card, and is used for that card alone !