ALDO Sizes?

Black_Boots

You have to try stuff on in there because I've found that some fit well and some don't. For example, I have a pair of Ado boots in a 41 which fit with room to spare and then there are some 42s I didn't buy because I can't get into them.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

It's more a question of which manufacturers run small. Or even who designed the original shoe. There's so many shops all selling exactly the same shoes. In the UK Aldo, Office, Topshop, Kurt Geiger and Faith (dead) all have super similar shoes. I have worn pairs from each company that were identical in sole/heel shape and fit. I have noticed recently that many of River Island's shoes have also popped up, unbranded, all over Ebay from discount pile 'em high sellers. Saying all that I have found Aldo to regularly run small. I have some shoes from them that are EU 41 and feel a little tight and I have a pair thay are EU 40 ad are almost too big. I've tried on some in a 42 that were not 'easy' to wear. I'm almost always a 40 or 41 and sometimes a 39. It's just numbers though.

Black Boots, I have stopped in several different Aldo stores and walked out empty-handed every time as their shoes do run small. I remember being warmly received and taken care of by two Asian sales girls at the Madison, WI store and they brought out eight pairs of shoes all in size 40 which is supposed to be an equivalent US10 but they all fit like US9. My foot will go into a size US10 but it will often be too tight to wear practically. I do have a few open-toe sandals and wedges in size 10 which fit me well but that is the exception. Many have complained about ALDO sizing and it doesn't appear to getting better. You can't argue with their sexy styling though.They are a well-run Canadian company based in Montréal, Québec that have been around since 1960 and have knowledgeable and caring staffs but the sizing seems to run small for almost all of us here!I hope this helps you out. HappyinHeels:wave:

Hi There,

Does anyone can tell if Aldo shoes relatively size in general smaller or bigger then normal?

Thank you

From the responses, it sound like Aldo shoes run a little small. The best advice as others have also said that if you ca try on a pair or so, that should give you an idea.

As I already replied on the other thread. I am a regular Aldo's customer and almost all their closed shoes are too small and/or narrow. Some of their open toe sandals and boots are OK. You need to try them in the store. I wear women's US11 (EU41). Their closed shoes feel more like narrow US10 (EU40). Fortunately for me, most of the boots in US11 are OK :)

I am also a regular at Aldo. I normally take about a 9 1/2. Aldo does not do half sizes. I have heard the sales staff there tell me and others, if you are in between sizes go up a half. I have a few pairs of 9's from there but generally I get the 10's. And I always get 10's when it comes to boots.

I've owned two pairs of Aldo shoes and had to sell them both for the same reason: way too small. I can wear a 10.5 (or 10 if Nine West) at the small end. I normally wear 11s. Aldo shoes, while highly attractive are too small. I've yet to find a style I could wear.

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/