Perhaps Of Interest...?

Leo

I love wedges (hence my username!!), but not too sure about those super high wedges. I do have to say though, really like the platforms that the girl in the pink dress is wearing.

Re: the girl in the pink dress - yes, I agree that her shoes are very nice. I do think, however, that the actual platforms could each be about an inch lower. That said, both the height and the style of those heels are, in my opinion, absolutely perfect.

There's a lot of good viewing at the train stations in Japan. I noticed it on my first trip. I'm pretty sure that's where these photos were taken. At that time it was mostly young girls in high platforms (3-4") with a chunky heel. My understanding (which is open to correction) is that it is part of the history. In ancient times, the footwear was a wooden style much like today's flip-flop. They typically had wooden risers under the sole. I know that's a lousy description but it's the best I can do without paper and pencil. I was told that the height of the risers indicated the social status of the wearer. I guess the idea being that the higher they were, the more wealthy you were as you never expected to walk far as there were servants to do that for you. I guess it's somewhat analogous to the history of foot binding in China. Lately you'll notice more slender heels on the women, I guess, as it has come more into fashion. If any of this seems wrong please enlighten us.

Yes, they were called Geta and are worn by both genders. Most came with two cross struts but some experts wore them with one and could go to quite considerable heights of 30 cms or more and would have been like wearing stilts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geta_%28footwear%29

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Maybe it's just me and my mindset when it comes to fashion, but I found those short skirts and dresses all those young ladies wore to be more interesting than their shoes!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!