The Last Bastion of Masculinity

manluvheels

In a Girls Only thread http://www.hhplace.org/girls/20532-ladies_men_heels.html#post289098 the delightful and delectable Amanda Snake stated that" war is the last bastion of masculinity and they can keep it."

Dawnie suggested that trousers/pants were the last one and they have long gone - so have men given up?

I am very much anti war myself, and also have other thoughts on what the last bastion of masculinity is. :)

However, out of interest what do others think the Last Bastion of Masculinity is?

"A man cannot make a pair of shoes rightly unless he do it in a devout manner" - Thomas Carlyle

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares? :) The thing that most people don't realise is that there are a lot of differences between men and women. I'm not saying that one is inferior to the other, just different. For example, it never occurs to most women to go into air traffic control as a profession which is why 90% of air traffic controllers are men. Conversely, most nurses are female simply because most men wouldn't apply for that particular job. Some researchers gave chimps toys to play with and the boys went for the tractors, cars and aeroplanes and the girls went for the dolls.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

It's her opinion, no mater how misinformed it's her opinion. Reminds me the time women here in he U.S. sued to be let into exclusive men's clubs. They said it was discriminative, well they let the cat out of the bag suck it up. 1776

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I thoroughly recommend the books 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus' and 'Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps.' You can pick them up on Amazon and other places for very little money, and they do wonders at explaining why men and women often find it very difficult to communicate with each other. I think these books and others like them have saved quite a few marriages! The second book gives an insight as to why there are so few female air traffic controllers. :)

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

As I said in my recent blog post, the little bubble I had mentally wrapped around HHP as a place where men aren't judged for wearing heels finally popped when I read that thread.

I'm disappointed. What more can I say?

You posted that blog message after her previous comment that men look silly in high heels, so it has more relevance still now.

As you know, I replied with the following:

I noticed that comment, and thought the comment itself was silly and the sort of thing I'd expect to find on one of the public forums such as those Shafted inhabits!

My view is that an uncoordinated look would probably look silly to most people, just as it does with women who stomp around in (or carry!) heels they've had no practice walking in, or who just have no dress sense. Maybe they're *allowed* to look silly!

How about those you see, grossly overweight, who billow out of red track suit bottoms and pink sweatshirts, with blue socks, green cloggies and greasy lank hair, smoking a cigarette outside Macdonalds?

I admire those men here who flaunt their stiletto thigh boots, but I would have neither the guts nor the desire to do this. My preference is for an understated look with the high-heeled equivalent of what I'd wear in ordinary 'man' shoes: sandals, shoes or boots, depending on the weather. Personally I like the high-heeled trainers, as they're discreet and quiet, but I know they're not everyone's choice. Strangely enough I hate ordinary trainers - I don't possess any.

I'm not out to shock anyone, least of all close friends who might be offended, and must admit I haven't worn anything higher than about 2.5 inches in the street in daylight, although I've worn boots with heels close to 4 inches after dark, and I must try those HH trainers for shopping some time soon.

Anyway, my tuppence worth!

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

I find this whole debate quite interesting.I doubt if someone would walk up to any man in the 16th - 18th century and call him a sissy or silly. You would be dead before sundown. It is good that people are starting to talk about it. I am sure Amanda Snake did not mean any harm with her opinion about Men in High Heels. She started a conversation and it is more important to solve issues this way. The line between masculine and feminine fashoin is becomming very thin. Lets see how this all turns out. Keep talking people. This is great!!!

The last bastion of masculinity is war and they can keep it.

I guess that is the result of living in a bubble and having a misguided superiority complex... too bad. I see that an issue for her, she has happily secluded herself into her little bubble and would have it no other way.

Just as an FYI, if you pay attention to politics at all there are PLENTY of women that are willing to go to war. Oh, and there are PLENTY of women in the military willing to go to war as well. The fact that we are men has nothing to do with our intentions towards others.

Small minded thought is a dangerous thing indeed.

My recommendation to Amanda's post is to get over it. It's too small a thing to get upset about. The last thing we need do is to harbour bad feelings towards each other over honest opinions.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Whoa up people - everyone is entitled to their opinion and as I undersand it this site was not originally set up for men who wear heels - they have just taken it over. I started a thread this morning asking as a fun discussion what the last bastion of males would be. Check it out. Last bastion being something that when given up would negate males as a sex. For me the last bastion would be standing at the urinal. Said in the spirit of fun and friendship. Loosen up guys!

"A man cannot make a pair of shoes rightly unless he do it in a devout manner" - Thomas Carlyle

I think people should wear whatever they are comfortable with. I also wear lipstick. I love lipstick and am starting to wear that out also. i was in a gas station this morning and the girl working there was like. wow thats some bright pink lipstick. she was nice friendly and we talked lipstick. she loves bright red. it was a great experience. im glad it happened. i love lipstick and heels and am starting to wear them out more and more. do whatever your comfortable with. I sure am.

I thoroughly recommend the books 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus' and 'Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps.' You can pick them up on Amazon and other places for very little money, and they do wonders at explaining why men and women often find it very difficult to communicate with each other. I think these books and others like them have saved quite a few marriages! The second book gives an insight as to why there are so few female air traffic controllers. :)

In actual fact I was quoting Alan Pease (the author of Why Men Never Listen...) when I said it...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I think people should wear whatever they are comfortable with. I also wear lipstick. I love lipstick and am starting to wear that out also. i was in a gas station this morning and the girl working there was like. wow thats some bright pink lipstick. she was nice friendly and we talked lipstick. she loves bright red. it was a great experience. im glad it happened. i love lipstick and heels and am starting to wear them out more and more. do whatever your comfortable with. I sure am.

That is something I do wear to work, I also have long nails which I keep polished too.

Whoa up people - everyone is entitled to their opinion and as I undersand it this site was not originally set up for men who wear heels - they have just taken it over.

I started a thread this morning asking as a fun discussion what the last bastion of males would be. Check it out.

Last bastion being something that when given up would negate males as a sex.

For me the last bastion would be standing at the urinal. Said in the spirit of fun and friendship.

Loosen up guys!

I was not really upset, just like she expressed her opinion I expressed mine too.

My last bastion is my opinion.

If all we have left is to stand at urinal while going then we are in the hurt locker...

I have read so many stupid things about "men in heels" - this is not shocking or disappointing to me anymore.

They [heels] were made for a reason. I believe that reason is to give women a little extra sex appeal [...]

Is this the reason why Louis XIV & Co. wore heels?

Sorry, many of these ladies do not know the historical background of heels. They believe they have been invented for ladies only.

Further on, they believe, only women could walk in them w/o problems (and maybe some gay freaks and dragqueens) - but not ordinary, straight men.

They are defending their huge and wide territory of clothings and accessories. Everything that looks nice, is made for women - the ugly rest is left for the guys (if you look around in shops, you will confirm).

Women attacked and occupied so many categories of clothes and accessories, that former "strictly for guys" switched into "for girls only", i.e. long shafted boots - over centuries worn by soldiers - today "typical feminin". Short trousers - today "hot pants", and so on.

Or the trends of the last seasons: "boyfriend look", "gentlemen look", "dandy look"... this was more crossdressing than just crossover.

Does any woman ask, if she could wear anything, that might be known as "made for men"? No!

If even boxershorts (with access/ flap!) are worn by women - I do not see or accept a reason, why I should not wear heels.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!

That is something I do wear to work, I also have long nails which I keep polished too.

Very nice. you wear lipstick to work? awesome. wish i could wear that and heels more. wife doesnt approve. so only when im alone. i wear lipstick in car on way to work. its an hour ride. if I haveto make a stop then I do it wearing lipstick.

My recommendation to Amanda's post is to get over it. It's too small a thing to get upset about. The last thing we need do is to harbour bad feelings towards each other over honest opinions.

To clarify, there was nothing to get over to begin with regarding her negative opinion about men in heels. No one has anything to prove to Amanda and besides, who cares how often she has to re-repeat herself?

But reducing the last bastion of masculinity to WAR, that's what specifically I found egregious. Hence, "as if women walk on water"

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I'm with Dr. Shoe on this question -- who cares? or more to the point, why should we care? 99% of a man's DNA is the same as a woman's -- it's that 1% that makes a big difference. That said, there are women who weld and rebuild engines and there are men who take care of small children and sew. It may not be the general rule but such individuals do exist. It was suggested in the other thread that football (not sure if it is the American variety or what we Yanks call "soccer") is the "last bastion of masculinity". There are men who don't give a hoot about football (either variety) and there are women who love it. So again, you cannot really make a generality here. I personally would say the "last bastion of masculinity" would have something to do with noise, smoke, fire and wheels but it is easy to poke holes in that theory too. Since the gender-wars of the 60's we (as a society) have been concentrating on the differences between the sexes. But those differences are wondrous if you allow yourself to explore them. Roxy's eloquent answer is the correct one -- and its converse is correct too.

Have a happy time!

To clarify, there was nothing to get over to begin with regarding her negative opinion about men in heels. No one has anything to prove to Amanda and besides, who cares how often she has to re-repeat herself?

But reducing the last bastion of masculinity to WAR, that's what specifically I found egregious. Hence, "as if women walk on water"

Amanda has played the devil's advocate on more than one occasion, why should i believe she isn't now.

Come on, don't be played. Sorry I call it like I see it.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Whoa up people - everyone is entitled to their opinion and as I undersand it this site was not originally set up for men who wear heels - they have just taken it over.

I started a thread this morning asking as a fun discussion what the last bastion of males would be. Check it out.

Last bastion being something that when given up would negate males as a sex.

For me the last bastion would be standing at the urinal. Said in the spirit of fun and friendship.

Loosen up guys!

Not exactly so. When Firefox first set this up, he was indeed making it a place for men who wear high heeled footwear in public. What differentiated this site from the old one were the additional forums for Girls, Everybody, and so on. I know this because if you go back to the beginning posts you'll see I was there. Personally, I think Amanda likes all the attention.

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Amanda has played the devil's advocate on more than one occasion, why should i believe she isn't now.

Come on, don't be played. Sorry I call it like I see it.

Who said this is about you?

Her comment is tasteless and unclassy regardless. Play devils advocate but play with class.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

In watching Amanda participate in this forum over the last few years, I have seen her definitely taking a less favorable attitude recently toward men in general, but more specifically men in heels. I again now just glanced back at many of her early posts and she was far more open minded back then. I am not sure what has changed, but there has been a consistent tone from her the last several times she participated in one of these types of threads, and it is rather disappointing. :)

Look folks...

In person, Im somewhat abrasive. I have a somewhat ' foul ' mouth/language and I honestly dont care what people think about me. I've had warnings on here for language.. I do like to laugh but Im sure MOST of you would give a sigh of relief after my exiting your home from a visit if invited. :) . Thats just who I am.

As for Amanda? Who really cares? If she is so misinformed to call war the last bastion of Masculinity, I guess she should look no further then Margie Thatcher hammering the Argentineans. Theres a reason she has the nick name of the ' Iron %*#@^ ', she has earned it and a lot of respect for her actions in the process. Need anyone mention all the women in the Armed Services about the planet?

Whatever her reasoning, doesnt matter. Let her post what she wants and just consider the source, have a beer and move on. Go heeling somewhere. Dont worry about her ' class ' or anything about her.

I find her comment funny and entertaining. It gives insight into who she is. Nobody here will change her and I'm glad she at least posts in her true colors so we all know what kind of person were conversing with. Whats wrong with honesty?

Exactly.

Beers for all! :)

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.