Social websites

beaztheelz

Yes - - but I am not inclined to 'friend' anyone from this wonderful group on Facebook. That would be suicidal from the standpoint of being a local involved with certain aspects of the community. Detrimental to family and friends. Personally - - I'm not really fond of Facebook

Similarly yes. There's a lot of issues over personal security. Factors of unwelcome comments or postings that would conflict with "normal" life, be it that many know what I wear it would be easy from both sources casual visitors being "unsubtle" at the least. Sharing with closer friends that has built up trust would be up to the individual, either directly or by clues (PIB has that challenge). For me HHP and Facebook are and will be separate social locations. Al

Did you ever take the time to read all terms and conditions on Facebook website ?

I guess only a few does but I did. It is quite amazing and disturbing.

I will never be on Facebook...

Pretty intruging Ill go and have a look and see why.I am on facebook and like most, facebook and HHPlace stays seperate as not many friends and people know about my heel love.

danielp6406, I'll second your thoughts exactly. Facebook is a repository for gullible people who think their lives are really really interesting and think they are sharing their "secrets" with just their friends (which you lose track of) and all you end up doing is creating a spy network which will eventually get you in trouble. Facebook is another word for "jamais" or never. THIS is a much nicer place!! HappyinHeels:wavey:

I disagree with most of what you're saying. Facebooks Privacy Policy is ... not very private. However, why does it have to be facebook's job to look after YOUR information? The point I'm getting at is that everyone, on or off facebook, seems to think that it's facebook's job to look after their information. The same way they do towards the data protection act, in the uk. People give away their information on a day to day basis and don't give it a second thought to who may be getting this information. My facebook holds very little relevant information to me. It doesn't hold an address, a mobile phone number, an email address that's active and other such points. My information, as much as possible, I keep to myself. It's not so much that people are gullible ... it's more that they don't think. It should be, in this day and age, 'common sense' that tells us not to put details like that online for any proverbial Tom, Dick or Harry to look at!

I don't know what people are on facebook for what reason. Well, I am. As long as you don't begin to share these 'secrets' or pictures of yourself dancing on tables or vomiting over last nights party's buffet, I don't think you will get problems with FB. You can stay in contact with your friends, and there are some things I don't need to hide. What's the matter if 'someone' knows my name?? You shouldn't think everything you show on facebook will only be shown to your friends, thats all. Regarding the initial question - yes I am on Facebook, but due to certain privacy and public/community reasons I divide 'normal' life and the 'special' fetish life very sharply. As I said, there are things that shouldn't be posted on facebook.

I don't know what people are on facebook for what reason.

Well, I am. As long as you don't begin to share these 'secrets' or pictures of yourself dancing on tables or vomiting over last nights party's buffet, I don't think you will get problems with FB.

You can stay in contact with your friends, and there are some things I don't need to hide. What's the matter if 'someone' knows my name?? You shouldn't think everything you show on facebook will only be shown to your friends, thats all.

Regarding the initial question - yes I am on Facebook, but due to certain privacy and public/community reasons I divide 'normal' life and the 'special' fetish life very sharply. As I said, there are things that shouldn't be posted on facebook.

I think this is the big failure of social sites, the "everything is public" approach doesn't fit well for certain social activities. Even in general, the people that I met from learning German, wouldn't give two hoots about my interest in the latest papers I've read about compiler theory. Much less anything related to this site. Just a thought, maybe in a generation or two it won't matter. But given how mere pictures of parties and facebook updates have affected things like employment status, I'm disinclined to merge my name with all of my activities online.

Thats just like, my opinion man.

I think this is the big failure of social sites, the "everything is public" approach doesn't fit well for certain social activities. Even in general, the people that I met from learning German, wouldn't give two hoots about my interest in the latest papers I've read about compiler theory. Much less anything related to this site. Just a thought, maybe in a generation or two it won't matter. But given how mere pictures of parties and facebook updates have affected things like employment status, I'm disinclined to merge my name with all of my activities online.

Thats just like, my opinion man.

Aye thats true,facebook can cuase a lot of problems.Thing is you need to know what to post and what not.

Dont go and say stuff like I hate my boss and work if you have work colleagues and your boss on there.Dont add photos of you throwing up everywhere if youll get into trouble.You have to think,and people dont use their common sense on the internet these days. This makes things for guys like me in IT difficult,we need to think for them.

I have a few accounts in social networks. The primary use, for me, is in the networking and connecting with people. Some on the personal side, some on the professional side. My rule is that my posts and pics (very few posted) must all be rated "E" for Everybody. You just never know when (or how/what) could seem like a harmless post/pic might be used against you in any way. Coincidentally, I was chatting this week with a bunch of high-end recruiters. They all had stories of how, for example stupid "drunk" pictures posted, have costed many candidates to loose consideration for job opportunities. Perception of a higher reputational risk for the employer ... and perception is reality, or so they say. Many will debate that what we do in our personal time is only of our concern. And I support this position. Unfortunately, the reality is that once something is posted online it becomes kinda-public (despite all privacy controls). this of course, is just my humble opinion .... P

We all have differing likes and dislikes and the same goes for opinions. My opinion is that I don't have the time for Facebook nor the inclination to post a hour-by-hour account of my activieies. E

Facebook is the tool of big brother. It is a government spy network to keep tabs on people. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. So many people have taken Facebook hook, line and sinker. It's disturbing really.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Hi Beaztheelz, im on facebook, i have a group that is only accessable by my invitation, after i was outed by a friend i had to find a way i can post comments and photos of me being me. if you want to add me let me know and i will give you my facebook name. chat soon regards shoefan76

I was considering to be on Facebook in order to locate old friends from school. But as stated before, I read their terms and conditions and changed my mind. I don't like the fact all information you put on Facebook belong to them forever and they can do what they want with it without asking your permission. No thank you !

Chrome Oil, AH...common sense. That common trait found in societies in days of yore! I'd love a world replete with common sense bit here's a snapshot of what I've seen in the last thirty years or so; Back in the 1980's a New Mexico grandmother used her lap as a cupholder for some hot McDonald's coffee, then spilled the hot beverage on herself, and then sued McDonald's for her own dumb mistake. McDonald's settled out of court instead of calling her the idiot she most certainly was. How many European countries have welcomed immigrants to their lands, taken care of them, and then later seen these some of these same people defile the very countries they immigrated to?? How much common sense is at work where others allow that to happen? Earlier in 2011 we saw scores of young Britons rioting in the streets demanding the government do something for them. We find out later that these are largely UK-born kids who have had no sense of responsibility, lay around playing video games, do drugs, screw, and throw garbage about who are demanding the government "do something" for them. Common sense properly executed at this moment would take the form of an iron boot kicking all these idiots in the butt and cutting off their welfare checks. I see too much evidence of a lack of common sense these days to come to expect more of it. I'm sure you have common sense, and I know I do, but the problem is there's untold numbers of blissfully ignorant idiots between us. Life is tough....better get a helmut! HappyinHeels:wave: