Wearing heels to a pedicure/manicure

HappyinHeels

ALL, Noticed there was a thread about pedicures/manicures in the General Fashion section bit no mention of wearing heels. My question is of those that indulge in pedicures/manicures how many wear some type of hel to their appointments? Yesterday (Sat. 17-Sept.) was a very sunny and nice day in the Milwaukee/Chicago area so I drove down to Chicago and got only my second pedicure at Rachels Wigs on Belmont Ave. I wore the "MONA" wedges picture below, some size 16 stretch jeans, a polo shirt, and a goldtone dress watch. The appointment lasted about a hour and a half as my feet needed some attention. I paid for my parking at one of the parking boxes and I know a person or two passed by but uneventful. I went in and and Rachel took great care of me. I watched "Connie and Carla" on their TV as I had my toes done. She painted the toes a fuschia with some sparkle to it. How very relaxing this experience is it makes me wonder why I waited eight months to get another! I highly recommend it to anyone thinking of having it done. After the appointment I stopped by my friend's place, Skyscraperheels, to chat a bit with Gary the owner. All in all, a pretty relaxing day. HappyinHeels

post-18145-133522954455_thumb.jpg

I've had a couple of pedicures, and they were incredible. Unfortunately, I only had clear polish applied. The ultimate would be to have a color polish then go out wearing some really cool sandals to show them off. I'm not that brave, though. I love the wedges that you wore too.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

I have worn wedge heels to pedicure appointments. My wife and I get our toes polished at the salon several times a year. Usually I see more of a reaction because I have my toes polished versus me wearing the wedge heels. After a couple of visits even the fact that I have my toes polished is normal for the techs.

I get pedicures with polish about every two weeks. I take several candidate colors and let the girl pick them out. She is a friend and did my wife years ago. I wear high heel wedges (5+ inch heels) to the salon about half the time. None of the staff pays attention any more. I leave wearing thong sandals (very low wedge) so as not to smudge the polish until it is safely hard.

My wife and I went to get our nails done (manicure and pedicure) at the salon tonight, and just got home. I was keen to wear my new Aerosoles Platonic sandals, and she was a bit hesitant, but I promised to give her an extra paper bag to put over her head in case mine came off! LOL She knew how much I wanted to wear them after doing so in San Francisco (see my thread on here), and finally gave her approval. Well, the nail technician went wild! Turns out she's a shoe-holic herself and was wearing a cute pair of Naturalizer open toe stilettos that looked great with her dark nail polish. She said Aerosoles has become her favorite brand and she loves the fit and styling. She really went ga-ga over my sandals when she saw them. And she let my wife know what great taste I had! LOL So the three of us had a fun evening discussing shoes and lots of other things. It was a lucky break for me - if the nail tech were really turned off or even neutral about a guy in heels, the evening would have been a dud. So I really came home beaming! And by the way, our nails have never looked better. We both got a very light pink polish on our fingernails (looks practically clear). I got the same on my toenails and my wife got a bold coral color on hers. And the artwork was perfect! Steve

post-19919-133522954597_thumb.jpg

I have not worn heels to get my pedicures done, just open flat sandals. Always have toes done, in fact I have appoint in 2 days. Mostly get colours, and french if going to a beach holiday. The heels I have do not work for toes while drying, but 1/2 later they are on. Will come a day when a pair of wedge sandals go with me, but where I do my regular spa visits. Mtnsofheels

Wear sandals. Last thing you want is to go in for a Mani/Pedi spend $50 and screw them up by putting on something that will cover your feet. You can find some pink flip flops if you are just wanting that extra charge. Don't ruin your polish.

SArmeah - "No one cares how much you know, till they know how much you care"

I've only done this once, but it was a great experience. I went into a nail salon that had 4 beautiful Vietnamese ladies doing the work. I was wearing a pair of black 4" blade ankle boots with a slightly pointy toe. The woman who did me was wearing a pair of silver mules with about a 3 inch heel. I told her how much I liked her shoes, but she didn't comment about my boots. All of the ladies were chatting in their language and I'm sure they were talking about my heels because there were looks and giggles from them. I really wish that they had been more curious about my heels as they lay there in plain sight for the whole pedicure. When she was finished, she asked what color I wanted my toenails to be painted. i opted for clear, but I think it was her admission that because of my heels, i might be interested in some nail polish more feminine looking. The fact that there wasn't a conversation about my heels, I attribute to their shyness. Still a great experience.

Looking to share my fetish with like-minded individuals. I love to wear classic opera pumps in public with 4-5 inch stiletto heels.

I have also worn heels (thongs) to get a pedicure and it was fun!! I have done this twice, both times with my wife. Both times there was no mention of my heels, like it was no big deal. They finished up with a clear coat of polish and then we went and had lunch. The wife and I have another tenative pedicure date for next Monday - probably the last pedicure for the year, summer (aka sandal season) is over, bummer. As an aside, I always wear thongs or some type of open toe sandal for pedicures - don't want to mess up the nice paint job - especially after paying all the $$$$ for the pedicure!! sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 3 weeks later...