Have you missed out ?

loveheel

I am just curious how many people have had a similar experience to mine recently. I had been drooling for several weeks over a great pair of boots at DSW. They were Nine West boots on sale: 4" blade heels in natural color. They looked and felt awesom but were still rather expensive. So i could not get myself to buy them. I went back to the store three times in a span of a few weeks, trying them on and hope that there price would have been reduced. Recently, I deciced to go and buy them anyway since I liked them so much. But when I got to the store they were gone !@ Aaargh ! Any of you ever waited too long to buy, just to see the shoes disappear ?

You think that is a hart breaker, huh?? Try biding on Ebay and loosing a pair of size 11 thigh high boots with a 4" chuncky heel. :(

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Happens all the time. I found an incredible pair of 3-inch tapered heel clogs for $99 in a size 12. By the time I decided to buy, they were no longer offering them in anything larger than a 10!

I'm still miffed that most mfg's refuse to offer their line in sizes larger than 10. Take for example the following heel:

Posted Image

I'd love to wear a pair of these during the winter (it doesn't below freezing very much here in Vegas) but the size tops out at 10.

There were the most amazing pair of knee length leather pull-on boots with a 5" heel by Patrick Cox. By the time I'd got the £395 together they only had the satin ones left in my size at £410- so I had to get them instead...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Missed out on things more times than I care to remember.

Several years ago, I saw some stiletto court shoes with heels just over 5 inches high, extremely narrow heels (thinner then your average biro), new and unworn in a charity shop. I went back the next day, just in time to see someone pick them up, try them on for a few seconds then take them to the counter to pay for them.

Also several years ago, I saw a lovely pair of Bally court shoes with almost 5 inch heel, and a very thin gold ring just above the heel tap. This was the only pair in that style. I tried them on in a quiet corner, then realising I was short of money I went up the road to the cash machine to get some more. When I arrived back at the shop I almost walked into a lady leaving the shop wearing them. A few weeks later I saw another lady wearing the same style, but have never seen them again anywhere.

Earlier this year T J hughes had piles of black leather ankle boots, one style with pointy toe and at least 4 inch thin heel labelled pretty woman. They also had some lower PU ones with a metal heel, and some others with a sort of net effect on the shoe. They had loads from October until February, then suddenly one day sent them all back to the warehouse (normally they would be on a reduced price to clear for a few weeks, but, no, not this time). The boots have just gone back into the shops, but only the latter two styles. The first style, the one that I wanted, were all sent back to the manufacturer in March.

There are others, many others, in the last 15 years.

Not often. I generally keep a good eye out on the shoe shops, so I know what styles are coming and going. If anything that I like is on sale or limited stock (eg Charity Shop), I try it on and if it fits, buy it there and then.

Ah, well! Ya win some, lose some and some get rained out. Be positive. Like Yogi Berra says "when you get to the fork in the road, take it." :(

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 6 months later...

I GOT 'M !!! :D

I got my POD's. Style Sloane. When I first saw them I like them. That was at the end of 2002.

When I received my creditcard My size was gone, not available at Tallgirls or 9to11.

Later I saw them at James & James , but also my size 44 was gone. I asked the manufacturer POD about them, it was an old style they said and they won't come back. Off course I was a little dissapointed, but a few weeks ago I surfed again to James & James and there they were again....in size 44! Not in black, but in brown.

So I ordered them and today I received them. They fit like gloves and although they are not high -3 inch heel and 3/4 inch sole- I certainly will wear them outside.

I haven't missed out this time! :D

Robert

I remember a pair of bronze 5" + stiletto ankle strap sandals I desired since first time I saw them. At that time, my wife didn't know about my feetish for wearing heels, so I owned just a few pairs, in secret. When I decided to buy them, there were just a whole new collection of shoes for sale. "My" bronze stilettos were lost forever. :D

No shoe is better than a sexy pair of stilettos!

• 4 months later...

A few years ago I went to Van Wonderen Shoestore in Hilversum not far from Utrecht to look for boots in size 44 (10UK or 12USf). When I got there it was one of their crowdiest saturday afternoons. I walked through the store to the shelfs with the boots when I saw a style which appealed me. I took it up and studied the sole, the toebox, the heel (which was a blockheel of 8 cms or 3 1/4 inch), the leather, everything, including the price. I put it back to look for other boots and shoes, and a few minutes later I made up my mind, I would take the long boots which I had been standing with, but they weren't anymore on the shelf. I looked in the shop and saw a lady standing and showing the boots to her husband who was sitting. I saw the manager of the shop and walked towards him and asked if that style came back once more. He said no, and the only thing I could do at that moment was watching that the boots fitted great on the lady with her size 44. Robert

Count me in too! Extremely frustrating and disheartening. As that old saying goes, you have to strike while the iron's hot! If you hesitate, all (including a nice pair of shoes you happen to be interested in) will be lost!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I liked these too. They were originally only 49.99 buy it now but i um'd and ahh'd and before i knew it they were upto 62.00. Should have been impulsive and bought them as soon as i saw them. Bad luck too you too emma :D

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

This happened to me once in M&S with a straight skirt. There was only one in Black in my size and long length. But I did not have enough money on me so I went outside to a cash machine to draw some out. But when I got back the skirt had gone. I went back a week later hoping that they would have got some more in, but they now did not even have it in my size let alone extra long length :D It seems to me that when a new line comes out all the large sizes soon go and you are left with just the small ones, also new lines seem to just run once and that's it. The motto is if you see something you like buy it because the large sizes soon go, never to be repeated.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

Speaking of which... Online stores like Nordstroms and Zappos are flush with the Fall offerings. We all know that most styles will still be available in size 8 come January, but the larger sizes will probably sell out less than a month, so now's the time to buy!

• 2 weeks later...

I too missed out on a pair of those boots that Emma posted. I'd seen them a while ago and liked them but for some reason decided not to buy. Sadly when I went back to the website I'd seen them on there were none left in my size in black, and they'd been discontinued so no chance of getting any in. I was half-tempted to buy a red pair, but would probably never have worn them. Chris

well,happened to me once ,I went to Zara & I'd seen a beautiful slingback black pumps I really really liked...the whole Zara store was on sale,almost everything 40%-50% off,the frustrating thing was I couldn't find a pair from dozens in my number... :D there were smaller & larger sizes,not mine (9)! The price was pretty good, $29 from a $99 regular price!!

Just Love High Heels...

Well, it happened to me, also. New-Port News advertised their Milano Boot on sale at a good price. I thought about it, but put it off. When I finally decided to order them, the black ones were gone, the dark brown ones were gone, and the only color left was Antique Taupe which is a much, much lighter shade. Well I ordered them and liked them, but would have preferred them in black. I am wearing them now as I post this to you all. Tomorrow, the wife and I have to go down to the County Courthouse to attend to some business and I'm going to wear them down there tomorrow. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Well, I don't know if this qualifies as "missing out", but it can be extremely frustrating, if not maddening to wander through the women's shoe section in a department store, seeing all sorts of wonderful looking shoes and knowing you can't buy ANYTHING because the sizes only go up to 11. While I do have resources to fall back on, that sort of thing hurts aplenty! :D

JeffB:-) I can see where that can be very disapointing for you and all others in your same situation. In a way, that really IS missing out. I have gone through entire ladies shoe departments also but for various other reasons, and still couldn't find anything to satisfy my needs. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I know :) I was just stirring :D people wear what YOU want and don't be swayed by what the majority says! to quote Iron Maiden's "Fear Is The Key" (off Fear Of The Dark)"Fear is the key, to what you want to be, You don't get a say, the Majority Gets it's way, your outnumbered by the B$^tards 'till the day you die" (that used to be my sig until I thought it sounded too "negative" later, TXT-1

In a way I like the limited choices for guys above US womens 11, we don't have to put up with those horrible "murder weapons" (shoes with toes so pointed toed they could kill someone :D

later,

TXT-1

Funny you should mention that, TXT-1. One of my co-workers laughingly calls shoes with very pointed toes "roach killers" because those sort of toes can do away with many a household vemin! :rofl:

yeah I just missed out 8) www.tonyshoesinc.com/V13-Shoes/Boots/Ankle/901.htm yeah the heels are still available, but they have discontinued the US womens 13 and 14's :D

I'm a 13 8)8):D I just don't want "tranny overhang"! the do sell a "701" which is a 7" heel 3" plat in a 13 but I like the "901"s, bugger! Yeah I like "plats, Laurie :)

later,

TXT-1